ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball Gambling Thread - PA_Panther Owns This Thread

I wouldn't do that beat. I think Maryland's athleticism could overwhelm Vermont. But, Vermont is probably the best team in the AEC. They beat Northern Iowa without Ryan Davis (sick). No idea what his status is for today. I wouldn't feel overly confident in either direction.

Valid points, but did Green play in the game vs Vermont? I think he is considered Northern Iowa’s best player.

Thanks, but saw they also lost to Nicholls State - strange start for them

Fair point. Overall, I'd say say UNI was very disappointing last year - after a terrific 2020 season. And the 2022 season obviously has gotten off to a slow start. Looks like they were missing Bowen Born, who made the MVC All-Freshmen team. Still, Nicholls State. That shouldn't happen.

So yeah, back to this game. I wouldn't feel overly confident in either direction with an 11 point spread. But, if forced to, I'd probably take Vermont.

Last edited:
Fair point. Overall, I'd say say UNI was very disappointing last year - after a terrific 2020 season. And the 2022 season obviously has gotten off to a slow start. Looks like they were missing Bowen Born, who was made the MVC All-Freshmen team. Still, Nicholls State. That shouldn't happen.

So yeah, back to this game. I wouldn't feel overly confident in either direction with an 11 point spread. But, if forced to, I'd probably take Vermont.

Very logical post Sir - who says Duke and MD fans can’t get along ???

Very logical post Sir - who says Duke and MD fans can’t get along ???

I've actually never had an issue with Maryland. Some of my favorite non-Duke ACC players were Maryland guys. Keith Booth, Sarunas Jasikevicius, Terrence Morris, Juan Dixon, DJ Strawberry, Greivis Vasquez (Post-ACC- Bruno Fernando was cool, too). Off the top of my head, the only two guys I didn't really care for were Obinna Ekezie and Byron Mouton.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Didn’t realize Baylor is basically an option offense and can’t throw the ball. Hedged my +5.5 with OU -2.5. Rooting for the middle.

Reactions: Villian07
@PA_Panther thoughts on Cleveland State SU against Ohio? Cleveland State returned a lot from a good team last year and played BYU strong to open the season in Provo.
I think it’s worth the play. I’m out on everything today just because I have a stupid ticket on FSU to skull F Miami. Need you guys not to choke one away. Another game I would look at is taking Troy +13.5. I’m not betting any CBB today.

Reactions: GE Nole
@PA_Panther thoughts on Cleveland State SU against Ohio? Cleveland State returned a lot from a good team last year and played BYU strong to open the season in Provo.

Why isn't this game on TV (CBSSN or ESPN3?!) is my question? Likely two tournament teams. Saw Cleveland State play the other night and their defense is tenacious. Very aggressive, and so naturally they foul a lot... but they also generate a lot of turnovers. Mark Sears is going to have a monster sophomore season for Ohio. Don't think the drop-off between him and Jason Preston will be that large.

Duke plaued better second half but couldnt pullnoff the cover.

So far ive lost duke and miami

But hit Ohio, Miss St, and Michigan with Boise yet to play.

Also snuck in a rare football parlay payed 15:1 lol so been good day overall but just barely avover .500 in cbball smdh damn dukies. Come on boise.

Took Arky football U31.5 pts. Hedged 10 min ago at Arky O19.5. TD here would hit my middle.

Took Arky football U31.5 pts. Hedged 10 min ago at Arky O19.5. TD here would hit my middle.
That Arky pick fcks my middle. What a horrendous throw by the LSU QB. Will break even. Oh well.

Heading into the day with a nice 7-2 record and a solid +7.4 units. Took yesterday off and figure today is a good day to get back on the horse. After a solid first few days I'm going to keep it going with three more picks today.

Minnesota vs Princeton +2 and ML +110: Princeton is a fundamentally sound team period. They went on the road and took care of Business against South Carolina and I expect them to do it again against a bad Minnesota team.

Prairie View A&M vs. OKST -20: I rarely play spreads this big then I saw Prairie View's schedule so far. This will be their fourth game since Tuesday and they have traveled all around god's creation collecting paychecks. OKST played a dog shit game against Oakland and I fully expect them to bounce back today.

Heading into the day with a nice 7-2 record and a solid +7.4 units. Took yesterday off and figure today is a good day to get back on the horse. After a solid first few days I'm going to keep it going with three more picks today.

Minnesota vs Princeton +2 and ML +110: Princeton is a fundamentally sound team period. They went on the road and took care of Business against South Carolina and I expect them to do it again against a bad Minnesota team.

Prairie View A&M vs. OKST -20: I rarely play spreads this big then I saw Prairie View's schedule so far. This will be their fourth game since Tuesday and they have traveled all around god's creation collecting paychecks. OKST played a dog shit game against Oakland and I fully expect them to bounce back today.
Not sure I like okie st to cover. Prairie view actually looked better than I thought against my wolverines despite us covering. Think okie state wins by 12-16 points though but obviously doesn’t cover. I agree on Princeton though

wow

I'm not as good as this as I thought I'd be lol... Duke was meh. And Memphis has arguably the best d in the country. Lost both ofbthose games. 4-3 overall.

W.Carolina (+8) > East Carolina
Drexel's (+15.5) > Syracuse

Fsu let me down, time to bounce back.

Going Buffalo -2, and navy +13.5(homer pick we looked awful last game and navy done beat uva)

Penn State (-3.5) > UMass
Liberty (+8.5) > LSU
Furman (+6.5) > Belmont
Lamar (+19) > Georgia Tech

I went all in on a Packers -3 and Rams -3 parlay yesterday without realizing the Rams game is tonight so I won't be betting any college hoops tonight. But, if I were to bet any it would be:

Illinois -8 @ Marquette (Illini's last game without Kofi but I still don't think the Fightin' Shaka Smarts have the firepower to match up with them)

Bobby Mo @ -14 Ohio

The Citadel +3.5 @ Presby

Penn State -4 @ UMass

Furman +6.5 @ Belmont

Kansas City @ -11 Mizzou

Providence @ -5.5 Wisconsin

Utah Valley @ -3 Pepperdine

UCSB +8 @ Wazzou

I've actually never had an issue with Maryland. Some of my favorite non-Duke ACC players were Maryland guys. Keith Booth, Sarunas Jasikevicius, Terrence Morris, Juan Dixon, DJ Strawberry, Greivis Vasquez (Post-ACC- Bruno Fernando was cool, too). Off the top of my head, the only two guys I didn't really care for were Obinna Ekezie and Byron Mouton.
Francis was my fav. Maybe Wilcox next.

And don't call me Francis. 🤣

Reactions: dukedevilz
Penn State (-3.5) > UMass
Liberty (+8.5) > LSU
Furman (+6.5) > Belmont
Lamar (+19) > Georgia Tech

2-2 last night, 7-6 overall.

Liberty really stunk it up late last night. They were up 52-47 with 6:40 left in the game. LSU outscored them 27-6 in the final 6+ minutes. They were extremely sloppy with the ball.

Duke favored by 21 over Gardner Webb. Would be an excellent game to take Gardner Webb before the spread changes.

Paolo Banchero likely out for the game, as it looks like he's guilty of aiding and abetting the DWI of K's grandson.

• Wow
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
O152.5 Purdue v Wright St

Didn’t come up with this one myself. Purdue will score a lot of pts while Wright St plays very fast and Purdue is still working itself out on D. Purdue avg 94 pts and Wright St 87 pts.

Princeton Sucks and is going on a permanent ban. After a drunken Sunday I fall to 7-4 on the season up 5.4 units.

UNC-W vs. Pitt U138.5 Gonna stick to what I know and that is bad Pitt basketball. The offense is an abomination, I'll probably drink more beers than they hit 3-pointers tonight. I think this is a 68-60 type game.

JMU vs. EKY u158.5: I'm filing this report as thats just too many points.

Chicago State +33 vs Loyola: See above my reasoning but It's really hard to beat a team by that many when its going to be in the middle-average of possessions.

UVA vs. Houston O118.5: This is not your typical grind it out play defense Virginia team. They kinda suck and if you put their team in another uniform chances are the over would be closer to 127 and thats before you factor in playing Houston.

So many good games tonight actually just looking through the schedule. If I was a little more daring I would look more into Seton Hall. On top of that I think UNC vs Charleston is going to be a really good game.

Virginia @ Houston -5.5
BYU-Oregon -4.5 in Portland
Seton Hall @ Michigan -8
Creighton +3.5 @ Nebraska

I
I like that Creigton bet a lot. Thanks amigo.
I considered taking the money line on that one but I wrapped these 4 into a parlay so I just stuck with the points. Not extremely confident in any of the picks though. Got kicked in the nuts over the weekend in football losing two separate four-team parlays by a point. :mad: Good luck tonight!

ADVERTISEMENT