ADVERTISEMENT

College Baseball

I am more even keel than you give me credit for. Gilbert should have been thrown out and I figured Anderson went to get Gilbert before he got himself a larger suspension.

However, I don't think word exchanges are totally one sided as you are implying. I didn't like Beck flipping out the outfielder, but I don't think it was a random act. I imagine they had been words before.
Anderson had no intentions of "going to get Gilbert"---His actions were 100% directed toward the HP umpire.

Its your opinion on the word exchanges....I on the other hand have heard it first hand. I've also heard it discussed on our weekly webinars, and reports that the SEC had put out. Its not MY OPINION----Its my experience. As in, I've seen it/heard it first hand, and been in on the discussions; especially the run in's with UK and Alabama.

As for Beck flippin off the outfielder? Seems if there had been words, Beck would have recalled such....But when asked about it, he simply replied..

“I was super excited," Beck told reporters after the game. "I had a little bit of a blackout moment. I was just happy I hit a flush barrel. I didn’t know if it was getting over the guy’s head or not.”

Seems to me Della had the GaTech outfielder had done/said something to provoke Beck's reaction, well..........He would have said so.

SPorts are emotional. ANd guys get caught up in it. I did as a player. And as an umpire, you have to understand this----and most do. But to many times this year, UT went overboard. Enough so that it had league officials, umpires for the SEC on notice.

BUt hey, what do I know.......

Anderson had no intentions of "going to get Gilbert"---His actions were 100% directed toward the HP umpire.

Its your opinion on the word exchanges....I on the other hand have heard it first hand. I've also heard it discussed on our weekly webinars, and reports that the SEC had put out. Its not MY OPINION----Its my experience. As in, I've seen it/heard it first hand, and been in on the discussions; especially the run in's with UK and Alabama.

As for Beck flippin off the outfielder? Seems if there had been words, Beck would have recalled such....But when asked about it, he simply replied..

“I was super excited," Beck told reporters after the game. "I had a little bit of a blackout moment. I was just happy I hit a flush barrel. I didn’t know if it was getting over the guy’s head or not.”

Seems to me Della had the GaTech outfielder had done/said something to provoke Beck's reaction, well..........He would have said so.

SPorts are emotional. ANd guys get caught up in it. I did as a player. And as an umpire, you have to understand this----and most do. But to many times this year, UT went overboard. Enough so that it had league officials, umpires for the SEC on notice.

BUt hey, what do I know.......
It may seem to you about the Ga tech thingie, but that doesn't make it so. I'm not in favor of flipping anyone off for any reason, but it stands to reason that someone that would choose to do that would feel they were wronged in some way or why do it?

Were you an Ump at the UK or bama game?

It may seem to you about the Ga tech thingie, but that doesn't make it so. I'm not in favor of flipping anyone off for any reason, but it stands to reason that someone that would choose to do that would feel they were wronged in some way or why do it?

Were you an Ump at the UK or bama game?
If someting was done to Beck, seems to me he would have said so....

I was at UK...

If someting was done to Beck, seems to me he would have said so....

I was at UK...
It seems to me he wouldn't pick out one player to flip off, but the whole team if it was random. So, you called the UK game?

It seems to me he wouldn't pick out one player to flip off, but the whole team if it was random. So, you called the UK game?
I was at UK in 2019., when they had their dust up........Then was an alternate this year due to Game 2 being suspended.

Again, we can split hairs with Beck. Maybe he WAS flipping off the whole team....He didn't seem to look in the direction of CF---just seem to randomly give the bird as he was coming into second. I know this, IF I got caught flipping off someone, or doing what he did and was asked about it----and felt there was reason, or had been provoked---I would have said so. His answer was----"I had a blackout moment.."

I was at UK in 2019., when they had their dust up........Then was an alternate this year due to Game 2 being suspended.

Again, we can split hairs with Beck. Maybe he WAS flipping off the whole team....He didn't seem to look in the direction of CF---just seem to randomly give the bird as he was coming into second. I know this, IF I got caught flipping off someone, or doing what he did and was asked about it----and felt there was reason, or had been provoked---I would have said so. His answer was----"I had a blackout moment.."
You are not him, so what you would do is irrelevant. He seemed to look at the CF to me, but only he could answer that if he chose to. He obviously decided to want to drop the subject.

You are not him, so what you would do is irrelevant. He seemed to look at the CF to me, but only he could answer that if he chose to. He obviously decided to want to drop the subject.
Gotcha......No, I'm not him. But I played college baseball. And I've umpired the game. So I kind of understand these things. You know when there is tension, or something has been said, and its time to "be on alert". Also, you're not him, so what you think is also irrelevant. For me? I'll go with my experience of playing the game, and umpiring the game,to come to the conclusion that the kid did it out of emotion, not being provoked. If he wanted to "drop the subject", a simple, "no comment" would have sufficed...

I get it Della. We all do it. If this were about someone other than TN, your take would be different; especially if its a Vandy, etc, etc....But I mean dear when the entire college baseball world is calling your team out, well....................................

Reactions: Villian07
Gotcha......No, I'm not him. But I played college baseball. And I've umpired the game. So I kind of understand these things. You know when there is tension, or something has been said, and its time to "be on alert". Also, you're not him, so what you think is also irrelevant. For me? I'll go with my experience of playing the game, and umpiring the game,to come to the conclusion that the kid did it out of emotion, not being provoked. If he wanted to "drop the subject", a simple, "no comment" would have sufficed...

I get it Della. We all do it. If this were about someone other than TN, your take would be different; especially if its a Vandy, etc, etc....But I mean dear when the entire college baseball world is calling your team out, well....................................
If it were another team I wouldn’t care. When some attacks the VOLS I generally defend them, especially if the attack is refutable. Nothing in my past posting suggests otherwise contrary to what you’re implying. Example, I have said nothing but nice things about Cal even. Though Uk is a bitter rival.

They said towards the end of the broadcast when it was obvious Ole Miss was gonna win that 5 of the last 6 champions have lost game 1. That is insane. I think Ole Miss gets the sweep though. Won't even go 3.
They got overlloked, and forgot about. Started the year like 15-1, ranked #1, then had some issues. WOn 2 of 3 at Auburn to start the SEC...then swept by UT, won 2 of 3 @ UK, then got swept at Bama....After being SO.Miss, swept by USC, and was written off. BUt got some dudes back, got their mojo back, and..............Well now, they are one win away from being national champs. TOld my brother---If Ole Miss gets in(NCAAT), watch out. Because they were playing very good baseball.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I said the same thing after the second biggest longshot ever won the derby this year. Son of a bitch!! 😂 80-1 would've been niiiice.
Kevin my wife kept telling me----Bet that horse, baby....SImply b/c it had the word, "strike" in it---Ya , know, me being an umpire. Yadda, yadda, yadda....I was like, "shut up about it---that horse will probably still be running tomorrow(day after the Derby)...

ANd, then.......................

Just looked at her and said---"Not.A.FUKIN.WORD."

I said the same thing after the second biggest longshot ever won the derby this year. Son of a bitch!! 😂 80-1 would've been niiiice.
And to add, just seems I always have this type of luck...Went to the store the other day---Won $50 on a scratch off....Told the lady, "give me a #4......then asked, "what # is #1 on? I liked the number, so got it instead....Won $100. Came in the next day and she tells me guy next door from the car lot came in, bought a #4 and won $50K on it.....

**** you bitch....No need to tell me that shit. Hope you choke on your subway, you fat biatch..

And to add, just seems I always have this type of luck...Went to the store the other day---Won $50 on a scratch off....Told the lady, "give me a #4......then asked, "what # is #1 on? I liked the number, so got it instead....Won $100. Came in the next day and she tells me guy next door from the car lot came in, bought a #4 and won $50K on it.....

**** you bitch....No need to tell me that shit. Hope you choke on your subway, you fat biatch..
Daaaaaaamn. Yeah, I would rather not know if that ever happened to me. Thanks for nothing, lady!

@SheriffBufordTJustice

FWNrIoKUYAA7MbD

I'll do the ones that count.
OU 1.5x
Georgia 1
KU 1
UK 1
Ole Miss 1
SCar 1
OU softball is just ridiculous.... Since 2010 they have been to the WCSW 10 fukin times... Won it 5 times...Runner-up twice.

Last two years they are, I mean this is video game shit-----115-7: 56-4 and 59-3....

Patty Gasso is a fukin machine......

Reactions: I am stupid
Yea not a fan of that rule. Like the announcer said, the entirety of the base is in fair territory, why does the runner have to stay in fouk territory. It would have been didferent had he swerved way to the left to interfere with the throw, but that throw was wide anyways, no chance they fot hin out, even had he stayed in foul geound.

Yep...Right call, though.
Right call, stupid rule imo. Interference was the only possible outcome to that play that kept anrun off the board. I get calling the runner out, but no way they should make the runners return to the base they started on imo.

Right call, stupid rule imo. Interference was the only possible outcome to that play that kept anrun off the board. I get calling the runner out, but no way they should make the runners return to the base they started on imo.
^^^^^This

Yea not a fan of that rule. Like the announcer said, the entirety of the base is in fair territory, why does the runner have to stay in fouk territory. It would have been didferent had he swerved way to the left to interfere with the throw, but that throw was wide anyways, no chance they fot hin out, even had he stayed in foul geound.
I explained this...The problem was, the runner was NEVER in the runners lane. The rule gives the umpire discretion IF the runner is in the lane, then swerves to get to the base. As long as your foot is ON the line; does not have to be INSIDE the running lane, you are fine. OU runner was outside of the running lane the last 10-20 feet, if ever in it to begin with. And with interference, it doesn't matter if there is a chance or not(to get runner(s) out.

Ball is immediately dead with interference---No runners shall advance , unless forced.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT