ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball Gambling Thread - PA_Panther Owns This Thread

I have the following for tonight:
Siena + 20: Bonaventure is good; but I expect this to be a lower possession game than what the Models are saying

Tennessee Tech +29: Memphis has all the talent in the world but Penny is a terrible coach. I expect some madness in the first half.

Upset of the Night
Citadel Buldogs +10.5 Points +400 ML over Pitt Panthers

Pitt just isn't good their best wing tore his ACL, their best shooter decided to fight a cop last weekend and is out indefinitely. Another projected starter is still rehabbing a knee injury. The best three players from last year either play in the NBA or Big Ten now. Citadel plays at a serious pace and if they get hot from behind the arc, they will beat Pitt. While Pitt is at home, more fans will be watching our soccer team in person tomorrow than the amount attending at the Pete.

Kansas -4
Duke -1

Both lines have gone up (4.5 and 3) but I bet them yesterday. Still think both cover the current lines relatively easily.

7pm tips looking good with both Citadel and Siena winning

I have the following for tonight:
Siena + 20: Bonaventure is good; but I expect this to be a lower possession game than what the Models are saying

Tennessee Tech +29: Memphis has all the talent in the world but Penny is a terrible coach. I expect some madness in the first half.

Upset of the Night
Citadel Buldogs +10.5 Points +400 ML over Pitt Panthers

Pitt just isn't good their best wing tore his ACL, their best shooter decided to fight a cop last weekend and is out indefinitely. Another projected starter is still rehabbing a knee injury. The best three players from last year either play in the NBA or Big Ten now. Citadel plays at a serious pace and if they get hot from behind the arc, they will beat Pitt. While Pitt is at home, more fans will be watching our soccer team in person tomorrow than the amount attending at the Pete.
Great great call…post more

Not a bad night to start off 3-1 +4.8 units. I'm going to just keep going all year and keep track of how it goes for a little bit of fun. Spent all day in the cubes trying to find anything interesting and I found two.

Penn State/Youngstown State U 147.5: Youngstown State shoots like Ben Simmons from behind the arc if he actually shot the ball. Last season they ranked 296 from down town and to make it worse they lost their best two players. Penn State is a team that lost some starters to transfer and is comprised mainly from lower level transfers.

William Mary @ Wake -15: The name to watch is Daivien Williamson for Wake. He was really good last year and they actually added some talent at forward who should make his life a lot easier. I'm huge on Steve Forbes and anytime they get a chance to go hammer down he's going to have to.

Not a bad night to start off 3-1 +4.8 units. I'm going to just keep going all year and keep track of how it goes for a little bit of fun. Spent all day in the cubes trying to find anything interesting and I found two.

Penn State/Youngstown State U 147.5: Youngstown State shoots like Ben Simmons from behind the arc if he actually shot the ball. Last season they ranked 296 from down town and to make it worse they lost their best two players. Penn State is a team that lost some starters to transfer and is comprised mainly from lower level transfers.

William Mary @ Wake -15: The name to watch is Daivien Williamson for Wake. He was really good last year and they actually added some talent at forward who should make his life a lot easier. I'm huge on Steve Forbes and anytime they get a chance to go hammer down he's going to have to.
Man another perfect night. Keep the good tines rollin, got anything for tomorrow???

thanks for the parlay hit tonight 💴

• Wow
Reactions: McCloudersportLion
Ugh i pussed out on fsu bc the i dont know ish about penn….. fkkkk shoulda been in my parlay smdh.
I took Penn +20 since I thought Malik Osborne would be limited yeesh so much for that.

Everyone scared to post waiting on @PA_Panther lmao dudes on a heater early, with writeups not just picks. Kudos wish ida dove into that citadel action but i was with ya last night. Everyone else scared to post their picks scared ull pick opposite 🤣

Reactions: GE Nole
I took Penn +20 since I thought Malik Osborne would be limited yeesh so much for that.
Hamiltons built fsu into a machine. They literally look the same every year, all 6”4 to 6”7 guys who come in and replace each other and never miss a beat. Theyved had some crazy talented wings over the uears.

Hamiltons built fsu into a machine. They literally look the same every year, all 6”4 to 6”7 guys who come in and replace each other and never miss a beat. Theyved had some crazy talented wings over the uears.
They're built to dominate inferior teams but they never have the PG play to be a true title contender.

Definitely a fun squad to watch.

All I know is my squad waxed that machines Ass in the tournament last year. I’m not scared of Hamilton at all

Regardless hes elevated fsu into a level theyve never been at at least in my lifetime.

All I know is my squad waxed that machines Ass in the tournament last year. I’m not scared of Hamilton at all
Didnt said i was scared of him or fsu is a perrenial title contender, just responding to dude who bet against them that i wouldnt ever bet against them early bc they seemingly have an unlimited supple of talented wings and 2gs every single year.

Reactions: RichardMassive
Updated heading into the night with a nice 5-1 record and a solid +6.6 units. On my way to Pittsburgh for a big football game that will probably tear out my heart but lets get into the good stuff. I only have one game that I think is worth it tonight and quite frankly I'm kinda more focused on Kenny Pickett and the panthers football team.

Sacred Heart +16 vs. Providence
Sacred Heart is a very experienced team who returns I believe four starters, (hard to gauge because of all the cover issues that they had last year... A big part of why they underperformed.) I truly believe that they will have the best player on the court tonight in Tyler Thomas. Providence's MO is pressure and turnovers, last season they went from 44th in the country to almost 300th. In their first game of the season this year, they forced 17 turnovers which would suggest they are back to their pre-covid ways. The problem was most were dead ball turnovers that were self inflicted by Fairfield.

They're built to dominate inferior teams but they never have the PG play to be a true title contender.

Definitely a fun squad to watch.

You mean except for the year where we were a top 5 team and steamrolling into March as a Final Four favorite only to have the tourney canceled?

Or the year where we knocked out 1 seed Xavier, blew out a highly ranked Gonzaga team in the Sweet 16, and then battled Michigan down to the wire?

Reactions: Villian07

Just wanted to say you’ve been killing it man. Keep it up. I was all over The Citadel too, unfortunately your Pitt squad looks awful this year. Sorry about that. But I didn’t have any of your others and you nailed them. Anyway, just wanted to say keep it up!

Just wanted to say you’ve been killing it man. Keep it up. I was all over The Citadel too, unfortunately your Pitt squad looks awful this year. Sorry about that. But I didn’t have any of your others and you nailed them. Anyway, just wanted to say keep it up!
It’s not good, it’s actually very bad. Capel is great with the media, good as a representative of the university but hasn’t been able to get it done. Losing two starters, 5 days before the season, didn’t help him. He is at a point where he needs to start dropping bags or pack his.

Reactions: GE Nole
Ima go eith UCLA -4.5 over nova.

Novas still down one of their main players iirc and i dont see uclas FF run as just a flash in the pan, i really like some of their players esp the bc of campbell, juzang, and the other latino fella Jacquez maybe. FC aint to shabby either with riley and the big transfer (johnson maybe from RU)

Not too sure i dont like Navy +8.5 vs Vtech going for the virginia sweep early.

Also like kansas -25 against tarleton state (whooo???) but i can see the potential of a bit of a letdown game after beating sparty on tuesday.

other ill be parlaying include BYU -3 over sdsu(toss up but going with hone team) and oregon -7 over SMU. SMU has been solid for a few years but i expect them to take a small step back this year and oregon has some really talented pieces esp if The big center that was hurt last year is good to go (cant ever spell his name, dfante or something weird) along with richardson.

Heading into the day with a nice 5-2 record and a solid +5.6 units. Seems Sacred Heart decided to phone it in at the end and suck. Big Slate today with some afternoon games which in my opinion is the best time for college basketball. I'll throw out some picks around noon and just edit this post.

I would take Duke (-24.5) over Army. Okay, to be fair, I have no idea how good Army is. Just think our talent can steamroll straight through them.

Feel like Oregon (-7) should beat SMU by more than 7 points. SMU has some nice offensive players, but not confident their defense can consistently shut down the Oregon guards.

UCLA (-4) is better than Nova, and they're at home.

I'd also be tempted to say Richmond (-6.5) should win semi-comfortably over Utah State. Richmond has 4 seniors and 1 junior in the starting lineup. Talent + experience... Utah State's Justin Bean is an amazing rebounder, but I think USU is going to really feel the loss of Queta. They lost a close one to UC-Davis in their opener.

I'm not placing actual bets on these games, but am I curious to see how I fare. Maybe if I can predict with 60-65% accuracy, I'll consider it.

Novas still down one of their main players iirc

I like UCLA in this one, but I wouldn't say Villanova is missing one of their main players. Jermaine Samuels missed some time in the preseason, but played in the opener. Bryan Antoine is injured, but he's kind of been injured his whole career.

I would take Duke (-24.5) over Army. Okay, to be fair, I have no idea how good Army is. Just think our talent can steamroll straight through them.

Feel like Oregon (-7) should beat SMU by more than 7 points. SMU has some nice offensive players, but not confident their defense can consistently shut down the Oregon guards.

UCLA (-4) is better than Nova, and they're at home.

I'd also be tempted to say Richmond (-6.5) should win semi-comfortably over Utah State. Richmond has 4 seniors and 1 junior in the starting lineup. Talent + experience... Utah State's Justin Bean is an amazing rebounder, but I think USU is going to really feel the loss of Queta. They lost a close one to UC-Davis in their opener.

I'm not placing actual bets on these games, but am I curious to see how I fare. Maybe if I can predict with 60-65% accuracy, I'll consider it.
Remember though, no Riley tonight vs Nova.

Last edited:
Remember though, no Riley tonight vs Nova though.

Okay, I forgot about that. Myles Johnson could reasonably play 25-30 minutes. That's important because Nwuba is horrible. His 10-15 minutes of play will be felt lol.

Fortunately, the Villanova bigs are meh. I think Myles Johnson + Nwuba might actually be better than Dixon/Patterson/Njoku

I like UCLA in this one, but I wouldn't say Villanova is missing one of their main players. Jermaine Samuels missed some time in the preseason, but played in the opener. Bryan Antoine is injured, but he's kind of been injured his whole career.
I thought samuels was still out thanks for the correction.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Fortunately, the Villanova bigs are meh. I think Myles Johnson + Nwuba might actually be better than Dixon/Patterson/Njoku
Did ucla lose ridley from last season. Wasnt he their big man, not super tall but a wide body fella who was pretty wuick on his feet? I knew they added myles johnson but i thought they returned ridley as well. I guess maybe they are planning on playing ridley at the 4 some this year tho who knows.

edit: oops should have read the other posts before replying.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I hope to god we (louisville) are able to beat furman by double digits (-9).

Granted i never bet on my team, have no clue who furman has, and we didnt exactly look great in our opener against a pretty terrible southern team.

ADVERTISEMENT