ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball Coaches, Past & Present, Who Ran/Run The Hardest Practices Ever?

I’d pay money to sit in on a closed Frank Martin practice when dudes are being lazy and it pisses him off.

Reactions: speedfrk
Pretty sure Pitino almost killed a couple players around 2012

Gene Keady. Purdue did have a guy though back in the 80's...Tony Jones I think. Dude could run all night. Gene liked to run guys, he said it never bothered Tony. He could never punish the guy because he liked to run.

One of his many flaws....Crean was always known as a coach who ran a full speed practice during game walkthroughs. Even before tournament games he was out there running a tired team into the ground during their walkthrough.

Bobby Knight
Depends on what your definition of hard practice. If its a physically demanding practice then i doubt Knight would get many votes. However, if it also includes the emotional toll it took on a player....then yeah...he has to be on everyone's 1st ballot.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Depends on what your definition of hard practice. If its a physically demanding practice then i doubt Knight would get many votes. However, if it also includes the emotional toll it took on a player....then yeah...he has to be on everyone's 1st ballot.
Exact answer I was going to give. Being a college official, I've had tje pleasure of "officiating" some practices. From NAIA to D1. One of the toughest practices I ev er saw was at NAIA Georgetown College. Brutal.

Note: Bruce Pearls practices at USI were insane. Intense. Both mentally and physically. My guess he hasn't changed much.

John Farshi. Wabash CC.
1ST 3 weeks beginning Oct 15, eveyone has to carry a trash can and puke. EVERYONE!

Exact answer I was going to give. Being a college official, I've had tje pleasure of "officiating" some practices. From NAIA to D1. One of the toughest practices I ev er saw was at NAIA Georgetown College. Brutal.

Note: Bruce Pearls practices at USI were insane. Intense. Both mentally and physically. My guess he hasn't changed much.

He hasn't. Our basketball players are the toughest and easily the most physically fit people on campus.

John Chaney used to have daily practices at 5:00 am. There's your winner right there.

He hasn't. Our basketball players are the toughest and easily the most physically fit people on campus.

Your guys are jacked. I’ll give you that.

Reactions: olsonab
ADVERTISEMENT