ADVERTISEMENT

Compliment your rival's fans

Try to follow along little buddy. When U say UK is “bigger than the coach” that implies that who the coach is doesnt matter, which implies that any coach could be successful. To which a bad hire would be impossible, bc of UK was “so much bigger than the coach” then anyone would be successful, including BCG.

Either No program is “bigger than the coach” or every program is “bigger than the coach, bc regardless if u are UK or Murray State University, a good coach can produce a winning team, and a winning culture. And a shit coach could just as easily run either into the ground.

Plus uk fans should know better than any, recruits usually commit to a coach, moreso than a program, which is why alot of times when a team makes a new hire, the new guy will bring the recruits he had committed or was currently recruiting to the new school. Ala demarcus cousins and john wall. They were going to llay for calipari, whether it was at uk, memphis, or timbuktu, and neither obv gave two flips about yalls peach basket titles with white players only or they would have had uk on their list before cal got the call.

You should have just said you have multiple coaches with titles, more different coaches with titles than anyone by a longshot. Thats true, but It still doesnt magically make UK basketball better than whoever the current coach is.

Bunch of homos in tights playing grab ass and tea-bagging each other for fun... that's right up the Big Ten's alley. Of course they dominate.
Screen-Shot-2020-09-16-at-11.37.54-PM.png
This is so funny had to quote it lmao i cant stop laughing. Thanks and kudos

Reactions: Random UK Fan
th

This is what makes their "time frame" argument so stupid. Time framing is exactly what they are attempting when they jump back in time.

The 40's and 50's have nothing to do what CBB today.
Timeframing is selecting parts of all time to fit your narrative. UK fans don't ever have to resort to that as ALL TIME stats\accomplishments\etc favor UK every time.... especially in any comparisons w\ut. Learn to know the difference.

Reactions: Scotty00
UT was the same exact seed as UK last year and won the SECT right before the ncaa started. They were just as much of a title threat as uk, if not more so, and they proved that on the court by not losing the first game they played.

Tell the last sentence to BCG. Yall have had multiple coaches win titles, that does not mean any ass hat off the street could come in and be successful at UK, hence BCG was terrible. Did uk forget to be “bigger than the coach” then?

No program is “bigger than the coach” Della is right, the coach is the single most important thing in regards to a successful program.

No one mixes arrogance together with ignorance quite like uk fans.
UK is 'bigger' than the coach as FIVE coaches have won titles at UK. No other program has done this. That's what that statement means.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Timeframing is selecting parts of all time to fit your narrative. UK fans don't ever have to resort to that as ALL TIME stats\accomplishments\etc favor UK every time.... especially in any comparisons w\ut. Learn to know the difference.
Any time you interject all time history into a conversation about Barnes and Cal you are time framing. You are adding time that is irrelevant to the conversation.

Time framing can be the deduction of time or the adding of it. 🙂

Any time you interject all time history into a conversation about Barnes and Cal you are time framing. You are adding time that is irrelevant to the conversation.

Time framing can be the deduction of time or the adding of it. 🙂
By definition, going with ALL TIME is the exact opposite of 'timeframing'. (Ex. "Barnes era" -- limited to only the time where he has been the coach at ut.)

Reactions: Yet Another UK Fan
By definition, going with ALL TIME is the exact opposite of 'timeframing'. (Ex. "Barnes era" -- limited to only the time where he has been the coach at ut.)
Barnes and Cal have only been at UT/UK an certain amount of time. Therefore, in a conversation about them the only information about their tenure is relevant. You time frame when you try to add non relevant time into the equation due to the fact Cal has suffered at the hands of Barnes.

Adding irrelevant time is time framing and just shows how far UK has fallen. I'll bet your grandfathers are rolling over in their graves everytime y'all do it.

UCLA is just dunking on you guys all time. Do you think you'll ever measure up?

Try to follow along little buddy. When U say UK is “bigger than the coach” that implies that who the coach is doesnt matter, which implies that any coach could be successful. To which a bad hire would be impossible, bc of UK was “so much bigger than the coach” then anyone would be successful, including BCG.

Either No program is “bigger than the coach” or every program is “bigger than the coach, bc regardless if u are UK or Murray State University, a good coach can produce a winning team, and a winning culture. And a shit coach could just as easily run either into the ground.

Plus uk fans should know better than any, recruits usually commit to a coach, moreso than a program, which is why alot of times when a team makes a new hire, the new guy will bring the recruits he had committed or was currently recruiting to the new school. Ala demarcus cousins and john wall. They were going to llay for calipari, whether it was at uk, memphis, or timbuktu, and neither obv gave two flips about yalls peach basket titles with white players only or they would have had uk on their list before cal got the call.

You should have just said you have multiple coaches with titles, more different coaches with titles than anyone by a longshot. Thats true, but It still doesnt magically make UK basketball better than whoever the current coach is.

UK is 'bigger' than the coach as FIVE coaches have won titles at UK. No other program has done this. That's what that statement means.
He’s never gonna understand!😂

Barnes and Cal have only been at UT/UK an certain amount of time. Therefore, in a conversation about them the only information about their tenure is relevant. You time frame when you try to add non relevant time into the equation due to the fact Cal has suffered at the hands of Barnes.

Adding irrelevant time is time framing and just shows how far UK has fallen. I'll bet your grandfathers are rolling over in their graves everytime y'all do it.
Unlike you, I don't have to resort to limiting things to certain coaching eras. That's what you do....it's timeframing. Once someone timeframes an argument, they've lost. It's not that this concept is impossible to understand, it's just you spinning things to the point of trying to create a new definition of what timeframing means.
Just another example of you running from the truth, LuLu.

Unlike you, I don't have to resort to limiting things to certain coaching eras. That's what you do....it's timeframing. Once someone timeframes an argument, they've lost. It's not that this concept is impossible to understand, it's just you spinning things to the point of trying to create a new definition of what timeframing means.
Just another example of you running from the truth, LuLu.
37b02888d656397c7100aa399f847f11.gif

When the conversation is about two participants adding a third is spinning and you are beginning to resemble a top.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
No its just saying a fact of thats how long ago it was. 70-80 effin years. No highlights, no memories, just a opponent and a score.

So again good luck finding ANYONE who cares about uks greatness in the 40s and 50s besides uk fans.

Or maybe like a college basketball statistician.

No, ur just the only fans who bring up ur old titles IN EVERY THREAD, when again no fan of any other team cares what uk did long before any of us were born sans bert.

Spoken like a dog pissing before a rainstorm. Nothing to look back on.

stray-dog-getting-wet-in-rain-on-country-road-royalty-free-image-1611743002.

Spoken like a dog pissing before a rainstorm. Nothing to look back on.

stray-dog-getting-wet-in-rain-on-country-road-royalty-free-image-1611743002.

Speak for yourself. I have plenty to look back on in my near 40 years. Same number of titles as Kentucky, more final fours, more league titles, 100 or so more wins, more tourney appearances, no NIT appearances, no losing seasons, no coaches fired...

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Technically, I caught him in the act of timeframing. Unless you’re Bert, none of us can look back on the beginning of college basketball. 🤣
I don't give a crap my friend, just laughing at all this and other threads, it's all fun and entertainment to me. When you show your love for your team you have my respect bottom line.
Keep up the good work. I love all you people. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Speak for yourself. I have plenty to look back on in my near 40 years. Same number of titles as Kentucky, more final fours, more league titles, 100 or so more wins, more tourney appearances, no NIT appearances, no losing seasons, no coaches fired...
Hell the reason the bring up those old titles is to try and make people remember. No memories, no highlights, just a score and a banner 🤣 And thats what they hang their hat on 😂.

Find any other fanbase(or even single non uk fan) that cares about UKs peach basket titles or better yet find any fan that would trade one title this millinium that they actually got to experience, for 2 or 3 titles in the 40s and 50s. I mean can young(relative term) ukfans even name the starting 5 on those 70-80 year old teams? They have to take history of basketball 101 to become a uk fan?

but keep telling yourselves thats what makes everyone sooooooo jealous 🤣

All time wins- check errrrr nvm
All-time-titles check errrr nvm

what exactly is uk best at again 🤣

oh thats right, dumbassery

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I said and acknowledged that, thats what yall should have said, and left it there. I guess yall just like to take sports phrases and spin them to mean whatever you want. No school is bigger than the coach, hence why ur lil buddy admitted a “bad hire is still possible” which in itself proves that uk is indeed not bigger than the coach.

Lastly if UK was truly “bigger than the coach” more of yalls nba laden rosters would have overcome the shortcomings of their coach and won a couple more titles during his tenure. Esp the 2010 and 2015 titles.

So no, just like everyone else uk is one bad hire (bcg) away from being a dumpster fire louisville is currently.

We went from never having anything but a HoF coach for like 50 years (crum, pitino) to having a guy quit/fired midseason in Mack. Looked decent at the time, but it turns out it was a bad hire.

Maybe yall should brush up on what “bigger than the coach” actually implies.

I said and acknowledged that, thats what yall should have said, and left it there. I guess yall just like to take sports phrases and spin them to mean whatever you want. No school is bigger than the coach, hence why ur lil buddy admitted a “bad hire is still possible” which in itself proves that uk is indeed not bigger than the coach.

Lastly if UK was truly “bigger than the coach” more of yalls nba laden rosters would have overcome the shortcomings of their coach and won a couple more titles during his tenure. Esp the 2010 and 2015 titles.

So no, just like everyone else uk is one bad hire (bcg) away from being a dumpster fire louisville is currently.

We went from never having anything but a HoF coach for like 50 years (crum, pitino) to having a guy quit/fired midseason in Mack. Looked decent at the time, but it turns out it was a bad hire.

Maybe yall should brush up on what “bigger than the coach” actually implies. Or maybe just go with “bigger than just 1 coach” as a shot at duke/IU. But to me “bigger than the coach” means it doesnt matter who the coach is, uk will be good regardless, which is just simply not true for anyone

"IN EVERY THREAD"?

Are you sure you have the right guy?
Not u. Ur cool. Weird but cool lol

i was more addressing the assclowns of ur fanbase. And seeing how i dont have to tag a handle for everyone to know who i mean, rest assured its not u or kev or jimbo or bearde or bert or anyone that doesnt have multiple user names on the same message board 🤣

Although you do create some thirsty ass threads lmao.

That makes me wonder if Louisville has the longest stretch of HoF coaching in history or if K has that by himself. I wanna say the coach before crum might have been a HoFer too but he got that status at IU, but i wasnt alive and there are no black and white tvs or vhs players in my house.

If so can anyone help me create a catchphrase for that??? Hall of Fame U. Bigger than the coach, unless hes a hall of famer???

Hell the reason the bring up those old titles is to try and make people remember. No memories, no highlights, just a score and a banner 🤣 And thats what they hang their hat on 😂.

Find any other fanbase(or even single non uk fan) that cares about UKs peach basket titles or better yet find any fan that would trade one title this millinium that they actually got to experience, for 2 or 3 titles in the 40s and 50s. I mean can young(relative term) ukfans even name the starting 5 on those 70-80 year old teams? They have to take history of basketball 101 to become a uk fan?

Yeah, telling someone that he should care as much or more about a title from the 40s as the one I watched a few months ago is funny.

Sure, we’d all love to say that we have more national titles, but I’d much rather they be recent than from decades before I was born.

I wonder how many of them have actually seen any of those games. They’d probably be bored out of their minds two minutes in. It was like a different sport. If the game had ceased to exist before the modern era, they probably wouldn’t know the first thing about it or care.

Certain posters used to love to throw 3>2 in KU’s faces. Now of course they’ve pivoted to “all time is all that matters.” Doesn’t UL have the same number of titles in the past four decades? Oh, but who cares about the games we’ve seen with our own eyes…

The funniest was JC trying to argue that fans should care as much about the Bears’ titles from the 30s as the Patriots’ SBs. 🤣

Last edited:

Maybe yall should brush up on what “bigger than the coach” actually implies.
I’m not even sure what “bigger than the coach” actually means.

Does it mean that they can win big with mediocre or crappy coaches? We know that isn’t true. They’re one crappy hire from years of irrelevance, like anyone else. They’ve just managed to land several good coaches throughout history.

KU fans could say the same thing. They’ve been high-level for about 4 decades straight. But that’s because they nailed three coaching hires in a row. It could quickly fall apart if they blow the next hire.

Yeah, telling someone that he should care as much or more about a title from the 40s as the one I watched a few months ago is funny.

Sure, we’d all love to say that we have more national titles, but I’d much rather they be recent than from decades before I was born.

I wonder how many of them have actually seen any of those games. They’d probably be bored out of their minds two minutes in. It was like a different sport. If the game had ceased to exist before the modern era, they probably wouldn’t know the first thing about it or care.

Certain posters used to love to throw 3>2 in KU’s faces. Now of course they’ve pivoted to “all time is all that matters.” Doesn’t UL have the same number of titles in the past four decades? Oh, but who cares about the games we’ve seen with our own eyes…

The funniest was JC trying to argue that fans should care as much about the Bears’ titles from the 30s as the Patriots’ SBs. 🤣

8 >4
8>2 and*

Fans that claim they "don't care about historical accomplishments" are usually those that don't have any. In your case, you just don't have as much.

• Love
It's not that deep guys. Take away one coach from the majority of programs(UCLA, duke, unc, Indiana, etc...) and their programs throughout history are average at best.

Take away UKs best coach, Rupp, and you still have 4 championships. The same number as Kansas's complete history.

It doesn't mean any crappy coach will win, but many coaches can.

8 >4
8>2 and*

Fans that claim they "don't care about historical accomplishments" are usually those that don't have any. In your case, you just don't have as much.

Not sure what “8>2 and*” is supposed to mean.

Did I say I don’t care about older achievements? I said I don’t care nearly as much.

What it boils down to is that no KU fan, at least those under 50 or so, wants to trade places with Kentucky. We’re content with having the best coach, best arena, never missing the tournament, and a high seed every year.

It would be interesting to have some UCLA fans on the board. It’s always hilarious to see people like you pivot to suddenly caring about things like modern success and downplaying all time title count. 😂

Did I say I don’t care about older achievements? I said I don’t care nearly as much.

What it boils down to is that no KU fan, at least those under 50 or so, wants to trade places with Kentucky. We’re content with having the best coach, best arena, never missing the tournament, and a high seed every year.

It would be interesting to have some UCLA fans on the board. It’s always hilarious to see people like you pivot to suddenly caring about things like modern success and downplaying all time title count. 😂
8>2 and* is in reference to Louisville. (U6 as they're known here)

You won't see me 'pivoting' anywhere when it comes to UCLA. They own the title count. It is what it is until it isn't.

I’m going to semi dislike beating Kenny every single year. :confused:

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

No UK fan would trade with you all either. Keep the trophy. We’ll have another soon enough and all you’ll have is some vacated wins and a coach like Will Wade.

8 >4
8>2 and*

It's not that deep guys. Take away one coach from the majority of programs(UCLA, duke, unc, Indiana, etc...) and their programs throughout history are average at best.

Take away UKs best coach, Rupp, and you still have 4 championships. The same number as Kansas's complete history.

It doesn't mean any crappy coach will win, but many coaches can.
These are the kinds of statements that keeps the less fortunate in their place. Well done men.

No UK fan would trade with you all either. Keep the trophy. We’ll have another soon enough and all you’ll have is some vacated wins and a coach like Will Wade.

A UK fan predicting a championship? Whoa!! You don't see that every offseason! 😂

Sure, champ...no one doubts that THIS is the year you get your 2nd in 24 years. Not even a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: della
These are the kinds of statements that keeps the less fortunate in their place. Well done men.
However, that is not a very accurate statement in today's world. In the past UK did everything in her power to make CBB great and did so at the expense of CFB. Most other schools did the opposite. Now, there is so much money with TV and especially in CFB, schools can do both. UK makes more money from football than they do Basketball and we are talking millions more. The paradigm has shifted.

I'm sure UK is still as motivated to be a CBB leader as they ever were, but it is a lot easier for other schools to go after that goal too now. UK use to face alternating SEC challenges in the past. Now they have to deal with UT, Arky, Aubie,bammer, LSU and UF on a yearly basis. Their life has gotten much harder and their goal is further off.

This UK fans is why buring your heads in the sands of the past is a fool's errand.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
However, that is not a very accurate statement in today's world. In the past UK did everything in her power to make CBB great and did so at the expense of CFB. Most other schools did the opposite. Now, there is so much money with TV and especially in CFB, schools can do both. UK makes more money from football than they do Basketball and we are talking millions more. The paradigm has shifted.

I'm sure UK is still as motivated to be a CBB leader as they ever were, but it is a lot easier for other schools to go after that goal too now. UK use to face alternating SEC challenges in the past. Now they have to deal with UT, Arky, Aubie,bammer, LSU and UF on a yearly basis. Their life has gotten much harder and their goal is further off.

This UK fans is why buring your heads in the sands of the past is a fool's errand.
I want the SEC to be strong so when we are at the top there can’t be excuses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT