ADVERTISEMENT

College Baseball

Right!? So many antics from one program. Crazy how everyone was united against a team that's never even won the CWS. Guess that shows just how insufferable this Tennessee team actually was.
ALwyas been like that under Vitello....Look its one ting to have a little , "red in your ass"---But those dudes were extreme. And for that level, complete bush fukin league.

CWS is set, basically the SEC tournament all over again (6 out of 8 if you count Texas and Oklahoma 😂). Who's gonna win? So many sleepers, it's wide open. Stanford and Texas will probably be the favorites. I'm gonna go with A&M or Arkansas though.

Bracket 1
A&M
Texas
Notre Dame
Oklahoma

Bracket 2
Stanford
Auburn
Arkansas
Ole Miss
My pick is Ole Miss.....Ranked #1 early.....Had some injuries, some issues----and that'll kill ya in the SEC. They are back to playing like they were when the vaulted up to #1...

Going with Rebels....

My pick is Ole Miss.....Ranked #1 early.....Had some injuries, some issues----and that'll kill ya in the SEC. They are back to playing like they were when the vaulted up to #1...

Going with Rebels....
I like it. Would be pretty crazy to go from early season #1, to last team in the tourney, to national champs. What a wild ride.

Thanks. I thought it was silly for so many UT fans doing so.

Ppl get so worked up when they're just calling the game.

Wish I never asked here.
If anything I thought the announcers went on and on about UT's great season. All that doesn't matter, just the game matters.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Geeze at least we werent the only ACC team to shat the bed in supers.

sorry lurk, cant count texas and OU till they get there. Still 4/8 is super impressive

I said that. 😂
Haha my bad man. your machismo has dropped off the charts since u changed avatars, i cant even recognize this
shell of a poster.

Seems super open to me. Baseball is the hardest sport to predict by far.

i dont think a&m is a threat after last weekend fwiw, but who knows. Isnt omahas park either significantly bigger or smaller that regular college parks? Sorry my stoner brain has forgotten which it was

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Isnt omahas park either significantly bigger or smaller that regular college parks? Sorry my stoner brain has forgotten which it was
Slightly deeper than most venues, but nothing crazy: 335 down the lines, 375 in the alleys, and 408 in center.

Slightly deeper than most venues, but nothing crazy: 335 down the lines, 375 in the alleys, and 408 in center.
But still, the Hrs usually gondown once they get to omaha correct?

408 pretty damn deep for CF imo, thats deeper than some mlb parks isnt it?

Exact dimensions of Rosenblatt. Bats now are different....balls as well. PLus, the ball really doesn't travel that well at Charles Schwab.

@Kevin Bryan

Told ya brother---Ole Miss is fukin rollin. They were #1 early in the season. Had some injuries. Struggled with that through the SEC----have gotten healthy, and now....

Beating the shit out of folks.

@Kevin Bryan

Told ya brother---Ole Miss is fukin rollin. They were #1 early in the season. Had some injuries. Struggled with that through the SEC----have gotten healthy, and now....

Beating the shit out of folks.
They are killing it, in very good shape to advance after tonight's win. Down to 3 SEC teams battling it out in bracket 2. Auburn-Arkansas elimination game will be interesting.

They are killing it, in very good shape to advance after tonight's win. Down to 3 SEC teams battling it out in bracket 2. Auburn-Arkansas elimination game will be interesting.
If its Ole Miss/Oklahoma-----yikes. And it probably will be; though I do think A&M could beat OU back to back---not sure ND can. Its not out of the question for AK or AU to beat Ole Miss twice---but I don't see that happening. Not the way the Rebs are playing.

ALwyas been like that under Vitello....Look its one ting to have a little , "red in your ass"---But those dudes were extreme. And for that level, complete bush fukin league.
That's your opinion, but what's that worth? The only reason for all the UT disdain is because they kicked a lot of ass. Putting on a coat and hat after a home run in your own dugout is not really that big of a deal.

That's your opinion, but what's that worth? The only reason for all the UT disdain is because they kicked a lot of ass. Putting on a coat and hat after a home run in your own dugout is not really that big of a deal.
Its more than just my opinion-----Its A LOT of people's opinion(s). And the fur coat thing is not even close to the issue(s). Weird how you leave out UT kid giving Tech the finger.....Why? Or Gilberts antics---Which happened A LOT. Or Andersons antics----from an assistant coach-----for that matter, their entire staff. I've worked UT games---and their bench decorum is one of the worst in CBaseball....Ya just never heard much about it, his first few seaosns, b/c well, no one paid attention to them.

Vitello is one hell of a baseball coach. And actually, a very funny dude. But once the game starts, dude is a fukin ass, and his players and staff follow suit.

Its more than just my opinion-----Its A LOT of people's opinion(s). And the fur coat thing is not even close to the issue(s). Weird how you leave out UT kid giving Tech the finger.....Why? Or Gilberts antics---Which happened A LOT. Or Andersons antics----from an assistant coach-----for that matter, their entire staff. I've worked UT games---and their bench decorum is one of the worst in CBaseball....Ya just never heard much about it, his first few seaosns, b/c well, no one paid attention to them.

Vitello is one hell of a baseball coach. And actually, a very funny dude. But once the game starts, dude is a fukin ass, and his players and staff follow suit.
Do you think Vitello is the first coach to chest bump? Anderson's antics? Would describe what Anderson actually did that was so egregious? Have you ever seen a fight at a baseball game? You haven't seen one at UT. So, it's really not such a big deal.

One thing Vitello doesn't do is criticize other programs, players or coaches.

Do you think Vitello is the first coach to chest bump? Anderson's antics? Would describe what Anderson actually did that was so egregious? Have you ever seen a fight at a baseball game? You haven't seen one at UT. So, it's really not such a big deal.

One thing Vitello doesn't do is criticize other programs, players or coaches.
Blah, blah and blah....No Vitello isn't the first coach to chest bump---quit being so fukin obtuse. Its a meek excuse, TBH. Nope, wouldn't decribe what Anderson done as egregious---happens all the time. But it happened A TON with UT's staff, and this was the third time Anderson has been dumped for such action: vs Alabama as well...Cannot recall the other team, but it was OOC. He's a fukin loud mouth clown. I've never worked a program whos assistants were as loud mouth as UT's-----EVER.

Are you seriously saying UT hasn't been involved in a "fight", so to speak?

Really----You sure? Just say, "Borden, I'm probably wrong on this one....." That or I can post the videos of UT vs UK, Bama twice, etc, etc.....Or the Vitello arguing with Arkansas HC...

Again, its not just my opinion , Della. Lot of baseball people have the same thoughts----including umpires.

Blah, blah and blah....No Vitello isn't the first coach to chest bump---quit being so fukin obtuse. Its a meek excuse, TBH. Nope, wouldn't decribe what Anderson done as egregious---happens all the time. But it happened A TON with UT's staff, and this was the third time Anderson has been dumped for such action: vs Alabama as well...Cannot recall the other team, but it was OOC. He's a fukin loud mouth clown. I've never worked a program whos assistants were as loud mouth as UT's-----EVER.

Are you seriously saying UT hasn't been involved in a "fight", so to speak?

Really----You sure? Just say, "Borden, I'm probably wrong on this one....." That or I can post the videos of UT vs UK, Bama twice, etc, etc.....Or the Vitello arguing with Arkansas HC...

Again, its not just my opinion , Della. Lot of baseball people have the same thoughts----including umpires.
I'm not being obtuse. I asked the questions because we both know that the answers are not near as big a deal as you're making it out to be. That is point and case.

There were no fights this year and this year is what we are talking about. This is the year of flamboyant, right? The discussion is about Vitello/Vols, right? So, stay on point, stop exaggerating. Vitello chest bumped an Ump once on a bad call, Anderson came of the dugout twice this season, big deal. That is not a ton...

Does no one, (coaches, players ect) in the midwest ever argue? It is not that unusual in the south in any league. You had to expand to last year to find and "argument" which was really 5 seconds of unpleasant words if that long. Your smear is based on exaggerations.

Yeah, I know it's not just your opinion, but a lot of folks got their asses kicked, so there are a lot of sore asses out there.

Yeah, I know it's not just your opinion, but a lot of folks got their asses kicked, so there are a lot of sore asses out there.
None of those "sore asses" are in Omaha.... 🤣

Anderson has came out more than twice----He's only been ejected twice. YOu also had an assistant ejected at the CWS last year.

Tenn antics is why they are being trolled for not making it to Omaha...

I'm not making a big deal out the chest bump---MOF, not sure I even mentioned it; you did.

Tenn is well above how your average college baseball team acts----especially at this level. I know---I worked the game for many, many, MANY years. Many of those games included games in the SEC....I used to think the worst fans in baseball resided in Starkeville. Not any longer---that distinction now resides with the good folk of Knoxville. And its a roll over from how your HC is a loose cannon, along with is assistants, which trickles down to his players. It is what it is----Tenn the past few years, have simply acted like an American Legion team.

And FTR, I LOVE Tenn----lived there for some time. But a spade is a spade. Vitello is one of the biggest asses on the diamond. And his players have adopted his clown show----Its of no surprise he'sone of the least like coaches in the SEC.

BUt hey, what do I know Della....Only worked in that league for years, and have many, many friends who still do. MOF, my assigner work the plate for the SEC Title game.

None of those "sore asses" are in Omaha.... 🤣

Anderson has came out more than twice----He's only been ejected twice. YOu also had an assistant ejected at the CWS last year.

Tenn antics is why they are being trolled for not making it to Omaha...

I'm not making a big deal out the chest bump---MOF, not sure I even mentioned it; you did.

Tenn is well above how your average college baseball team acts----especially at this level. I know---I worked the game for many, many, MANY years. Many of those games included games in the SEC....I used to think the worst fans in baseball resided in Starkeville. Not any longer---that distinction now resides with the good folk of Knoxville. And its a roll over from how your HC is a loose cannon, along with is assistants, which trickles down to his players. It is what it is----Tenn the past few years, have simply acted like an American Legion team.

And FTR, I LOVE Tenn----lived there for some time. But a spade is a spade. Vitello is one of the biggest asses on the diamond. And his players have adopted his clown show----Its of no surprise he'sone of the least like coaches in the SEC.

BUt hey, what do I know Della....Only worked in that league for years, and have many, many friends who still do. MOF, my assigner work the plate for the SEC Title game.
IU isn't in Omaha either, but UT got a lot closer than the Hoosiers did.

Why do you constantly move the conversation? First, it was Vitello and company and now it's UT fans? I am a UT fan and I am not arrogant, I don't pitch a fit when we lose and I don't rub it in on a win. Every team has good/bad fans and that is just the name of the game.

Vitello is not a loose canon. I have never heard him blame others or criticize other teams, coaches or players. You know that is true, but it doesn't fit your narrative.

Apparently, your understanding of baseball rules doesn't bestow you knowledge of other aspects surrounding the game. Does your Ref status give you an greater insight as to what goes into a great stadium hot dog? I think not.🙂

ADVERTISEMENT