ADVERTISEMENT

College Baseball

IU isn't in Omaha either, but UT got a lot closer than the Hoosiers did.

Why do you constantly move the conversation? First, it was Vitello and company and now it's UT fans? I am a UT fan and I am not arrogant, I don't pitch a fit when we lose and I don't rub it in on a win. Every team has good/bad fans and that is just the name of the game.

Vitello is not a loose canon. I have never heard him blame others or criticize other teams, coaches or players. You know that is true, but it doesn't fit your narrative.

Apparently, your understanding of baseball rules doesn't bestow you knowledge of other aspects surrounding the game. Does your Ref status give you an greater insight as to what goes into a great stadium hot dog? I think not.🙂
I didn't "move" the conversation---I just added----but stayed on point.

WTF does IU have to do with TN being 600-3, and not making the CWS?

Loose cannon just doesn't pertain to blaming others, criticize other teams, etc, etc...I've never heard him do such.....And that's not what I meant----but you know this. BY "loose cannon",I am speakng in terms of his decorum on the field toward umpires----and it spills over to his players and staff. And it seems its gotten out of his hands with some of the antics his guys choose to perform.

As for my "ref" status----I don't "ref" baseball games---I umpire them. As for my knowledge of the other aspects, surrounding the game? I'd say when you have worked in almost every SEC venue, B10, etc, etc....multiple times, you get a good idea of those other aspects, surrounding the game----including a great ballpark hotdog....

I didn't "move" the conversation---I just added----but stayed on point.

WTF does IU have to do with TN being 600-3, and not making the CWS?

Loose cannon just doesn't pertain to blaming others, criticize other teams, etc, etc...I've never heard him do such.....And that's not what I meant----but you know this. BY "loose cannon",I am speakng in terms of his decorum on the field toward umpires----and it spills over to his players and staff. And it seems its gotten out of his hands with some of the antics his guys choose to perform.

As for my "ref" status----I don't "ref" baseball games---I umpire them. As for my knowledge of the other aspects, surrounding the game? I'd say when you have worked in almost every SEC venue, B10, etc, etc....multiple times, you get a good idea of those other aspects, surrounding the game----including a great ballpark hotdog....
The same as what fans have to do with the actually team. You choose to make fun of UT not making it to the CWS, so I chose to make fun of IU being generally pathetic.

Vitello generally has only run out of the lines in defending a player.

What is the best meat blend in making a stadium hot dog Chef Ump?

Flipping off the other team, coaches acting out, throwing mustard bottles, wearing fur coats, copious amounts of mullets, taking on the persona of the evil team...

I can't figure out why people didn't like them.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Flipping off the other team, coaches acting out, throwing mustard bottles, wearing fur coats, copious amounts of mullets, taking on the persona of the evil team...

I can't figure out why people didn't like them.
Well, you are stupid, so there is that.

Well, you are stupid, so there is that.
TN was the most unlikeable team all year. The coach is a clown and it is all about him. Win something before you act like a jackass the entire year.

TN was the most unlikeable team all year. The coach is a clown and it is all about him. Win something before you act like a jackass the entire year.
How is it all about him? What exactly has he done to exhibit that? While you stammer around I'll answer it for you. He has done nothing to warrant that claim.

He/they won a lot...

Oklahoma advances to the final by going 3-0 in bracket 1. Will they be joined by Ole Miss or Arkansas? A win tonight puts the Rebels in, otherwise it's an elimination game tomorrow. Either way, a pretty big underdog is gonna win the CWS. None of the teams remaining were a top 16 seed.

Hard call.
Oklahoma is going to have a big leg up on whoever they play since they went 3-0. They'll be well rested. If this game goes to a tie-breaker tomorrow the winner only gets 1 day off. Finals start on Saturday. And you know both these teams are gonna want their best arms on the mound tomorrow.

Oklahoma is going to have a big leg up on whoever they play since they went 3-0. They'll be well rested. If this game goes to a tie-breaker tomorrow the winner only gets 1 day off. Finals start on Saturday. And you know both these teams are gonna want their best arms on the mound tomorrow.
This is where I'm selfish as a fan. I want this game to go an extra inning or two, and have a game 3 tomorrow, then have that go the distance.

The same as what fans have to do with the actually team. You choose to make fun of UT not making it to the CWS, so I chose to make fun of IU being generally pathetic.

Vitello generally has only run out of the lines in defending a player.

What is the best meat blend in making a stadium hot dog Chef Ump?
IU was in the CWS in 2013.....Have been to the NCAAT 7 times since 2000. Tenn was in the CWS in 2021.....Has been to the NCAAT 6 times since 2000...

The big difference is.........................????

Vitello and his staff are ass clowns. YOu only SEE their actions, i.e. coming out on the field, etc, etc...You dont HEAR what constantly comes from that bunch. I have, and no many that do. And it has trickled down to their players.

No idea on what meat blends are best----I just eat them sister----I don't make them.

IU was in the CWS in 2013.....Have been to the NCAAT 7 times since 2000. Tenn was in the CWS in 2021.....Has been to the NCAAT 6 times since 2000...

The big difference is.........................????

Vitello and his staff are ass clowns. YOu only SEE their actions, i.e. coming out on the field, etc, etc...You dont HEAR what constantly comes from that bunch. I have, and no many that do. And it has trickled down to their players.

No idea on what meat blends are best----I just eat them sister----I don't make them.
The difference is the year as in this one. You were making fun of UT not making the CBWS and I countered by making fun of IU for the same issue. It doesn't make any sense to make fun of a team not making the CBWS especially when the team clearly outperformed the team you support. I would not have mention IU as it would be poor form to do so unprovoked.

If you don't know what makes a great ball park dog then you don't know everything about the game experience. Btw, a Beef dog with natural casing is tops.

I don't follow College baseball until the regionals/CWS. Who was the favorites this year heading into the post season?

The difference is the year as in this one. You were making fun of UT not making the CBWS and I countered by making fun of IU for the same issue. It doesn't make any sense to make fun of a team not making the CBWS especially when the team clearly outperformed the team you support. I would not have mention IU as it would be poor form to do so unprovoked.

If you don't know what makes a great ball park dog then you don't know everything about the game experience. Btw, a Beef dog with natural casing is tops.
I never "made fun of UT"not making the CWS----I said their demeanor, how they acted, is why they are being made fun of, i.e. "couldn't have happened to a better team..." So what if IT clearly outperformed Indiana---Does that mean I can't have an opinion on UT choking away a 3-1 lead after 6, when before hand they were 49-0 when leading after 6?

And WTF does how a hot dog is made, have to do with anything? SHit at some of those SEC venues, I;d rather they NOT tell me how its made...

I don't follow College baseball until the regionals/CWS. Who was the favorites this year heading into the post season?
The SEC.... 😁

In seriouness, Texas was preseason #1....MOF, Notre Dame was actually preseason #7. I believe 5 of the preseason Top 10 made the CWS:

1. Texas
4. Stanford
6. Arkansas
7. Notre Dame
8. Ole Miss

FTR, Tenn was #19.

Texas was a HUGE favorite....Like 149/150 #1 votes in the preseason.

I never "made fun of UT"not making the CWS----I said their demeanor, how they acted, is why they are being made fun of, i.e. "couldn't have happened to a better team..." So what if IT clearly outperformed Indiana---Does that mean I can't have an opinion on UT choking away a 3-1 lead after 6, when before hand they were 49-0 when leading after 6?

And WTF does how a hot dog is made, have to do with anything? SHit at some of those SEC venues, I;d rather they NOT tell me how its made...
Actually, you're right. I misread, " None of those "sore asses" are in Omaha.... 🤣" as UT didn't make Omaha. However, several of those sore asses did make Omaha as UT swept Ole Miss and beat Auburn, so you're wrong there.

You absolutely have the right to have an opinion (attack) on UT, but I likewise have the right to defend them. Since we are in a college baseball thread I'm perfectly in my right to discuss the anemic state of IU baseball.

Hot dogs are a part of the baseball experience. You were earlier trying to claim that your experience as an Ump gave you expert knowledge on all things baseball. I was pointing out that your knowledge of calling balls and strikes doesn't give you any more credence than the rest of us to other aspects to the game.

Ole Miss rolls into the final on the heels of a complete game shutout, 2-0. Rebs and Sooners. Doubt many saw that coming.

Ole Miss rolls into the final on the heels of a complete game shutout, 2-0. Rebs and Sooners. Doubt many saw that coming.

Incredible pitching performance by the Ole Miss dude. Would be pretty cool to see them win it all for the first time the year after Mississippi State won it all for the first time. Just glad the Razorbacks didn't win. OU has been really impressive too though so should be a good final series.

Incredible pitching performance by the Ole Miss dude. Would be pretty cool to see them win it all for the first time the year after Mississippi State won it all for the first time. Just glad the Razorbacks didn't win. OU has been really impressive too though so should be a good final series.
Should be a good series. Ole Miss is probably the better team, but those Oklahoma arms are well-rested.

Actually, you're right. I misread, " None of those "sore asses" are in Omaha.... 🤣" as UT didn't make Omaha. However, several of those sore asses did make Omaha as UT swept Ole Miss and beat Auburn, so you're wrong there.

You absolutely have the right to have an opinion (attack) on UT, but I likewise have the right to defend them. Since we are in a college baseball thread I'm perfectly in my right to discuss the anemic state of IU baseball.

Hot dogs are a part of the baseball experience. You were earlier trying to claim that your experience as an Ump gave you expert knowledge on all things baseball. I was pointing out that your knowledge of calling balls and strikes doesn't give you any more credence than the rest of us to other aspects to the game.
Do you think I've never been to a baseball game outside of umpiring? SHit I live 5 minutes from Slugger Field---home of the Lousiville Bats. About an hour or so from Indy---home of the Indianapolis Indians. Mere 2 hour drive from Cincy.....I go to games all the time at Lousiville, IU and Kentucky...I have plenty of experience/knowledge in reference to the game from the stands....BUt I mean, WTF that has to do with the discussion? I mean I never said I had more credence than the rest of you, to the other aspects(of the game). Again not sure why that is relevant?

You really think Ole Miss gives two ****s they lost to Tenn? THey are about to play for the National Championship; and if not for injuries, was probably the best team in the SEC. I'm pretty sure UT would gladly exchange that sweeo of Ole Miss, to be playing for the title this weekend...

Anemic state of IU baseball? They have been to more NCAAT's that UT over the past 20 years.....Been to the CWS....Won a few conference titles. There really isn't much of a difference, TBH. COngrats on going 54-7, and missing the CWS. THe future for IU is really good....Believe they had 3 freshman All-Americans....have a great class coming in....very young team.

ANyways---enjoy your summer Della.

Do you think I've never been to a baseball game outside of umpiring? SHit I live 5 minutes from Slugger Field---home of the Lousiville Bats. About an hour or so from Indy---home of the Indianapolis Indians. Mere 2 hour drive from Cincy.....I go to games all the time at Lousiville, IU and Kentucky...I have plenty of experience/knowledge in reference to the game from the stands....BUt I mean, WTF that has to do with the discussion? I mean I never said I had more credence than the rest of you, to the other aspects(of the game). Again not sure why that is relevant?

You really think Ole Miss gives two ****s they lost to Tenn? THey are about to play for the National Championship; and if not for injuries, was probably the best team in the SEC. I'm pretty sure UT would gladly exchange that sweeo of Ole Miss, to be playing for the title this weekend...

Anemic state of IU baseball? They have been to more NCAAT's that UT over the past 20 years.....Been to the CWS....Won a few conference titles. There really isn't much of a difference, TBH. COngrats on going 54-7, and missing the CWS. THe future for IU is really good....Believe they had 3 freshman All-Americans....have a great class coming in....very young team.

ANyways---enjoy your summer Della.
I'm sure you have been to a game as a spectator, so have I. However, this conversation really isn't about the rules of baseball.

Judging by Ole Miss and Arky twitter accts, I would say they were a little sore assed about UT. An ex Arky outfielder color commentating stated that a UT player was suspended for the season for PEDS. This was not true, but he stated it as fact.

Don't go all UK on me, not you, I have always looked up to you don't fall down now. F_ _ _ 20 years or any other convenient time frame. You were attacking UT in the here and now and don't be surprised if I come at IU. As a matter of fact, expect it.

I actually like IU just fine. I hope all IU (sport) teams do well. I hope you have a great Summer too.

I'm sure you have been to a game as a spectator, so have I. However, this conversation really isn't about the rules of baseball.

Judging by Ole Miss and Arky twitter accts, I would say they were a little sore assed about UT. An ex Arky outfielder color commentating stated that a UT player was suspended for the season for PEDS. This was not true, but he stated it as fact.

Don't go all UK on me, not you, I have always looked up to you don't fall down now. F_ _ _ 20 years or any other convenient time frame. You were attacking UT in the here and now and don't be surprised if I come at IU. As a matter of fact, expect it.

I actually like IU just fine. I hope all IU (sport) teams do well. I hope you have a great Summer too.
"Attacking UT"? I guess. Great team. Unfortunate they didn't get to Omaha. I've always rooted for UT----remember, I lived there for quite some time, and my sister graduated from HS in Tenn. I just call it like it is----As have a lot of people. No one had an issue with UT, and them winning---its was thier antics. And if you cannot see that, than you are just being blinded by your love for the Vols. Della I have worked a lot of college baseball...A lot. And I cannot recall a team that acted the way they did; maybe some Miami teams.....Or even UL from a few years back. But even those teams weren't at the level of this TN team.

Sometimes you deserve the shit you get.....Its not like I'm some rival fan, thats "butt hurt" or something. The entire college baseball world has chastised UT and their antics. Even some of my fellow umpires who have worked in the SEC for a long, long time, have commented on how UT conducted themselves at times....including their staff----and even more so their assistants.

Love Tenn....beautiful state. Always root for them. Lived in a small town that bled Volunteer orange to the core. BUt shit is what it is....

"Attacking UT"? I guess. Great team. Unfortunate they didn't get to Omaha. I've always rooted for UT----remember, I lived there for quite some time, and my sister graduated from HS in Tenn. I just call it like it is----As have a lot of people. No one had an issue with UT, and them winning---its was thier antics. And if you cannot see that, than you are just being blinded by your love for the Vols. Della I have worked a lot of college baseball...A lot. And I cannot recall a team that acted the way they did; maybe some Miami teams.....Or even UL from a few years back. But even those teams weren't at the level of this TN team.

Sometimes you deserve the shit you get.....Its not like I'm some rival fan, thats "butt hurt" or something. The entire college baseball world has chastised UT and their antics. Even some of my fellow umpires who have worked in the SEC for a long, long time, have commented on how UT conducted themselves at times....including their staff----and even more so their assistants.

Love Tenn....beautiful state. Always root for them. Lived in a small town that bled Volunteer orange to the core. BUt shit is what it is....
You call it like you see it and that is different than calling it like it is. I see the flamboyant style, but I don't think it is a big deal. Ut got beat in the Super Regionals because their pitching uncharacteristically fell off when it needed to close the deal. In that sense we got what we deserved, but not for wearing a fur coat.

It is not an uncommon occurrence for players to mouth off during a game. It isn't odd for coaches to get pissed and storm out of the dugout. Aside from a single chest bump (which isn't unheard of ), it is no big deal. UT is chippy and some might not like that, but it is not really anything ground breaking or earth shattering.

FWIW, I like humility way better than arrogance.

You call it like you see it and that is different than calling it like it is. I see the flamboyant style, but I don't think it is a big deal. Ut got beat in the Super Regionals because their pitching uncharacteristically fell off when it needed to close the deal. In that sense we got what we deserved, but not for wearing a fur coat.

It is not an uncommon occurrence for players to mouth off during a game. It isn't odd for coaches to get pissed and storm out of the dugout. Aside from a single chest bump (which isn't unheard of ), it is no big deal. UT is chippy and some might not like that, but it is not really anything ground breaking or earth shattering.

FWIW, I like humility way better than arrogance.
Here is the difference---You are seeing this from the view of a Vols fan....I am seeing this from the view of an umpire, who has worked hundreds of games, and cannot recall teams having the type of bench decorum/mouthing on the field, than that with THIS Tenn, team. And this isn't just my opinion---its coming from media, opposing teams, coaches, league officials, and umpires.

When you are sitting 50 rows up, you have no idea what is being said from the players, coaches, etc, etc...especially the chirpping coming from the bench. Same with watching it on TV. Perfect example is when the commentator called the ejection of Gilbert terrible.....until well, he learned what Gilbert had said, and the fact Gilbert had already been warned for bitching abot the zone, while in CF.

The fur coat thingy for me, is really no big deal....But for some, it was, and was viewed as bush league, travel ball stuff....To me? Meh....I dont give a shit.

THe biggest problem most had with UT wasn't their celebrations, etc, etc....but their taunting of opposing players, and talking shit to opposing dugouts, etc, etc....Thats just a huge N0-NO. If you wanna shoot off fireworks after a HR in your dugout---fine....Or celebrate a big hit----fine. But when you direct those actions to the oppoisng team? Not fine.

Here is the difference---You are seeing this from the view of a Vols fan....I am seeing this from the view of an umpire, who has worked hundreds of games, and cannot recall teams having the type of bench decorum/mouthing on the field, than that with THIS Tenn, team. And this isn't just my opinion---its coming from media, opposing teams, coaches, league officials, and umpires.

When you are sitting 50 rows up, you have no idea what is being said from the players, coaches, etc, etc...especially the chirpping coming from the bench. Same with watching it on TV. Perfect example is when the commentator called the ejection of Gilbert terrible.....until well, he learned what Gilbert had said, and the fact Gilbert had already been warned for bitching abot the zone, while in CF.

The fur coat thingy for me, is really no big deal....But for some, it was, and was viewed as bush league, travel ball stuff....To me? Meh....I dont give a shit.

THe biggest problem most had with UT wasn't their celebrations, etc, etc....but their taunting of opposing players, and talking shit to opposing dugouts, etc, etc....Thats just a huge N0-NO. If you wanna shoot off fireworks after a HR in your dugout---fine....Or celebrate a big hit----fine. But when you direct those actions to the oppoisng team? Not fine.
I am more even keel than you give me credit for. Gilbert should have been thrown out and I figured Anderson went to get Gilbert before he got himself a larger suspension.

However, I don't think word exchanges are totally one sided as you are implying. I didn't like Beck flipping out the outfielder, but I don't think it was a random act. I imagine they had been words before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT