ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats on being #1 for the 1st time Auburn!

Coaches know better jobs when they see them. Money, facilities, fan support can't match prestige.

UL has probably the best facilities in the nation, generational fan support, and tradition.

Adding to the banners > starting a line of banners.

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986
Did I really just read 5 pages of two special ed kids going back and forth, like five pages straight no interruptions?

Lots of anger on this board because 1. everyone hates the new kid on the block for a bit 2. Auburn wasn't supposed to challenge UK for the SEC title 3. AuHoosier is a moron lmfao. Just ignore this dude.
Go on.

One last thing about UL and AU. One is new money. Unbiased view.

You both will never be real ole grandpappy has his dick out money.

Pearl really has something to think about.

Is it a two horse race between Pearl and Payne. Can someone come up on the backstretch?

I miss Louisville.

Last edited:
There is a better chance of Nick Saban coaching Auburn football next year than there is of Bruce even thinking about going to UL....

Easily the last thing I am worried about..

Reactions: AuHoosier420
Lol I now realize why Cats fans make fun of you guys. Good grief. Congrats on your recent success nerds, but your program is still a queef in the wind. For a "commuter school" we have 10 times as many final fours and actually have championships on our resume. Cry your eyes out fayghuts.

Lol I now realize why Cats fans make fun of you guys. Good grief. Congrats on your recent success nerds, but your program is still a queef in the wind. For a "commuter school" we have 10 times as many final fours and actually have championships on our resume. Cry your eyes out fayghuts.
I mean Louisville was a mid major until about 8 years ago.

Reactions: olsonab
I mean Louisville was a mid major until about 8 years ago.
Lol what? We played in the Big East from 2005-13. And even before that we were still winning championships and going to final fours. Know your place, little dude. If no one cares about Louisville (which clearly isn't true judging by every major sports media outlet, and message board having multiple threads on just a coaching hire) then NOOOObody gives a flying **** about Auburn. You guys had Charles Barkley 35 years ago, and still didn't do shit. Kiss the rings bitch.

Lol what? We played in the Big East from 2005-13. And even before that we were still winning championships and going to final fours. Know your place, little dude.
The big east? You got a mercy bid after Miami, bc, and Va tech left. LOL. It’s you that needs to know it’s place. Louisville as an athletic department is a historic mid major.

The big east? You got a mercy bid after Miami, bc, and Va tech left. LOL. It’s you that needs to know it’s place. Louisville as an athletic department is a historic mid major.
The big East was the best conference during that stint, little guy. This tells me all I need to know regarding your basketball knowledge. And lol we still won championships being a “mid major”, so what does that say about Auburn being in the sec? Yikes. You can make up any alternate universe of history you want, but the fact remains. We have multiple championships, 10 final fours while Auburn as one final four and zero championships. No one cares about Auburn basketball, you’re essentially Purdue.

The big East was the best conference during that stint, little guy. This tells me all I need to know regarding your basketball knowledge. And lol we still won championships being a “mid major”, so what does that say about Auburn being in the sec? Yikes.
That auburn should have cared and tried a lot more in basketball because If a mid major commuter school can win titles. A school with SEC money. Certainly can. Now that larger and wealthier athletic departments are caring. The landscape is changing. This is why Uk fans are getting so butthurt. The days of them being the only school in the SEC to spend any money on basketball are over.

That auburn should have cared and tried a lot more in basketball because If a mid major commuter school can win titles. A school with SEC money. Certainly can. Now that larger and wealthier athletic departments are caring. The landscape is changing. This is why Uk fans are getting so butthurt. The days of them being the only school in the SEC to spend any money on basketball are over.
Okay now you’re talking in circles. If that were the case, the SEC would have more schools with titles. There’s a reason why Kentucky always crushes your conference. I like how you revert back to “sec”. Usually programs with no history of winning resort to conference talk. Louisville>Auburn. Facts are facts. Sorry Charlie, thems the brakes. You can quote me again and rinse and repeat if you please.

Okay now you’re talking in circles. I like how you revert back to “sec”. Usually programs with no history of winning resort to conference talk. Louisville>Auburn. Facts are facts. Sorry Charlie, thems the brakes. You can quote me again and rinse and repeat if you please.
Auburn basketball will be better then Louisville in basketball going forward. Those are the facts

Reactions: johnboiler123
Auburn basketball will be better then Louisville in basketball going forward. Those are the facts
Lololol. John loosier liked your post. That tells me all I need to know. Enjoy your fantasy mindset. I’m heading back to reality. Cheers little dude!

• Haha
Lololol. John loosier liked your post. That tells me all I need to know. Enjoy your fantasy mindset. I’m heading back to reality. Cheers little dude!
This reality. Auburn is the number 1 team in the country right now. Louisville is about to the miss the dance again. You will settle for an unproven coach with your hire as well. Louisville’s best days are in the past

You're being unrealistic. Auburn has more resources and money than Louisville, so it's a fairy tale that you think he would just jump ship because you're Louisville. Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, etc? Maybe. Louisville? No.
Bruce has a good thing going on at Auburn, which is why I don't think he leaves. Loyalty seems like a big thing with him, and Auburn took a chance when a lot of other schools wouldn't. That said, I don't think the money difference is that much, nor the facilities (are we sure Auburn has better basketball facilities than Louisville? I kinda doubt that) to where Pearl wouldn't consider the job. Which is all most of us have been saying, it would be silly to completely dismiss that idea.

Reactions: UL_1986
Bruce has a good thing going on at Auburn, which is why I don't think he leaves. Loyalty seems like a big thing with him, and Auburn took a chance when a lot of other schools wouldn't. That said, I don't think the money difference is that much, nor the facilities (are we sure Auburn has better basketball facilities than Louisville? I kinda doubt that) to where Pearl wouldn't consider the job. Which is all most of us have been saying, it would be silly to completely dismiss that idea.
It's silly because he's in the perfect situation and we are building a brand new basketball only facility for him. Auburn will do whatever it takes and then some, I promise you that. Years ago I might have thought differently but the new regime isn't going to let this drag on. They are in negotiations that will keep him at Auburn for the rest of his career.

So, yes, Auburn will have better facilities than Louisville soon.

You're being unrealistic. Auburn has more resources and money than Louisville, so it's a fairy tale that you think he would just jump ship because you're Louisville. Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, etc? Maybe. Louisville? No.
False on the resources and the money. We have some of the best facilities in the United States.

• Haha
These Auburn guys sure are insecure for a program that’s never won anything.

False on the resources and the money. We have some of the best facilities in the United States.
False and saying false. We will have some of the best facilities in the near future. It's part of the deal we are making with him.

False and saying false. We will have some of the best facilities in the near future. It's part of the deal we are making with him.
“In the near future” lol you truly don’t know what you’re talking about.

“In the near future” lol you truly don’t know what you’re talking about.
Basketball only facilities in the near future. Are you not following or do we want to argue the intent of the word "near"?

It's silly because he's in the perfect situation and we are building a brand new basketball only facility for him. Auburn will do whatever it takes and then some, I promise you that. Years ago I might have thought differently but the new regime isn't going to let this drag on. They are in negotiations that will keep him at Auburn for the rest of his career.

So, yes, Auburn will have better facilities than Louisville soon.
Again, I think he stays. I just wouldn't completely dismiss the idea so vaguely like a lot of you guys have been doing. Sets yourselves up for more disappointment if something were to happen. I know if I were an Auburn fan I would be all about keeping him as long as we possibly could. Its very possible he retires there.

BTW, the YUM Center is basically the standard for any basketball arena now. Auburn has a lot to compete with if they intend on building a basketball only arena as beautiful as Louisville's.

Okay, I think I'm done defending the cards for the day. Gonna go get some chicken and head home for the weekend.

Again, I think he stays. I just wouldn't completely dismiss the idea so vaguely like a lot of you guys have been doing. Sets yourselves up for more disappointment if something were to happen. I know if I were an Auburn fan I would be all about keeping him as long as we possibly could. Its very possible he retires there.
Just so I'm on record and clear....

I would understand other jobs to some degree. I would still be pissed but if Kentucky came calling I could at least understand a conversation taking place. Louisville? Naw. They aren't part of that conversation imo. They must think the deserve to be a part of that conversation but they don't.

• Love
BTW, the YUM Center is basically the standard for any basketball arena now. Auburn has a lot to compete with if they intend on building a basketball only arena as beautiful as Louisville's.

Okay, I think I'm done defending the cards for the day. Gonna go get some chicken and head home for the weekend.
We already have the arena built and it's great. The new practice facilities will be basketball only. I will make the assumption that it will be just as good as what other programs have, if not better. I doubt Bruce is letting them get off cheap.

Reactions: JimboBBN
We already have the arena built and it's great. The new practice facilities will be basketball only. I will make the assumption that it will be just as good as what other programs have, if not better. I doubt Bruce is letting them get off cheap.
I do enjoy seeing our conference expand beyond football. I’ve spent most of my fan hood getting grief about SEC basketball and that seems to be changing quickly.

Some little girl has come out of hiding with yet another username. Anxiously awaiting his next one after another meltdown lol. 🤣

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT