ADVERTISEMENT

Cole Anthony

HRTheCard

Sep 15, 2016
Team
Louisville
He’s clearly ready for college. He’s absolutely destroyed everyone he’s played in the gauntlets and games like that. I saw where he is already 18 years old. I’m shocked that he hasn’t considered reclassifying because he’s easily a lotto in next years class.

Same as 2020 Jalen Green. No chance he plays college. He’s way too good to not go straight to the NBA

Last edited:
He is the best player in the class. Would love to have him at Duke.

He is the best player in the class. Would love to have him at Duke.
I can't find it, but I read something the other day that made me think he was your guys to lose.

Also read where Maxey said he was his favorite player to play against because he brought it every possession and they brought out the best of each other.

I can't find it, but I read something the other day that made me think he was your guys to lose.

Also read where Maxey said he was his favorite player to play against because he brought it every possession and they brought out the best of each other.

I'm not sure he's coming to Duke but boy I wish he was. Kid is a baller!

The Anthony's aren't discussing anything regarding his recruitment. Take whatever you hear that isnt directly from the source with a huge grain of salt.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The Anthony's aren't discussing anything regarding his recruitment. Take whatever you hear that isnt directly from the source with a huge grain of salt.
Yeah, I do with all recruiting news. I've learned a long time ago, it's just entertainment until they actually commit.

FWIW. Crystal Ball has Duke at 83%, but again, I know how reliable that is. :)

Everything is a bad rumor. He has kept his recruitment extremely private, doesn’t even have a list, so any school mention is just a rumor based on opinion

Everything is a bad rumor. He has kept his recruitment extremely private, doesn’t even have a list, so any school mention is just a rumor based on opinion
if only someone would have said that last Wednesday...

Reactions: Quavarius
Hopefully he loves playing for Self on the USA U18 team. Cole Anthony would be a huge pickup for KU.

Duke only recently offered scholarships to Josiah James and Nico Mannion (Mannion is likely to reclassify into the 2019 class). I can't help but think the staff has very little confidence in landing Anthony. More than likely he'll be in the 2019 NBA Draft. So if doesn't reclassify, probably safe to assume he won't be playing college basketball.

Reactions: Quavarius
Duke only recently offered scholarships to Josiah James and Nico Mannion (Mannion is likely to reclassify into the 2019 class). I can't help but think the staff has very little confidence in landing Anthony. More than likely he'll be in the 2019 NBA Draft. So if doesn't reclassify, probably safe to assume he won't be playing college basketball.

That’s what I thought. He should be a part of the ‘18 class imo. I don’t think Nico will go out of the state of Arizona, but I think Josiah James is headed to Duke. Have to wonder if Anthony is going to step on the court. I don’t think he needs to, but he may want to.

Reactions: dukedevilz

Could Duke take him if he reclassified?

That’s what I thought. He should be a part of the ‘18 class imo. I don’t think Nico will go out of the state of Arizona, but I think Josiah James is headed to Duke. Have to wonder if Anthony is going to step on the court. I don’t think he needs to, but he may want to.

Agreed. Cole Anthony to the NBA, Josiah James to Duke, and Nico Mannion to Arizona seem like the leaders at this point. I wouldn't mind having the Ginger Ninja for a year or two, though.

Could Duke take him if he reclassified?

The chances of Duke landing Mannion are significantly less if he does reclassify. But he recently released his top 10 list, so unfortunately I think this means he'll move up to the 2019 class and probably stay out West.

Edit: Or are you talking about taking Cole Anthony now? I don't see why not. K has always liked having two ball-handlers (Jay Will-Chris Duhon; Tyus Jones-Quinn Cook). Though, I'm not sure the point guards are crazy about the idea (ie Darius Garland).

De4hWlnXUAEjeK5.jpg

The chances of Duke landing Mannion are significantly less if he does reclassify. But he recently released his top 10 list, so unfortunately I think this means he'll move up to the 2019 class and probably stay out West.

Edit: Or are you talking about taking Cole Anthony now? I don't see why not. K has always liked having two ball-handlers (Jay Will-Chris Duhon; Tyus Jones-Quinn Cook). Though, I'm not sure the point guards are crazy about the idea (ie Darius Garland).

De4hWlnXUAEjeK5.jpg

I meant Anthony. Could be a late addition like Bagley that would make sense. I don’t see why he would step on the court for 19-20 season when he can enter a make millions basically a year from now. It’s reclass or nothing.

I was just wondering if yall had a scholly spot for him.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I meant Anthony. Could be a late addition like Bagley that would make sense. I don’t see why he would step on the court for 19-20 season when he can enter a make millions basically a year from now. It’s reclass or nothing.

I was just wondering if yall had a scholly spot for him.

Yep. There's definitely room. Robinson came to Duke as a preferred walk-on, so you're looking at 1-2 vacancies.

Sr (1): Antonio Vrankovic
Jr (4): Marques Bolden, Javin DeLaurier, Jack White, Justin Robinson
So (2): Alex O'Connell, Jordan Goldwire
Fr (5): RJ Barrett, Cam Reddish, Zion, Tre Jones, Joey Baker

ADVERTISEMENT