ADVERTISEMENT

College Baseball

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
Do you keep up with your school? Do you ever go to a game?

I do much more now that I no longer work a full-time schedule for baseball. Not only been to a game---but worked a few. Love Kaufman Stadium, but still a bit, "bland". Hated it when we lost Tracy Smith....Mercer I'd say is on a very warm seat right now....IU loves it some baseball, and got spoiled with Lemonis(3 NCAAT in 4 seasons) and Smith( 2 B10 titles, CWS)....SMith is no longer coaching, so hoping IU goes after him...

Edit: Also catch a few UL games over at Patterson Stadium...

Reactions: della
Now I see the story behind this thread....I didn't realize Tenn was 31-1, 12-0 in the SEC. That's insane..Won like, what, 20 straight?

Edit----23 straight wins....Yikes.

Now I see the story behind this thread....I didn't realize Tenn was 31-1, 12-0 in the SEC. That's insane..Won like, what, 20 straight?

Edit----23 straight wins....Yikes.
Yeah, it is the best SEC start for any team in the the history of the SEC. We have a great coach.

However, I didn’t mean this thread as a Vol brag bag thread. So, how are the Hoosiers doing? Will they challenge for the B1G?

edit, I Suppose not if the coach is on the hot seat. I know UL has a strong team.

Yeah, it is the best SEC start for any team in the the history of the SEC. We have a great coach.

However, I didn’t mean this thread as a Vol brag bag thread. So, how are the Hoosiers doing? Will they challenge for the B1G?

edit, I Suppose not if the coach is on the hot seat. I know UL has a strong team.
Just givn' ya some shit, Della....Tenn is very strong---with a terrific coach; firecracker indeed as well.

No-----Indiana won't challenge for the B10. Won the B10 in his first season. 2-seed in Louisville Regional; went 1-2. Lost to 8-7, beat UIC 9-5, then lost to UL in elimination game, 9-7. Crazy that Illinois St started regional 2-0, then got swept by UL. Year two, went 9-6, then lost to COVID...Last year, 26-18 last year----conference games only. Picked to finish 1st---did not do that.

This year? Yikes. 12-18,

Louisville is really good----again.

Just givn' ya some shit, Della....Tenn is very strong---with a terrific coach; firecracker indeed as well.

No-----Indiana won't challenge for the B10. Won the B10 in his first season. 2-seed in Louisville Regional; went 1-2. Lost to 8-7, beat UIC 9-5, then lost to UL in elimination game, 9-7. Crazy that Illinois St started regional 2-0, then got swept by UL. Year two, went 9-6, then lost to COVID...Last year, 26-18 last year----conference games only. Picked to finish 1st---did not do that.

This year? Yikes. 12-18,

Louisville is really good----again.
There is a down side to UT's success. Last year we could go to a game on a whim and it cost like a nickel. Now the games are sold out and it cost a fortune. We haven't been to one game this year.

There is still time for Indiana to heat up and UL is solid right now, so plenty to cheer about.

I attend a series or two a year in auburn. Was there this weekend for the vandy series.

Yes. Pat Casey retired fairly recently so their coach must be newish
We snagged a player (Drew Gilbert, D1 mid season All America) that had committed to their old coach and switched to us when his leaving was announced. He has been a solid player.

Reactions: duckboy33
Was feeling pretty good about this UVA squad until we got our shit pushed in by Miami over the weekend. Still hoping we can end up with a top 8 national seed. If not, hopefully we can at least host a regional. But this UVA program has shown it can make deep runs as a 3 seed in a regional too so I'm not too concerned about this past series.

I do much more now that I no longer work a full-time schedule for baseball. Not only been to a game---but worked a few. Love Kaufman Stadium, but still a bit, "bland". Hated it when we lost Tracy Smith....Mercer I'd say is on a very warm seat right now....IU loves it some baseball, and got spoiled with Lemonis(3 NCAAT in 4 seasons) and Smith( 2 B10 titles, CWS)....SMith is no longer coaching, so hoping IU goes after him...

Edit: Also catch a few UL games over at Patterson Stadium...

Saw your pitching has an ERA over 8 after the Purdue series. Hard to have a good season when the pitching is that bad.

• Wow
Something tells me you wasn’t really a UT baseball fan until you heard about them being good this year Deller!😂 I do follow UK baseball but basketball and football are my two favs!

Meh. UK is hit or miss with baseball. I love all things UK, so naturally I follow a little. Nothing more than occasionally checking rankings or scores.

Was feeling pretty good about this UVA squad until we got our shit pushed in by Miami over the weekend. Still hoping we can end up with a top 8 national seed. If not, hopefully we can at least host a regional. But this UVA program has shown it can make deep runs as a 3 seed in a regional too so I'm not too concerned about this past series.
Yeah, y'all have a dangerous team. Baseball is a unique sport in the fact that you can be on top of the world one minute and knocked off the next. Y'all have talent and it will be hard to keep you down long.

Reactions: jhmossy
Meh. UK is hit or miss with baseball. I love all things UK, so naturally I follow a little. Nothing more than occasionally checking rankings or scores.
UK is either a world beater or a bunch of knuckleheads. You never which will show up. You do know y'all can play with anyone when y'all are on your game.

Something tells me you wasn’t really a UT baseball fan until you heard about them being good this year Deller!😂 I do follow UK baseball but basketball and football are my two favs!
I have an affinity for anything Orange. It surprises me that you would question that.

Saw your pitching has an ERA over 8 after the Purdue series. Hard to have a good season when the pitching is that bad.
Lost some very good arms----especially Bierman(local kid) to the draft. Purdue series was , well aside from first game, not a film to show for either on pitching..

17-0 Purdue
10-3 Indiana
16-15 Purdue----Crazy game. Both get 3 in 1st...PU drops 6 in bot 3rd...IU gets 2 in the 4th...Purdue 3....IU gets 4 in the 5th....5 in the 6th, to take 14-12 lead-----Purdue then gets 4 in bottom of 6th, to lead 16-14...IU gets one in the 9th...

Wild ass game.

Our pen is terrible......ERA well north of 10.

Just not a very good team

Tennessee is hot.

Iowa has to win the tournament now

Last edited:
Lost some very good arms----especially Bierman(local kid) to the draft. Purdue series was , well aside from first game, not a film to show for either on pitching..

17-0 Purdue
10-3 Indiana
16-15 Purdue----Crazy game. Both get 3 in 1st...PU drops 6 in bot 3rd...IU gets 2 in the 4th...Purdue 3....IU gets 4 in the 5th....5 in the 6th, to take 14-12 lead-----Purdue then gets 4 in bottom of 6th, to lead 16-14...IU gets one in the 9th...

Wild ass game.

Our pen is terrible......ERA well north of 10.

Just not a very good team

Do you know why that Toetz guy transferred from IU to Purdue? He’s been solid for us.

What team is the cream of the B1G? I haven't seen any ranked teams out of there? Are y'all cannibalizing's each other?

There was one year (2015?) when Illinois was actually good at baseball (won 27 straight at one point and hosted a Regional), and I remember thinking how fun it would be to get into college baseball. I can’t imagine how fun it is to attend the CWS and cheer on your team.

Unfortunately, it seems like you pretty much have to be below the Mason Dixon for that. :(

There was one year (2015?) when Illinois was actually good at baseball (won 27 straight at one point and hosted a Regional), and I remember thinking how fun it would be to get into college baseball. I can’t imagine how fun it is to attend the CWS and cheer on your team.

Unfortunately, it seems like you pretty much have to be below the Mason Dixon for that. :(
Hmmm, in that case I will extend an Honorary Tennessee Vol fan membership good for college baseball. Now you too can root for a righteous team as they battle against evil in ⚾️. You are in luck, UT battles the filthy hammers this weekend. No one is more evil than them.

Louisville started the season outside the T25 with little expectations, vaulted up into the top ten last week, which is the exact opposite of what we did last year where we were either very overrated or vastly underperforming, or both, starting top ten and falling like a rock.

We dont really have the stud pitching though, we played UK mid week and before the game Mcdonnell said he was throwing a bullpen game that so one would go longer than 2 innings. Which im not using that as an excuse just trying to describe how bad our starting pitching is.

Luckily we got some bats, but still very much doubtful we have the pitching to get to omaha.

Louisville started the season outside the T25 with little expectations, vaulted up into the top ten last week, which is the exact opposite of what we did last year where we were either very overrated or vastly underperforming, or both, starting top ten and falling like a rock.

We dont really have the stud pitching though, we played UK mid week and before the game Mcdonnell said he was throwing a bullpen game that so one would go longer than 2 innings. Which im not using that as an excuse just trying to describe how bad our starting pitching is.

Luckily we got some bats, but still very much doubtful we have the pitching to get to omaha.
Omaha, Smomaha, you beat the Cats and that is all that matters. 😁

Reactions: Villian07
I would say I casually follow FSU baseball. Used to go to quite a few games, but the last decade of the Mike Martin era sort of took away my passion, and I wasn’t thrilled about hiring his son.

We have some very good starting pitchers this year, so that always gives you a shot at Omaha. Bullpen has been a mess and hitters have been consistently inconsistent. Hopefully it all comes together in May and June.

I’ll probably go to a regional game if we host.

I am a pretty rabid fan. Have seen the noles in Omaha every time we’ve been there in the past 20 years or so. Watch many of the games on acc x

I am a pretty rabid fan. Have seen the noles in Omaha every time we’ve been there in the past 20 years or so. Watch many of the games on acc x
You'll be happy to know the Vols put a beat down on the gators in Hogtown yesterday in game 1 of a 3 game series.

Reactions: GE Nole
You'll be happy to know the Vols put a beat down on the gators in Hogtown yesterday in game 1 of a 3 game series.

this pleases me.

our bullpen crapped the bed again wasting a great outing by our ace.

Come the NCAAT, our aces are just gonna have to go 7-8 innings a game. Bullpen is putrid.

No doubt. that’s what’s been frustrating is that we are getting elite starts on Friday and Saturday consistently. Parker and Hubbard have had several beautiful starts wasted.

UK got no-hit by Vandy yesterday in a 10-0 thumping. Came back with a 3-2 win today though. Tennessee is kicking the shit out of everyone right now, kind of crazy especially for a team that was only ranked #16 at the start of the season. SEC isn't as dominant this year as they usually are but still have 6 teams in the top 25. Typically they have 5 or 6 in the top 10-12 it seems like.

UK got no-hit by Vandy yesterday in a 10-0 thumping. Came back with a 3-2 win today though. Tennessee is kicking the shit out of everyone right now, kind of crazy especially for a team that was only ranked #16 at the start of the season. SEC isn't as dominant this year as they usually are but still have 6 teams in the top 25. Typically they have 5 or 6 in the top 10-12 it seems like.
UK is Raider one day and Victim the next. You just never know.

UT's pitching is what is making us elite.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT