ADVERTISEMENT

College Baseball

Two different games…

Baseball matters because you have to manage your pitching staff.

People say a lot of things online. I believe actions more than words
Haven’t seen much there
Well i will be damded. I didnt say much of anything about baseball, but hey your right again, baseball and basketball are very diff games, i mean the ball is diff, the diamond is different from a gymnasium. One game can be played outside or inside in a dome, where sans a few aircraft carrier games, the other is played inside in a gym, competition games at least. One is played in the summer, one in the winter. One you get to wear a glove and a cap. I could go on talking to you like ur a third grader, so maybe you will know what it feels like?????

you constantly talk down to people regarding their intelligence, while simultaneously spouting off stupid BS. I still cant tell if your the best troll in the history of the internet or borderline mentally handicapped.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Well i will be damded. I didnt say much of anything about baseball, but hey your right again, baseball and basketball are very diff games, i mean the ball is diff, the diamond is different from a gymnasium. One game can be played outside or inside in a dome, where sans a few aircraft carrier games, the other is played inside in a gym, competition games at least. One is played in the summer, one in the winter. One you get to wear a glove and a cap. I could go on talking to you like ur a third grader, so maybe you will know what it feels like?????

you constantly talk down to people regarding their intelligence, while simultaneously spouting off stupid BS. I still cant tell if your the best troll in the history of the internet or borderline mentally handicapped.

Don’t take things so personal…
First and foremost. Regarding the rest. Stupidity isn’t great for anyone. Especially for this person posting it

Don’t take things so personal…
First and foremost. Regarding the rest. Stupidity isn’t great for anyone. Especially for this person posting it
So go look in the mirror and reread your post. Your the one constantly telling people they dont know ish while constantly proving your not super bright with some of your ridiculous posts. How am i taking it personal? We arent even arguing about anything.

I just like to point out some of the dumber shit you say bc it entertains me. Mainly bc ur so oblivious to it, and your literally the only one here who still is.

Like telling borden he doesnt know shot about basketball,(which ibthink he also refs) then he replies with how he boatraced you in the weekly pick em thread lmao. Seems like someone with such superior sports intelligence would be doubling us simpletons in a pick em thread lol.

Or that coaching doesnt matter or nothing random happens in march madness. Then someone proves you wrong and you either double down or move the goal posts.

Last edited:
So go look in the mirror and reread your post. Your the one constantly telling people they dont know ish while constantly proving your not super bright with some of your ridiculous posts. How am i taking it personal? We arent even arguing about anything.

I just like to point out some of the dumber shit you say bc it entertains me. Mainly bc ur so oblivious to it, and your literally the only one here who still is.

Like telling borden he doesnt know shot about basketball,(which ibthink he also refs) then he replies with how he boatraced you in the weekly pick em thread lmao. Seems like someone with such superior sports intelligence would be doubling us simpletons in a pick em thread lol.

Or that coaching doesnt matter or nothing random happens in march madness. Then someone probes you wrong and you either double down or move the goal posts.

Don’t have time to watch all the games. Already have told people

if I could pick the games it would be different. Guy picks random games. Half of them are in the B1G. Don’t watch the conference usually.

Don’t take things so personal on a message board. We will be alright

I doubt anyone has time to watch ALL the games in the pick em thread.

And not watching one conference is hardly any justification for finishing in the bottom 5 out of all the people participating. Good try though, i guess. You can pick your own games with a bookie, but somehow i doubt professional handicapper is your occupation.

And again what exactly am i taking personal? If anything ive been personally attacking you unprovoked. You havent said anything for me to take personally.

which instantly makes me feel like an ass, so carry on with whatever yall are arguing about.

I do agree with you, that Vandy is the team to beat. But on the flip side its pretty silly to think only vandy and uva have a chance bc theyve won it before “recently”. Everybody with a trophy, in anything, won the first one somehow. And baseball is super random, imo, where momentum can be just as important as talent sometimes, imo.

I doubt anyone has time to watch ALL the games in the pick em thread.

And not watching one conference is hardly any justification for finishing in the bottom 5 out of all the people participating. Good try though, i guess. You can pick your own games with a bookie, but somehow i doubt professional handicapper is your occupation.

And again what exactly am i taking personal? If anything ive been personally attacking you unprovoked. You havent said anything for me to take personally.

which instantly makes me feel like an ass, so carry on with whatever yall are arguing about.

I do agree with you, that Vandy is the team to beat. But on the flip side its pretty silly to think only vandy and uva have a chance bc theyve won it before “recently”. Everybody with a trophy, in anything, won the first one somehow. And baseball is super random, imo, where momentum can be just as important as talent sometimes, imo.
You are making up things now
Doubt I finished in the bottom 5

Stop taking shit personal. Just weird

I would be shocked if McDonnell left Louisville. Why would he? He can win at Louisville, the same as he could at LSU. Cards outide of this year, have been a power. Just a freakish year, this year. IMO, Danis gonna win a title at UL...
But just a regular season power. Im not sure if weve ever even won a game in the cws despite making it i think 3 times in his tenure. He is still a boss though, and he recruits well, and we have a pretty decent track record of putting people in the pros.

idk some of our fans that follow baseball more than myself are worried about it. I think we have ptsd from football coaches bolting on us the second they have a lick of success. Plus id say coaching in the sec in baseball at a school with a passionate fanbase like LSU is similair to coaching in the sec in football.

Has to help we are in the ACC now though, and not a mid major. (Alrhough the beast wasnt a mid major in basketball before realignment, but very much so in everything else)

You are making up things now
Doubt I finished in the bottom 5

Stop taking shit personal. Just weird
You did, or at least were Very late in the season, Bc i went and looked when we were arguing about something during hoops season, and @duckboy33 posyed you were killing it in the pick em thread, and I didn’t realize he was being sarcastic, and was gonna back off, then looked and of the people who played more than a couple weeks you were 5th from the bottom. Guess you cpulda moved up down the stretch, esp since baylor won. But i doubt u passed all of the 20-25 people ahead of you (including borden)

stop hitting the repeat button. You cant name one thing youve said that i Can possibly even take personally. I dont take it personally that you Constantly post stupid things, like i said if anything its entertaining.

edit: my mistake. Your right, im wrong. You finished 7/15 and beat borden. So congrats on a nice run at the end there, bc u were a bit lower bc i remember i called you on it in whatever theead we were arguing about whatever.

And super weird brag on bordens part Bc it appears he finished 11/15 lmao. Unless i was looking at the wrong thing which is also entirely possible.

see how easy that is, we all make mistakes, we are all human. I was wrong, ill admit it and move on. Im not gonna dwell on it or “take it personal”. It is what it is, i made a mistake. My apologies.

Last edited:
You did, or at least were Very late in the season, Bc i went and looked when we were arguing about something during hoops season, and @duckboy33 posyed you were killing it in the pick em thread, and I didn’t realize he was being sarcastic, and was gonna back off, then looked and of the people who played more than a couple weeks you were 5th from the bottom. Guess you cpulda moved up down the stretch, esp since baylor won. But i doubt u passed all of the 20-25 people ahead of you (including borden)

stop hitting the repeat button. You cant name one thing youve said that i Can possibly even take personally. I dont take it personally that you Constantly post stupid things, like i said if anything its entertaining.

I post on here and people get upset.
That is just how things go. This is a message board and not real life
Don’t get into all this stupid game playing.
Waste of my time.

You still bring up the coaching conversation from almost a year ago. Something there that bothers you.

You are playing with feelings to remember something from that long ago and let it eat at you.
To a point where you are making up things now

No it stuck with me bc it was THAT STUPID.

Just like saying nothing random ever happens in march stuck with me bc its THAT STUPID.

It doesnt eat at me, it cracks me up, still, a year later. Bc again its THAT STUPID of a take, and add in the fact that you double and tripled down on it makes it even funnier. Then ur on here tellin others they are a waste of your time bc they dont know enough about the game. I mean u cant make ish like this up lol.

And people get upset bc you constantly talk down to people regarding their knowledge of sports while also saying the dumbest ish possible regarding sports. Or tell people they cant comprehend posts, when this is the second time ive had to explain this to you.

It shouldnt be “for some reason people get upset” it should be very obvious, and it is to literally EVERYONE BUT YOU. Its a mix of your elitist attitude, mixed with your inability to admit to a mistake, mixed with the amount of pure nonsense you post then your uncanny ability to double and triple down when proven wrong.

And again apologies for making up such terrible rumors about you, you finished 8th from the bottom, not 5th. MY MISTAKE.

Im trying to help you not be such a shit poster, but your too arrogant to realize it, and i guess just taking it too personal.

No it stuck with me bc it was THAT STUPID.

Just like saying nothing random ever happens in march stuck with me bc its THAT STUPID.

It doesnt eat at me, it cracks me up, still, a year later. Bc again its THAT STUPID of a take, and add in the fact that you double and tripled down on it makes it even funnier. Then ur on here tellin others they are a waste of your time bc they dont know enough about the game. I mean u cant make ish like this up lol.

And people get upset bc you constantly talk down to people regarding their knowledge of sports while also saying the dumbest ish possible regarding sports. Or tell people they cant comprehend posts, when this is the second time ive had to explain this to you.

It shouldnt be “for some reason people get upset” it should be very obvious, and it is to literally EVERYONE BUT YOU. Its a mix of your elitist attitude, mixed with your inability to admit to a mistake, mixed with the amount of pure nonsense you post then your uncanny ability to double and triple down when proven wrong.

And again apologies, you finished 8th from the bottom, not 5th. MY MISTAKE.

Don’t be so insecure…

Not that important. Just a message board

Regarding the rest. I don’t make you feel that way. I can’t make you feel anyway

This is a teaching moment. Not an asshole

I see where the issue is at but you are blaming me when I cannot control how you react unless you allow me to

Like I told you. Coaches will tell you it is the players
If you look at every team 8 and below who made the Sweet 16 you see that.

Taking away what Oral Roberts did
They had the best player on the floor. Sometimes the best two players

Yea man I knew i was right, i mean thats pretty much the only way to get called for interference in that situation, if you step out of the box.

Just for my curiosity, what if the pitch was hypothetically so far inside the batter has to step out of the box or get hit by the pitch, and the same scenario happens with the catcher. Is it just a judgement call, or is it still called the same way? Hard to blame the batter for getting out of the way but also hard on the catcher if he has no lane to try and throw dude out. Thats what i was trying to explain to dude, if the ball would have been right at him and he had to move i wouldnt have called anything bc i wouldnt have known what to call.
Always realize---interference isn't automatic....If in your judgement, the pitch caused the batter to step out of the box, then leave it alone..I always try and consider---"What is easier for me to explain---or justify?" I can explain NOT calling interference, because the pitched ball is what caused him/her to leave the box, otherwise he/she gets hit. The batters reaction was was less voluntary, and more reactionary.. Not Calling interfernce in the case where the ball was so far in, that the batter had to move, to protect himself, is a much easier, "sell". Opposed to trying to convince a coach I am punishing his kid for protecting himself. Basically its mostly judgement. If you feel the kid didn't need to move as much, or that the pitch didn't cause the extra movement---call it.

Personally for me, i look for "extra movement". Was their moverment beyond what was needed? If there was---then i get it. If not---I leave it alone.

Don’t be so insecure…

Not that important. Just a message board

Regarding the rest. I don’t make you feel that way. I can’t make you feel anyway

This is a teaching moment. Not an asshole

I see where the issue is at but you are blaming me when I cannot control how you react unless you allow me to

Like I told you. Coaches will tell you it is the players
If you look at every team 8 and below who made the Sweet 16 you see that.

Taking away what Oral Roberts did
They had the best player on the floor. Sometimes the best two players
Your right, you cant control how i respond to stupid.

Quadroupling down, bold move cotton.

How many of the most talented players did texas have on the floor vs abilene. All 5 plus a couple on the bench? How many talented 5 stars did 9-16 uk have? More than Baylor???

I get there are infinite factors, but to say coaching doesnt matter is just stupid. Theres a reason only a handful of active coaches have a ring. And its not bc coaching doesnt matter. Again check out Louisville in pitinos last year vs interim david pdgents first year with alot of the same players and get back to me about how coaching doesnt matter lol.

And your confusing taking stuff personal with having a good memory. How did i remember that it was duckboy that said you were killing it in the pick em thread, the last argument we had. Did i take that too personally as well? Also not to sure what being insecure or not has to do with calling you on your blatant bullsht.

id say the insecure one would be the one who refuses to admit when their wrong, even when proven so, constantly talks down to others like they have superior knowledge regarding everything in the sports world, and constantly moves the goal posts or doubles down when called out on your BS.

And of course no coach takes rhe podium after a win and says we won bc im a better coach and we executed our gameplan and it worked.

of course they are gonna credit the players.

ADs seem to be on my side of the argument though, if not why would they shell out millions of dollars a year for some one to do a job that “doesnt matter”. History is on my side as well, or there woukd be a helluva lot more coaches with rings.

I mean i get it, you need the players. You cant win the derby riding a mule. But in game coaching matters as well. Gameplns, adjustments, sub patterns, defensive schemes, and on and on and on.

But your welcome to your opinion, and they are usually super entertaining so carry on and good day sir!

You game plan around the players on the floor…
Coaches can’t establish a game plan without the correct players

Coaches get credit for bringing in the players and then developing their games

but when the ball is going the coach can’t control what happens. Only the players can

You can establish a gameplan with walk ons, they just probly wont be able to execute it very well.

Some games are literally decided by one coaching decision, but hey coaching doesnt matter.

Coaches also get credit for successful in game adjustments or executing well after time outs, or plays when inbounding the ball. Or catch the blame like Cal did for not having Jackson protecting the rim in the uga game where uk lost at the buzzer on an inbounds play under the goal.

Now is when you move the goal posts and say well players dont always listen to the coach, and ill respond with then the cpach should have their ass on the bench if theh dont listen to the coach.

Weve hashed this out before. Ill tell you what, if you can find one single other poster that agrees with you that coaching doesnt matter, then i will never bring it up again.

Why did texas get rid of shaka and hire beard if it doesnt matter who is on the sideline??? Bc he was bringing in better players to tech than shaka was to texas, nope. Bc he is a better coach and wins games at a higher clip.

If coaching truly didnt matter texas woulda found their way out of the first round a time or two during shakas tenure, bc yall always have talented players.

Have odds been established for the upcoming games? How about odds to win it all?

E39JWC8WQAc1Xyu
New Jersey has some good baseball. At Texas we have a grad transfer from St John’s who is from there

interesting list of states
Georgia and Florida high with no teams
We have a few from Florida
Kennedy is originally from Texas though. Third brother to play. Cam Williams is a beast through. From Odessa, FL

This will be somewhat biased due to the teams
Expect California, Texas, Georgia and Florida to be on there even without a team no matter who is playing

E39JWC8WQAc1Xyu
New Jersey has some good baseball. At Texas we have a grad transfer from St John’s who is from there

interesting list of states
Georgia and Florida high with no teams
We have a few from Florida
Kennedy is originally from Texas though. Third brother to play. Cam Williams is a beast through. From Odessa, FL

This will be somewhat biased due to the teams
Expect California, Texas, Georgia and Florida to be on there even without a team no matter who is playing
So what?

You are from Tennessee so you should want to know how of your players are from your home state
Important in the sport because of depth. Not everyone gets a full ride scholarship. Not like football. They key in baseball is getting talent with players who aren’t.

Half tuition is much easier with a state subsidized education
Cannot explain why Georgia sucks at baseball

Does Tennessee offer in state tuition to some places in Georgia?

You are from Tennessee so you should want to know how of your players are from your home state
Important in the sport because of depth. Not everyone gets a full ride scholarship. Not like football. They key in baseball is getting talent with players who aren’t.

Half tuition is much easier with a state subsidized education
Cannot explain why Georgia sucks at baseball

Does Tennessee offer in state tuition to some places in Georgia?
A disproportionately high amount of players are from Tennessee due to having two Tennessee teams in the CWS. Texas population is 4 times that of Tennessee, yet they only have a few more players playing in the CWS. I would imagine state participation is more about size and weather climates than anything else save for schools locations.

A disproportionately high amount of players are from Tennessee due to having two Tennessee teams in the CWS. Texas population is 4 times that of Tennessee, yet they only have a few more players playing in the CWS. I would imagine state participation is more about size and weather climates than anything else save for schools locations.

31 of those players play for the University of Texas
They have by far the highest amount of players from their state
That is why they have been to 37 College World Series. Through the pitching. People love strikeouts.

They have more players from their state than Tennessee has all together

31 of those players play for the University of Texas
They have by far the highest amount of players from their state
That is why they have been to 37 College World Series. Through the pitching. People love strikeouts.

They have more players from their state than Tennessee has all together
The bigger point is that Texas has 4x as many people as Tennessee. So, if you divide your players by 4 you will get a true reading of things.

Actually, no one gets a full-ride. Baseball is allowed 11 1/2 scholarships. Only 27 players are eligible to receive money. So a coach has to figure out how to divide 11+ schollies, between 27 players.

Your point of getting talent with players who aren't, is 100% spot on. I know many D1/D2 HC's...They preach that like no other. Most walk-on's in baseball are really good. Escpecially kids at places like Vandy, Texas, etc, etc...

So wait, why do ppl bitch about how vandy does their scholarships or whatever?

So wait, why do ppl bitch about how vandy does their scholarships or whatever?
That is the great thing about baseball

Have to find someway to get those players on campus.

Public schools have subsidized education so it is much easier.
Schools like Stanford an Vanderbilt don’t have the depth.

Neighboring states of Texas offer in state tuition to Texas residents.
Even Ole Miss does.

Vandy has their ways. They have different scholarship programs so people don’t have to pay 40K or whatever to send their kids there

Reactions: Villian07
That is the great thing about baseball

Have to find someway to get those players on campus.

Public schools have subsidized education so it is much easier.
Schools like Stanford an Vanderbilt don’t have the depth.

Neighboring states of Texas offer in state tuition to Texas residents.
Even Ole Miss does.

Vandy has their ways. They have different scholarship programs so people don’t have to pay 40K or whatever to send their kids there
I was under the impression athletes on academic scholarships still count as an athletic scholarship, regardless if they have the grades to earn it. So teams couldnt load up on players by recruiting some that had the grades for academic scholarships and then use all the athletic acholarships on the ones that cant?

I was under the impression athletes on academic scholarships still count as an athletic scholarship, regardless if they have the grades to earn it. So teams couldnt load up on players by recruiting some that had the grades for academic scholarships and then use all the athletic acholarships on the ones that cant?
Bunch of different types of scholarships that both Stanford and Vanderbilt give out.
Usually it because a student doesn’t have
the ability to pay 40K a year

Rumor is Vanderbilt does it better than anyone

Yea i know ive heard people complain about the way they donsomething regarding scholarships that isnt fair in their opinion. Im not very informed on the subject, obv

Yea i know ive heard people complain about the way they donsomething regarding scholarships that isnt fair in their opinion. Im not very informed on the subject, obv

More aid than scholarships.
A lot of these private schools have large endowments established to help out lower income families.

One of the ways they get around the scholarship rule

I really cannot say anything because we do the same thing at the University of Texas even after it being already subsidized.
Families who make less than 75K don’t have to pay tuition at all.

ADVERTISEMENT