Imo:

1) Big 12 - #1 RPI, #1 NET, 2 top 10, 4 ranked
2) SEC - #4 RPI, #3 NET, 1 top 10, 4 ranked
3) B10 - #3 Rpi, #2 net, 2 top 10, 5 ranked
4) Big East - #2 rpi, #4 net, 0 top 10, 5 ranked
5) PAC - #5 rpi, #5 net, 2 top 10, 3 ranked
6) ACC - #6 rpi, #6 net, 1 top 10, 1 ranked
7) American - #7 rpi, #7 net, 0 top 10,
Tell us about that choke job your team pulled vs Kansas?

As for the ranking, until someone knocks some PAC teams out of the tournament, they’re #1.

BIG 12 - SEC Challenge this weekend
2022_b12_mbb_secchallenge_1920x1080_1_02_PW.png

All I know is the big 12 is damn near a prize fight every matchup. I think over half our games have been settled by 3 or less points. Maybe Kansas is just sub par defensively, but we have some opposing players putting up video game performances against us. 40 minute battles....or 50 like last night.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Baylor
ISU
UK
Mississippi
Auburn
Florida
LSU
Texas
Tech
Arky

I think the KU/UK and LSU/TCU games are toss-ups. UK is good at forcing us into shooting jump shots the last several times we’ve played, and we aren’t shooting well right now outside of Ochai. All they have to do is guard him tight and make everybody else beat them. Unless Braun or somebody else gets a hot hand, this could be some stagnant offense. We’ve been making up for our poor shooting lately with some good rebounding, but offensive boards may be tough to come by if the WVU guy can stay out of foul trouble.

Baylor
ISU
UK
Mississippi
Auburn
Florida
LSU
Texas
Tech
Arky

I think the KU/UK and LSU/TCU games are toss-ups. UK is good at forcing us into shooting jump shots the last several times we’ve played, and we aren’t shooting well right now outside of Ochai. All they have to do is guard him tight and make everybody else beat them. Unless Braun or somebody else gets a hot hand, this could be some stagnant offense. We’ve been making up for our poor shooting lately with some good rebounding, but offensive boards may be tough to come by if the WVU guy can stay out of foul trouble.
UK will be on the road at Kansas, it's hard to beat Kansas in Lawrence. LSU/TCU imo is not a toss up, TCU is the worst team in BIG12, LSU should beat TCU easily. other than that I agree with all of your other picks.

Last edited:
UK will be on the road at Kansas, it's hard to beat Kansas in Lawrence. LSU/TCU imo is not a toss up, TCU is the worst team in BIG12, LSU should beat TCU easily. other than that all I agree with all of your other picks.
I don't think that TCU is the worst in the Big 12. Even if they were, the worst Big 12 team is still 50ish on Kenpom right now. That's not an easy road game. I could see that one being really competitive.

Reactions: LeroyOU12
UK will be on the road at Kansas, it's hard to beat Kansas in Lawrence. LSU/TCU imo is not a toss up, TCU is the worst team in BIG12, LSU should beat TCU easily. other than that I agree with all of your other picks.

For LSU everything depends on the availability of Pinson. They are garbage without a competent point guard.

It’s weird. It would be like me pimping how great the Big East is.
I think the opposite phenomenon is fascinating - when fans of a team who’s having a bad season shit talk their conference, like Nebraska football fans and the Big Ten. It’s like this weird psychological phenomenon where they aren’t part of the party so they figure the party must not be all that great (how could it be if they aren’t a part of it?!) and they want the party to suck, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Baylor
ISU
UK
Mississippi
Auburn
Florida
LSU
Texas
Tech
Arky

How does KUs 6'6 guards rebound against Oscar Tscheigwe?

9/10 Big 12 teams are in the top 30 adjust defense per KenPom
only KU is outside of it, and they are #50 in defense and #3 in Offense

Big 12 is on track to be the 4th best conference as a whole since 2002

9/10 Big 12 teams are in the top 30 adjust defense per KenPom
only KU is outside of it, and they are #50 in defense and #3 in Offense

Big 12 is on track to be the 4th best conference as a whole since 2002
Do the teams take turns hosting the best conference trophy or does it just go to the team who finishes first?

Do the teams take turns hosting the best conference trophy or does it just go to the team who finishes first?
Usually, we all beat up on each other and then KU takes the cake because of their perfect home record.

Iowa St wins easily. Texas Tech beats Miss St. I think KU and Texas have the edge, being at home. I expect Baylor to win.

Auburn and LSU should win, although I don't think LSU will have a walk in the park. Florida and Arkansas probably have the edge at home.

I don't have a ton of faith in K-State, but I think they're a better team than Miss.

I'll say 6-4 Big 12.

Dude your last 3 OP’s are all about the big 12 as a league. You need to focus on K-State improving then start posting this lol.

Big 12 would be top dog if it even tied the SEC given its SOS and quality wins. But we didn’t take care of business nor did the little brothers. I do think Baylor wins with LJ Cryer >>> tho Texas, Tech, TCU and ISU nice wins tho. We play Kentucky in March things will be different. Bet.

to answer question as of today:

1 SEC
2 XII
3 B10 (close to 1/2 and could argue there’s a 3 way tie at the top)
4 BEast
5 pac
6 ACC
7 American

Dude your last 3 OP’s are all about the big 12 as a league. You need to focus on K-State improving then start posting this lol.

Big 12 would be top dog if it even tied the SEC given its SOS and quality wins. But we didn’t take care of business nor did the little brothers. I do think Baylor wins with LJ Cryer >>> tho Texas, Tech, TCU and ISU nice wins tho. We play Kentucky in March things will be different. Bet.

to answer question as of today:

1 SEC
2 XII
3 B10 (close to 1/2 and could argue there’s a 3 way tie at the top)
4 BEast
5 pac
6 ACC
7 American
I’m not saying you can’t make an argument for the SEC, but why do people act like one particular day is the only determining factor? The Big 12 still leads the SEC by a few games overall. But even the full non conference season doesn’t mean much unless one league shows clear dominance.

I’m not saying you can’t make an argument for the SEC, but why do people act like one particular day is the only determining factor? The Big 12 still leads the SEC by a few games overall. But even the full non conference season doesn’t mean much unless one league shows clear dominance.
I’m just giving credit. We got beat. But according to the Kstate guy, XII still leads 9-7 hahahaha

but ya if everyone is healthy and we do a straight up 10 vs 10 in order especially on a neutral, big 12 wins that 6-4 easily.

Baylor wouldn’t have lost healthy. Didn’t have top scorer >> Especially to Bama.

little brothers teams were on the road. WVU in 9th place vs Arkansas who is what like 3rd in sec? OU got matched up with auburn. Just was a funky setup.

Texas and Tennessee and our game were the most “straight up” games. We just didn’t show up and it was like a super bowl for Kentucky. Ochai comes down with covid right after so clearly was a little sick that night AND thus his worst night of the year.

I think all the conferences are gonna get sliced up first weekend. Gonna be looking at 25% of the teams in the S16 from the gutter, another 25 % that are kinda like, maybe the mid-major expected range? Then the other half will spread from the P5. Or something like that.

Then we will all come to the conclusion, we knew it all along.

But others will say it's random and the results don't really prove anything.

Reactions: cdbearde
The SEC sucks.

The Big XII are wonderful all ten of them.

The Big Ten beats the shit out of everyone.

I think I summed up the shit around here. 😂

Hahahah. Well, those are the 3 top dogs unequivocally. BEast right up next.

I could see the b10 do really well this tourney given how bad it was last year. And the sec and / or XII have bad tourneys

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT