ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches on the Hot Seat

From the power conferences, I'd say the seat's got to be pretty warm for Jeff Capel (Pitt) and Mike Hopkins (Washington).

Reactions: duckboy33
Is Stackhouse still at Vandy? He gotta be hoping Pippen saves his job this year.

Is Stackhouse still at Vandy? He gotta be hoping Pippen saves his job this year.
Vandy should join the ivy league. Baseball is the only sport they give a damn about. Even though they're a founding member of the SEC, they should go or pick it up. Anybody that can win at Vandy is a magician or cheats lol

Didn't Eddie Fogler do some good things at Vandy in the 90s?

Given the overall improvement of the league they are just $crewed, no matter what they do with benches for the players and coaches.

Stack should have held out for another program that didn't have so many obstacles.

Reactions: olsonab

Given the overall improvement of the league they are just $crewed, no matter what they do with benches for the players and coaches.

Stack should have held out for another program that didn't have so many obstacles.

Yeah, they won the SEC title in 1993. But, not without the help of a Duke transfer.

Stallings had a decent run from 2007-2012. During that 6 year stretch, they were a 4 seed twice, a 5 seed twice, and a 6 seed.

Stack is a decent recruiter, honestly. Had two of his guys drafted after his first season. Pippen and Robbins is a formidable duo. I think Vandy could surprise some people this season. As of right now, I see them as an NIT team, but I think they're capable of making it to the NCAAs next season.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
SEC kind of a bear this year... in no particular order UK, Arky, Aub, Bama, TN, FLA, LSU?, Miss St and apologies for leaving out any other obvious...

So if you are Vandy you will be sneaking up on teams, that is true.

SEC kind of a bear this year... in no particular order UK, Arky, Aub, Bama, TN, FLA, LSU?, Miss St and apologies for leaving out any other obvious...

Yeah, SEC basketball is looking strong, better than the ACC, I'm almost certain. I don't know if they necessarily have a team that is an especially strong contender for the national title. But, they probably have 6-7 teams that could easily make the Sweet 16. And once you get to that point, it often becomes a crapshoot.

I have Vandy 9th in my current projections for the conference. Although, I'm thinking Texas A&M might be close to surpassing them with the recent addition of Tyrece Radford (committed last week).

Fogler did. The problem Vandy hasn't upgraded their facilities in a long, long time. Not close to SEC standards.

Bama lost a ton. Very interested in seeing how they do. If there is no drop off, Oats would move into the upper echelon of coaches to me.

I think Woody does sit on a hot seat after the last hire failed miserably and a few duds late in the Clappy era the fans gotta be starting to worry about where they are right now. There really is no excuse for IU to not be a regular in T25s

Chris Beard

Heard he has no clue what he is doing and Mark Adams had to hold his hand
Maybe why he was making those big dick moves in the transfer portal. Is afraid the truth will come out

Same thing can be said about Mark Adams
Maybe he is being given way too much credit and he is the same coach who was fired by what is now known as UTRGV at the time was UT Pan America. Could have been riding on Chris Beards coattails.

Both can look like fools
Beard can look like a fool
Adams can look like a fool
Both can look great

Good chance someone will take a L this season.

Chris Beard

Maybe why he was making those big dick moves in the transfer portal. Is afraid the truth will come out

Maybe he is being given way too much credit and he is the same coach who was fired by what is now known as UTRGV at the time was UT Pan America. Could have been riding on Chris Beards coattails.

Both can look like fools
Both can look great

The resident homer policeman once again has to force his team into the topic somehow. 🤣

Reactions: RipThru
The resident homer policeman once again has to force his team into the topic somehow. 🤣
Don’t allow words on a message board to eat at your mind

Chris Beard promised big things. He has caused his seat to be hot.
There are questions about his coaching ability.
Even you claimed it was Mark Adams.
KU has bigger things to worry about. Shouldn’t worry about Beard. Daddy removed you from the adult’s table for now.
Time to sink or swim. I would tell my kids the same if it came to it. Luckily never had to. They had the belief in their mind they could swim before I even had to.

Maybe if you get a football program. Things could change

Don’t allow words on a message board to eat at your mind

Chris Beard promised big things. He has caused his seat to be hot.
There are questions about his coaching ability.
Even you claimed it was Mark Adams.
KU has bigger things to worry about. Shouldn’t worry about Beard. Daddy removed you from the adult’s table for now.
Time to sink or swim. I would tell my kids the same if it came to it. Luckily never had to. They had the belief in their mind they could swim before I even had to.

Maybe if you get a football program. Things could change
Great, great work as always.

You should start a blog. I’ll bet the five fans who regularly attended UT basketball games would read it.

Great, great work as always.

You should start a blog. I’ll bet the five fans who regularly attended UT basketball games would read it.

You actually think people separate sports.
Somewhat slow. I forgive you because you in your mind think Kansas is a big thing.
Reality is really isn’t. Borderline Power Conference program
Either accept reality or you don’t.
No longer have use for this conversation anymore with you

You actually think people separate sports.
Somewhat slow. I forgive you because you in your mind think Kansas is a big thing.
Reality is really isn’t. Borderline Power Conference program
Either accept reality or you don’t.
No longer have use for this conversation anymore with you

Nahhh....people don’t separate sports. Only everyone but you.

If we’re talking conference realignment, then football is separated from the pack. If we’re talking viewership, then football and basketball dwarf everything else.

Say it til you’re blue in the face, but you ain’t kiddin’ anyone, cowboy. We all know how much you care about basketball in particular, given your history with the sport. But if you have to hide behind women’s tennis because you have no basketball accomplishments, hey....do what ya gotta do.

@Villian07 Do you think Mack is on the hot seat? He's got the proactive 6 game suspension, but is there more coming from the Gaudio situation?
Yea at this point i do. I was unaware of his contracts stipulations that we can basically fire him without paying his buyout for any type of ncaa infraction, regardless of severity.

idk if he will get suspended any more, i kinda think UL went pretty hard on him. Buzz only got 2 games suspension from the ncaa for some kind of minor infractions. But hell its the ncaa who knows.

im becoming numb to it at this point. I like mack, not in love with him, but dont know who we could realistically get thats better so idk

Mack is probably on thin ice. The president ain't happy. Mack's 6 game suspension came from the president over the top of the current AD Tyra. Asking basketball mgrs to practice is so minor during pandemic, but given the current state of forever shambles, Mack has to just follow all rules.

That audio recording with Dino is friggin sad. Mack probably ain't a popular dude in many coaching circles these days. Look Dino had problems, being broke on his salary no habla but he's in a bad spot and Mack went Goodfellas on him.

Can't wait to see the next headline.

The program is just a joke for years they need to do a Netflix Mini Series on UofL basketball they could probably roll with about 4 seasons 10 episodes in each.

Starring

Rick Pitino - Joe Pesci
Chris Mack - The kid from the movie Powder
Tom Jurich - Tommy Lee Jones
Katina Powell - Arsenio Hall
Dino Gaudio - Joe Pesci again
Andre McGee - Chris Rock
Denny Crum - Kevin Costner
Cardinal Bird - Mario Lopez
Vince Tyra - Christopher Walken
Cardinal LadyBirds Dance Team - Cardinal LadyBirds Dance Team (yes)
Karen Sypher - Rebecca De Mornay

Last edited:
Mack is probably on thin ice. The president ain't happy. Mack's 6 game suspension came from the president over the top of the current AD Tyra. Asking basketball mgrs to practice is so minor during pandemic, but given the current state of forever shambles, Mack has to just follow all rules.

That audio recording with Dino is friggin sad. Mack probably ain't a popular dude in many coaching circles these days. Look Dino had problems, being broke on his salary no habla but he's in a bad spot and Mack went Goodfellas on him.

The program is just a joke for years they need to do a Netflix Mini Series on UofL basketball they could probably roll with about 4 seasons 10 episodes in each.

Starring

Rick Pitino - Joe Pesci
Andre McGee - Chris Rock
Your casting made me lol

Last edited:
The Dino and Mack stuff is both funny and sad. Dude made a ton of money through out his career but is worried about making it a year and a half to get social security.

Plus, if using GA's in practice and ripping off 30 4 30 videos to give recruits is the worst thing they were doing, I think they are doing fine.

Reactions: Villian07

Starring

Rick Pitino - Joe Pesci
Andre McGee - Chris Rock
Karen Sypher - Rebecca De Mornay
I didn't listen to the Gaudio tape. Is it a worthwhile listen?

Love the list, I thought about replacing Rebecca De Mornay with Maris Tomei as Joe Pesci and her were great in My Cousin Vinny, but I couldn't do that to her lol.
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...2ahUKEwiZ9LbEitnyAhWDFVkFHTnMDdEQ9OUBegQIARAD
Brian Bowen -> Chris Tucker
1210535.jpg

I didn't listen to the Gaudio tape. Is it a worthwhile listen?

Love the list, I thought about replacing Rebecca De Mornay with Maris Tomei as Joe Pesci and her were great in My Cousin Vinny, but I couldn't do that to her lol.
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...2ahUKEwiZ9LbEitnyAhWDFVkFHTnMDdEQ9OUBegQIARAD
Brian Bowen -> Chris Tucker
1210535.jpg
The tape is just weird, which aligns with the last 5 years. They both come out looking terrible. Dino sad, it makes you assume he's got some serious problems that go beyond feeling betrayed. Mack a snitch, a back stab, whatever way you want to look at it. Just sort of manipulative or something? There's also a brief moment where Mack acknowledges he had to make changes to the staff and he's feeling heat. So if he truly is feeling heat or was just lying to Dino, he probably is on the hot seat prior to the audio leak. Now it would seem he for sure is.

I could be wrong.

The tape is just weird, which aligns with the last 5 years. They both come out looking terrible. Dino sad, it makes you assume he's got some serious problems that go beyond feeling betrayed. Mack a snitch, a back stab, whatever way you want to look at it. Just sort of manipulative or something? There's also a brief moment where Mack acknowledges he had to make changes to the staff and he's feeling heat. So if he truly is feeling heat or was just lying to Dino, he probably is on the hot seat prior to the audio leak. Now it would seem he for sure is.

I could be wrong.
I don't think you're wrong or he wouldn't be making the staff changes. Then it got worse for him. Every coach that you get is going to be on a short lease I imagine. At least until somebody gets it right. Everyone thought Mack was a good hire for you guys, and he still may be. Williams staying healthy would go a long way lol.

Don't think Cal didn't feel the heat from this past season and where the program was declining. BBN has little patience lol

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
The Dino and Mack stuff is both funny and sad. Dude made a ton of money through out his career but is worried about making it a year and a half to get social security.

Plus, if using GA's in practice and ripping off 30 4 30 videos to give recruits is the worst thing they were doing, I think they are doing fine.
I'd say it is a cumulative thing. At some point the higher ups have to be sick of the basketball program being in the news for all the wrong reasons.

Chris Beard

Both can look like fools
Both can look great

Lol, at the suggestion Adams ever rode Beard's coattails. You guys will see just how big a piece of shit Beard is as they continue to underperform because he mysteriously lost his magic touch.

• Haha
Reactions: WestTexasRaider
ADVERTISEMENT