ADVERTISEMENT

College Baseball

Ummm, bro----Texas played South Florida in the Supers...Pretty funny you saying UT had a free pass because they played LSU----all the while your dudes were beating up on a 31-30 South Florida team, that barely went .500 in the AAC...

You know why…
Florida was vastly overrated. Another SEC who wasn’t that good

Vanderbilt is clearly the top of that conference. Only school that can win a NC

February Baseball…
Doesn’t mean anything in June.

Arkansas has been trying to do this for 50 years and still haven’t won a NC.

They are gone

Regarding LSU. You pissed some people off. They are wanting that ass.
Arkansas is "new blood" so to speak.... Only 10 CWS appearance---BUT, 4 of those have came since 2012(2012, 2015, 2018, 2019). Runner-Up in 2018: Should have won it.

Arkansas is gonna break through, eventually. Van Horn has built a monster there.

Arkansas is "new blood" so to speak.... Only 10 CWS appearance---BUT, 4 of those have came since 2012(2012, 2015, 2018, 2019). Runner-Up in 2018: Should have won it.

Arkansas is gonna break through, eventually. Van Horn has built a monster there.
Disagree. Arkansas wants to outslug teams. They play in a smaller ballpark where the ball carries

Truthfully they should build a new ballpark for pitchers.
They will have problems with Vanderbilt. Vandy is the big dog right now.

Even as a Texas fan I can admit that. They are a better version of us at the top. They just don’t have the depth. But we will have to win at least 1 game against Rocker or Leiter in a CWS Final
In Game 3 we have a huge advantage. Maybe our best pitcher is the Sunday starter

You know why…

Vanderbilt is clearly the top of that conference. Only school that can win a NC
Riiiight.....Florida overrated is possible. But that regional was pure shit....Florida, Miami, South Alabama and South Florida..

I do wish you'd quit trolling---at times, you are ok to talk with....Then you just start saying dumb shit. Vandy is really, really good. But to say they are clearly at the top(SEC), is being , well, its stupid. Are they the best? Possible. Very strong case. But there is one issue...

Arkansas beat them, 6-4 in SEC tourney----And they did so by beating up on Rocker: 5 runs, 5 hits, in 3 1/3 innings...So its not like they beat up on a Tuesday starter.

Arkansas simply choked. They were the best team in college baseball. They showed that by winning the SEC tourney, and having the overall best record in the SEC(22-8). Not to mention they beat Texas, Texas Tech and TCU... They just choked it up. SHit happens.

Disagree. Arkansas wants to outslug teams. They play in a smaller ballpark where the ball carries

Truthfully they should build a new ballpark for pitchers.
They will have problems with Vanderbilt. Vandy is the big dog right now.

Even as a Texas fan I can admit that. They are a better version of us at the top. They just don’t have the depth. But we will have to win at least 1 game against Rocker or Leiter in a CWS Final
In Game 3 we have a huge advantage. Maybe our best pitcher is the Sunday starter
Arkansas is certainly built around their offense....But, I mean, at the end of the day, well ya gots to score. Pitching didn't hurt Arkansas----their offense did. NC State's dude had himself a day....3 runs vs Arkansas isn't getting it done, 99% of the time. Yesterday though, it did.

I get ya wanting to bang on Arky, being a Texas dude...But your argument has more holes than swiss cheese, brother.

Reactions: HawgPound
Riiiight.....Florida overrated is possible. But that regional was pure shit....Florida, Miami, South Alabama and South Florida..

I do wish you'd quit trolling---at times, you are ok to talk with....Then you just start saying dumb shit. Vandy is really, really good. But to say they are clearly at the top(SEC), is being , well, its stupid. Are they the best? Possible. Very strong case. But there is one issue...

Arkansas beat them, 6-4 in SEC tourney----And they did so by beating up on Rocker: 5 runs, 5 hits, in 3 1/3 innings...So its not like they beat up on a Tuesday starter.

Arkansas simply choked. They were the best team in college baseball. They showed that by winning the SEC tourney, and having the overall best record in the SEC(22-8). Not to mention they beat Texas, Texas Tech and TCU... They just choked it up. SHit happens.

Like your fascination with Gonzaga. Told you that weren’t going to match up.

Baseball is easy, National Championship Programs and everyone else.
Vandy is right now. So is Virginia.
No one else is. Even Texas. We haven’t won one yet under David Pierce

Arkansas definitely isn’t.

Regular season baseball and NCAA Tournament Baseball are a little different

Arkansas is certainly built around their offense....But, I mean, at the end of the day, well ya gots to score. Pitching didn't hurt Arkansas----their offense did. NC State's dude had himself a day....3 runs vs Arkansas isn't getting it done, 99% of the time. Yesterday though, it did.

I get ya wanting to bang on Arky, being a Texas dude...But your argument has more holes than swiss cheese, brother.

Not hate
Just facts. They haven’t won a NC

According to history…
It is all about pitching

February Baseball…
Doesn’t mean anything in June.

Arkansas has been trying to do this for 50 years and still haven’t won a NC.

They are gone

Regarding LSU. You pissed some people off. They are wanting that ass.
What are you talking about regarding LSU?

What are you talking about regarding LSU?
Some people around LSU who just love their baseball. They are a passionate fanbase. Always crusading about something
The first series left a sour taste in their mouth. Than you knocked them out
They brought Fontenot in at the end to intimidate hitters
College Baseball is a passionate game.

Like I have said on here before. It is a redneck sport

Some people around LSU who just love their baseball. They are a passionate fanbase. Always crusading about something
The first series left a sour taste in their mouth. Than you knocked them out
They brought Fontenot in at the end to intimidate hitters
College Baseball is a passionate game.

Like I have said on here before. It is a redneck sport
Well, they got beat and that is about that.

Well, they got beat and that is about that.

Either Tennessee is making progress or LSU was below their standards

Any of those 4 teams can play in the semifinal
How many elite pitchers do you have?
About putting zeros on the scoreboard. Some teams can get by with going down. Can’t wait in the college game. You want to be the aggressor.

This is what happened to Arkansas. Before Omaha.

Not hate
Just facts. They haven’t won a NC

According to history…
It is all about pitching
A lot of really, really good programs have not won a title. Shit its been what, 17 years since Texas last won a title? Of the 6 CWS that Texas has, 4 came before 1985.

Is Coastal Carolina a better program b/c they won a title?

According to history,its all about pitching? What history are you going by? Look at the scores prior to the current format----USC beat Arizona St, 21-14...LSU, in their back to back years, won games 9-8 and 13-6.,,,When TX won in 2005, score was 12-6....In 2019, Vandy scored 16 runs in 3 games....In 2008 Fresno scored 31 runs---including a 19-10 Game 2 win over Georgia. Pitching is great...And if you have a 1/2 duo as Vandy has, you are in a great spot...

Pitching has certainly became more of an aspect, with the new field, bats, etc, etc...But its not THE answer...

Again, Arkansas pitching didn't do them in----their hitting did.

Bats changed after 1998. Talking about a different era. Plus the stadium changed as well.

I am not going to argue about a sport you know less about than basketball. You definitely didn’t know much about basketball. Nonsense all year.

Like your fascination with Gonzaga. Told you that weren’t going to match up.

Baseball is easy, National Championship Programs and everyone else.
Vandy is right now. So is Virginia.
No one else is. Even Texas. We haven’t won one yet under David Pierce

Arkansas definitely isn’t.

Regular season baseball and NCAA Tournament Baseball are a little different
Congrats on picking Baylor---Now, go clebrated with 150 other million people that did as well...You didn't exactly go out on a limb there bub...

Arkansas doesn't misplay a foul ball, they are champions...Shit happens.

Not sure what your fascination is with National titles somehow defining a program....Its pretty stupid, TBH....Especially in baseball. I mean is Wake Forrest a national championship program? They did win one in 1955....Hell what about Minnesota? They have 3 CWS titles----Do you consider them on the same level as Stanford? Cardinal only have 2 titles....

Your take is ignorant----as usual. You finally get a prediction right, and suddenly you're a fukin expert...

Reactions: Villian07
Congrats on picking Baylor---Now, go clebrated with 150 other million people that did as well...You didn't exactly go out on a limb there bub...

Arkansas doesn't misplay a foul ball, they are champions...Shit happens.

Not sure what your fascination is with National titles somehow defining a program....Its pretty stupid, TBH....Especially in baseball. I mean is Wake Forrest a national championship program? They did win one in 1955....Hell what about Minnesota? They have 3 CWS titles----Do you consider them on the same level as Stanford? Cardinal only have 2 titles....

Your take is ignorant----as usual. You finally get a prediction right, and suddenly you're a fukin expert...
Do you understand why you are a waste of my time. Reread what I posted.
NC programs in the current. Only two. Vandy and Virginia.

Not including Texas, Stanford or Arizona.

Stanford/Zona I have seen them at their best. Stanford has elite talent but doesn’t have the depth. Zona is a team based about how great is their pitching. Always can hit.

Bats changed after 1998. Talking about a different era. Plus the stadium changed as well.

I am not going to argue about a sport you know less about than basketball. You definitely didn’t know much about basketball. Nonsense all year.
Your trolling ids getting better----That'll I say. BTW, I mentioned the stadium change---and the bats.

Congrats on getting the Baylor pick right....Maybe you should become a handicapper?

Weird you know more about hoops than me----Yet I dusted your ass in the weekly picks....You get the Baylor game right, and all of the sudden, you are a basketball guru...

I played college baseball....Played in the D2 NCAA Regionals twice....I worked for multiple baseball academy's, before getting into umpiring...I was an assistant coach for 3 years as well, prior to umpiring...And have now umpired college baseball for almost 17 years....

But hey---you know more. After all, you did pick Baylor... 🤣 🤣

Reactions: Villian07
Do you understand why you are a waste of my time. Reread what I posted.
NC programs in the current. Only two. Vandy and Virginia.

Not including Texas, Stanford or Arizona.

Stanford/Zona I have seen them at their best. Stanford has elite talent but doesn’t have the depth. Zona is a team based about how great is their pitching. Always can hit.
I understand....But its irrelevant. Which was the basis of my response. WTF does it matter that UVA won the CWS 6 years ago? Its irrelevant. Its weird though....YOu count UVA, but not Arizona?? Why? Cats won it in 2012....Does three years make that much of a difference? UVA's title in 2015 is current---But Arizona's in 2012 is not?

You talk in circles dude.....Are you Joe Biden?

I understand....But its irrelevant. Which was the basis of my response. WTF does it matter that UVA won the CWS 6 years ago? Its irrelevant. Its weird though....YOu count UVA, but not Arizona?? Why? Cats won it in 2012....Does three years make that much of a difference? UVA's title in 2015 is current---But Arizona's in 2012 is not?

You talk in circles dude.....Are you Joe Biden?

Once again you are posting to me about something that was explained in my last post
Reread what I wrote. Too busy trying to reconstruct meaning from words and wasting my time

Follow directions. Not here to troll. I’ll help you out.

Either Tennessee is making progress or LSU was below their standards

Any of those 4 teams can play in the semifinal
How many elite pitchers do you have?
About putting zeros on the scoreboard. Some teams can get by with going down. Can’t wait in the college game. You want to be the aggressor.

This is what happened to Arkansas. Before Omaha.
I believe it is about balance. You can lose a 1 hitter if the lone hit was a HR.

I know Tennessee is improved and think LSU is a little down, but they are still a good team.

Once again you are posting to me about something that was explained in my last post
Reread what I wrote. Too busy trying to reconstruct meaning from words and wasting my time

Follow directions. Not here to troll. I’ll help you out.
I think it is you who needs "helped out"---And with your own shit. You said Vandy/UVA are national championship programs----in the current. Ok....So I asked why you did not include Arizona. They are in the CWS.....They won the title in 2012. Hell was runner-up in 2016. Just wondering why you consider 2015, "current", but not 2012?

Pretty simple question there bubba...

I think it is you who needs "helped out"---And with your own shit. You said Vandy/UVA are national championship programs----in the current. Ok....So I asked why you did not include Arizona. They are in the CWS.....They won the title in 2012. Hell was runner-up in 2016. Just wondering why you consider 2015, "current", but not 2012?

Pretty simple question there bubba...
Read the entire thing. Baseball is about coaching
Andy Lopez retired. The current coach had his chance but failed against Costal Carolina
They are a good program. Matters where their pitching is at. Those numbers are inflated from playing in Arizona. Usually their hitters aren’t.

The reason why baseball is coaching more than other sports or at least maybe more about putting guys in the right spots
Pitching
Other American sports there isn’t one player who can impact the game as much as a pitcher in baseball

You know why…
SEC is on the cusp of putting 3 teams in the CWS....If not for a massive choke job, they could have had half the field. Man you hate you some SEC baseball, don't ya...."Another" SEC who wasn't that good. I mean I agree----LSU and FLorida wasn't their normal selves. Yet both won 38 games, made the NCAA's, with LSU reaching the Supers...

SEC is bad ass baseball... 6 times since 2000, the SEC has placed 4 teams in the CWS....Only twice---maybe three times, have they not had at least two...And something like 9 or 10 times, they have had 3 teams...

I don't call teams like LSU/Florida overrated---Just call them, "down". Florida won 17 games in the SEC, dude....LSU "only" won 13----finished 4 games under .500---still made the NCAA's----and go to the Supers..

Like I said----SEC is bad ass baseball.

Reactions: della
SEC is on the cusp of putting 3 teams in the CWS....If not for a massive choke job, they could have had half the field. Man you hate you some SEC baseball, don't ya...."Another" SEC who wasn't that good. I mean I agree----LSU and FLorida wasn't their normal selves. Yet both won 38 games, made the NCAA's, with LSU reaching the Supers...

SEC is bad ass baseball... 6 times since 2000, the SEC has placed 4 teams in the CWS....Only twice---maybe three times, have they not had at least two...And something like 9 or 10 times, they have had 3 teams...

I don't call teams like LSU/Florida overrated---Just call them, "down". Florida won 17 games in the SEC, dude....LSU "only" won 13----finished 4 games under .500---still made the NCAA's----and go to the Supers..

Like I said----SEC is bad ass baseball.

There are elite pitchers all over…Not just the SEC.
Looked like NC State had better arms.

One player in baseball on the mound. Not to the point where they are just in one conference

Texas has been playing those schools for awhile. Some suck. Some are decent and then you have some great teams.
Most of the time Texas has come out on top.

Read the entire thing. Baseball is about coaching
Andy Lopez retired. The current coach had his chance but failed against Costal Carolina
They are a good program. Matters where their pitching is at. Those numbers are inflated from playing in Arizona. Usually their hitters aren’t.

The reason why baseball is coaching more than other sports or at least maybe more about putting guys in the right spots
Pitching
Other American sports there isn’t one player who can impact the game as much as a pitcher in baseball
I don't need to read the entire thing----You said Vandy/UVA were national championship programs, in the current...You didn't say, Vandy/UVA are programs currently being led by coaches who have won titles, in the current----To late to change the context now, bubba...

I don't need to read the entire thing----You said Vandy/UVA were national championship programs, in the current...You didn't say, Vandy/UVA are programs currently being led by coaches who have won titles, in the current----To late to change the context now, bubba...
Already put it out there. You can’t read a post
Maybe why you continue to argue on this message board.
Pretty clear what I posted

I'm kinda glad the Notre Dame got bounced. I could already hear those announcers gushing over how great they are.

E3491YuXIAIJeDa

Reactions: della
Worry about Virginia, Della

Have to respect every program here. Especially one that has showed so much in Virginia
What?! I've been listening too much to you. Vandy has great pitching.

I'm thrilled we are in and I'm glad Virginia beat DBU, cause I'd rather us play a power conference team.

103161.jpg

Thought I'd beat the rush on smack talk to. This pic is for the other 7 teams. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Key phrase here: No longer in the batters box. The batter has the right to the box. To an extent, it protects him----and of course, OR her. Not always the case...But mostly. The batter, by moving out of the box, and into the catchers "throwing lane", it is, or can be, interference. In your case, with their being contact, its 100% interference---and 100% the right call.

Little league coaches are ****ing ass clowns...
Yea man I knew i was right, i mean thats pretty much the only way to get called for interference in that situation, if you step out of the box.

Just for my curiosity, what if the pitch was hypothetically so far inside the batter has to step out of the box or get hit by the pitch, and the same scenario happens with the catcher. Is it just a judgement call, or is it still called the same way? Hard to blame the batter for getting out of the way but also hard on the catcher if he has no lane to try and throw dude out. Thats what i was trying to explain to dude, if the ball would have been right at him and he had to move i wouldnt have called anything bc i wouldnt have known what to call.

Regardless, the fact is, the pitch wasnt gonna hit the kid, but he bailed out of the box and then got barreled over by the catcher. agree on the little league coaches, nlows my mind how crazy grown ass ppl act over kids’ sporting events. And ones that are literally for nothing. This wasnt a tourny or for the championship or anything just a run of the mill random little league game lol. Suprised that square didnt call the cops on me for real.

Fuxin super rich coming from the dude that literally said in regards to basketball, coaching doesnt matter, nothing random ever happens in march madness (like texas losing to effin abilene lmao), experience doesnt matter, athleticism is the only thing that does matter, and the big 12 has superior athletes to every other conference. And thats not even diving into the texas homerism you spouted right until those athletic juggernauts from abilene sent the team shakas been building for 6 years home round 1.

Sadly bc baylor won, you think your right smh. Baylor didnt out athlete their way to the title. They had the best backcourt in the nation, and played pretty nasty defense.

Hell texas had a more athletic roster than baylor with jones and brown being the athletic freaks they are. Now dont spin this into me saying baylor was a bunch of unathletic slugs, bc they obv werent. They were plenty athletic, But they werent some team full of athletic freaks that posed insane matchup problems, that was blatantly more athletic than every other team in the nation either.

And imo suggs was probably the most athletic player on the floor in the title game. Ayayi is no slug either.

and on top of that ur tellin the guy that officiates, ie watches more games than probably any of us how he doesnt know shot about either sport just bc hes making you look like a dumbass, which is not some incredible feat.

Fuxin super rich coming from the dude that literally said in regards to basketball, coaching doesnt matter, nothing random ever happens in march madness (like texas losing to effin abilene lmao), experience doesnt matter, athleticism is the only thing that does matter, and the big 12 has superior athletes to every other conference. And thats not even diving into the texas homerism you spouted right until those athletic juggernauts from abilene sent the team shakas been building for 6 years home round 1.

Sadly bc baylor won, you think your right smh. Baylor didnt out athlete their way to the title. They had the best backcourt in the nation, and played pretty nasty defense.

Hell texas had a more athletic roster than baylor with jones and brown being the athletic freaks they are. Now dont spin this into me saying baylor was a bunch of unathletic slugs, bc they obv werent. They were plenty athletic, But they werent some team full of athletic freaks that posed insane matchup problems, that was blatantly more athletic than every other team in the nation either.

And imo suggs was probably the most athletic player on the floor in the title game. Ayayi is no slug either.

and on top of that ur tellin the guy that officiates, ie watches more games than probably any of us how he doesnt know shot about either sport just bc hes making you look like a dumbass, which is not some incredible feat.
Two different games…

Baseball matters because you have to manage your pitching staff.

People say a lot of things online. I believe actions more than words
Haven’t seen much there

Your trolling ids getting better----That'll I say. BTW, I mentioned the stadium change---and the bats.

Congrats on getting the Baylor pick right....Maybe you should become a handicapper?

Weird you know more about hoops than me----Yet I dusted your ass in the weekly picks....You get the Baylor game right, and all of the sudden, you are a basketball guru...

I played college baseball....Played in the D2 NCAA Regionals twice....I worked for multiple baseball academy's, before getting into umpiring...I was an assistant coach for 3 years as well, prior to umpiring...And have now umpired college baseball for almost 17 years....

But hey---you know more. After all, you did pick Baylor... 🤣 🤣
Cant like this post enough. I responded to the first jab he floated in before getting to the haymakers lmao

Borden was the only person who said anything when I called UCLA as a potential Final 4 team in January.

Don’t really need to bump the thread
Wasn’t just about Gonzaga giving up too many easy baskets. It was a lot of things. Including arguing that Mark Few is a better coach than Jay Wright

ADVERTISEMENT