ADVERTISEMENT

I was right the first time.

UNC guys I forget the details on the NC St and Gottfried ending. The dude missed the NCAAT his last two years but made it 4 straight prior and advanced to the second weekend a few times.

So if they can fire Gottfried off that resume (if they fired him) I really don't see how they can't fire Keatts off his nothing tenure.

They needed to get Gottfried out before a coed hit him with a paternity suit.

he was BCG but under the radar because no one follows State like they do UK

Gottfried also had NCAA trouble as well at NC State..
If Keatts was dealing with sanctions they could justify giving him another year he has a few good young pieces. I think the tell will be if they come back next year or transfer. If they transfer then he really has nothing going for him. Other than being a super nice guy.

You guys looked real good for stretches. I switched the game so I might have missed some poor play.

no, you didn’t. The only people who would complain about Carolina’s performance today are the same people who want to fire Hubert.

You guys looked real good for stretches. I switched the game so I might have missed some poor play.

No, they looked good overall as a team, especially on offense. Love didn't play well but overall the team did. Penetration still hasn't improved a lot on the defensive end but guarding it on the back end has gotten much better. Like I said, pretty big for the team to play so well with Love struggling on offense (he battled hard on D though).

UNC is also in third right now in the ACC. I don't care that the conference sucks. If they can finish there that would be awesome for a number of reasons.

Ignore the passive aggressive old guy ITT. He needs some attention.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ticket2ride06
Hubert gonna be like Bruce Willis in Die Hard fellas

they will be back in here after Carolina loses by double digits on Ks last night at Cameron.

because Mark Few would have gotten us a win or at least single digits on such a night.

Great win. For all of his struggles you have to give Love some credit. He is definitely not scared when it's clutch time.

Manek and Leaky were really the two keys though. Leaky on D and Manek on offense. Bacot continues to make his case for ACC POTY. He won't get it but he hasn't really faded.

I want to be excited about the wins but we play 6 guys heavy minutes and struggle to beat bad teams.

Thought that story on a few of the UNC players wanting to utilize a shooting coach over their breaks was kind of funny. Hubert wasn't having any of it. "A shooting coach!?!" He wrote down 43 and 42 on the whiteboard. "What does that mean?" his players asked. "I'm the all-time leading 3-point percentage leader at 43% - and Lebo is #2 at 42%. You don't need a shooting coach."

Thought that story on a few of the UNC players wanting to utilize a shooting coach over their breaks was kind of funny. Hubert wasn't having any of it. "A shooting coach!?!" He wrote down 43 and 42 on the whiteboard. "What does that mean?" his players asked. "I'm the all-time leading 3-point percentage leader at 43% - and Lebo is #2 at 42%. You don't need a shooting coach."

That's interesting. When Hubert came to UNC he was supposed to help with shooting and working with them and overall I thought our shooting was pretty bad most of the time. However, now that is really the one thing this team does really well. Shooting is one thing you have to give this team props for. Even the FT shooting is excellent.

OTOH, if kids want to go and work with someone independently you need to let them IMO. Lots of kids have outside trainers they work with.

That's interesting. When Hubert came to UNC he was supposed to help with shooting and working with them and overall I thought our shooting was pretty bad most of the time. However, now that is really the one thing this team does really well. Shooting is one thing you have to give this team props for. Even the FT shooting is excellent.

OTOH, if kids want to go and work with someone independently you need to let them IMO. Lots of kids have outside trainers they work with.

I would agree. They've improved, but if they want to get in more reps with a trainer, why not?

Love, Davis, and Black have all seen their percentages go up quite a bit from last year. So, he must be doing something right. Maybe Leaky isn't considered a great shooter because he's not a volume shooter, but why is he barely getting touches? His shooting splits are actually pretty impressive.

Right? I’m supposed to be fired up about a win over a 15-15 Syracuse team!? Jesus H. How the mighty have fallen.

That’s sort of where I’m at, but I’m more just relieved that it was a W. I think that’s probably enough to get into the NCAA tournament, but hopefully they don’t test fate by dropping the next 2.

This just isn’t a good team. Hopefully the players who come back next year grow, the recruits over-perform their rankings, the transfer(s) that will likely come are good, and the coaching staff makes the right adjustments to build for future success.

Reactions: 829305
I would agree. They've improved, but if they want to get in more reps with a trainer, why not?

Love, Davis, and Black have all seen their percentages go up quite a bit from last year. So, he must be doing something right. Maybe Leaky isn't considered a great shooter because he's not a volume shooter, but why is he barely getting touches? His shooting splits are actually pretty impressive.

He is historically one of the worst offensive players ever in terms of scoring and shooting but this year, especially recently, has been great. I think he can shoot as much as he wants right now tbh. He just is never going to be a super aggressive player. That has been his rep even back in HS.

What's the deal with Kerwin Walton? Is he hurt or just on Hubert's shit list?

He is just so bad this year. I'm not sure if Hubert not playing him wrecked his confidence or if something happened but when he plays it is just bizarrely awful.

Right? I’m supposed to be fired up about a win over a 15-15 Syracuse team!? Jesus H. How the mighty have fallen.

no, you aren’t. You are supposed to bitch and moan and whine some more, especially following a win.

you chose this path- don’t deviate now.

good advice from Hubert. What these guys need is someone to help them stay focused, play defense and move the ball on offense.

You guys are in a tough spot. Hubert isn't nearly bad enough to be fired but will probably never be Smith or Roy. For a UNC fan that wants a coaching change, the worst thing that could have happened is to be 22-8 at this point. How do you let a coach in a power 5 conference go with a 22-8 record at present and could end the season at 26-11. UNC could win 2 in the ACCT and will make the NCAA tournament and win one or two games there depending on the draw. Yall in a real pickle,

Funny thing is that UNC was favored by 8.5 so they needed OT to cover the spread. 😆

You guys are in a tough spot. Hubert isn't nearly bad enough to be fired but will probably never be Smith or Roy. For a UNC fan that wants a coaching change, the worst thing that could have happened is to be 22-8 at this point. How do you let a coach in a power 5 conference go with a 22-8 record at present and could end the season at 26-11. UNC could win 2 in the ACCT and will make the NCAA tournament and win one or two games there depending on the draw. Yall in a real pickle,

yeah it would be a real burden to have a first year coach make the sweet 16

You seem especially angry for someone after a win.
Lol- where do you get that from? You remind me of my teenage daughters- any time I’m telling them that they did something wrong, they start crying that I am yelling and being mean.

Let’s not forget who started the thread to fire Hubert less than half way through his first season. Let’s also not forget who dropped ITT today to bitch, whine and moan yet some more.

the sooner you admit you were wrong, the sooner you can get back to enjoying UNC basketball. Or I may have misjudged and you are an attention whore and just want any kind or response you can get.

Last edited:
yeah it would be a real burden to have a first year coach make the sweet 16
if that happens would you let him go or keep him? UNC will keep him and that will indeed become a burden to you in time because Hubert will never be Smith or Roy. Best thing that could have happened to UNC is 8-22.

Fans of top programs can easily fall victim to entitlement. If you don't luck box into Roy who knows UNC may have already burnt through 4 or 5 coaches since the time he was hired.

Some Louisville fans are the same. If we didn't luck into Pitino we would have had Eustachy and who knows who after that.

Hiring a great coach requires a lot of luck really and sometimes it just comes down to who is available. Look at IU great program, yet their last 3 hires before Woody combined for one more NCAAT win than Mike Davis got them.

Last edited:
if that happens would you let him go or keep him? UNC will keep him and that will indeed become a burden to you in time because Hubert will never be Smith or Roy. Best thing that could have happened to UNC is 8-22.

hes here for a minimum of 3 more years and that’s if he never makes the tournament.

neither you, nor I, nor anyone else have any idea how he will turn out.

No, only people who can’t stand being wrong want this team to be 8-22.

I obviously don't have a dog in this fight, but just for the record I hope he makes it at Carolina. I like the guy and I like all the BlueBloods to be strong and healthy. I hope Duke stays on top as well, its what makes College hoops great.

Reactions: Ticket2ride06
Lol- where do you get that from? You remind me of my teenage daughters- any time I’m telling them that they did something wrong, they start crying that I am yelling and being mean.

Let’s not forget who started the thread to fire Hubert less than half way through his first season. Let’s also not forget who dropped ITT today to bitch, whine and moan yet some more.

the sooner you admit you were wrong, the sooner you can get back to enjoying UNC basketball. Or I may have misjudged and you are an attention whore and just want any kind or response you can get.
lol. Have a good one man. No need for us to communicate further. ✌🏻

Fans of top programs can easily fall victim to entitlement. If you don't luck box into Roy who knows UNC may have already burnt through 4 or 5 coaches since the time he was hired.

Some Louisville fans are the same. If we didn't luck into Pitino we would have had Eustachy and who knows who after that.

Hiring a great coach requires a lot of luck really and sometimes it just comes down to who is available. Look at IU great program, yet their last 3 hires before Woody combined for one more NCAAT win than Mike Davis got them.

This is exactly right. There is no telling how any coach is going to turn out unless you are hiring one of the few elite coaches, and one of the things that makes an elite CBB coach is a degree of longevity at a particular school.

How many of those guys are looking to follow a retiring elite coach who also happened to win 3 NCs in 17 years and oh by the way, is an alum of the school and also coached under the one of the best coaches in CBB history?

We weren't doing any better in this hiring cycle than Davis or Wes Miller. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong, and look no further than 8 miles down the road for proof.

71 thinks he is infallible and will try and talk down to you every chance he gets. He thinks he is educating you and that you should just take it and tell him thank you, even if he is not even close to being accurate about something. He isn't self aware enough to know that it is really weird and uncomfortable for everyone around him. If you kind of stand up to him and put him in his place or prove him wrong he will ghost you or disappear or if he has the power erase your actual posts or words or ban you. Thankfully he doesn't have that power here.

Eventually people here will tire of him soon.

71 thinks he is infallible and will try and talk down to you every chance he gets. He thinks he is educating you and that you should just take it and tell him thank you, even if he is not even close to being accurate about something. He isn't self aware enough to know that it is really weird and uncomfortable for everyone around him. If you kind of stand up to him and put him in his place or prove him wrong he will ghost you or disappear or if he has the power erase your actual posts or words or ban you. Thankfully he doesn't have that power here.

Eventually people here will tire of him soon.

Oh, look- my other stalker is back and he's so shy that he won't even @ me. But given he also doesn't really understand what is going on around him at any given moment, I'm not surprised that message boarding is a challenge.

Keep working hard @coryfly. We are all rooting for you!

Wait, so you think I was trying to avoid referencing you while actually typing your moniker in the post? That’s an interesting take.

Wait, so you think I was trying to avoid referencing you while actually typing your moniker in the post? That’s an interesting take.

No, I think you were trying to avoid sending me an alert. No @ and no quote = no alert. I get it though- I wouldn't want to talk to me either if I were you.

You did reference me already, which is why I responded.

I don’t @ people often. Seems silly. I assume if you are commenting on a thread you will see it. You did. I was right. It isn’t complicated.

No one really wants to talk to you.

Now, I did not @ you nor did I quote your post so I’m just hoping beyond hope that there is a small chance you see this and are able to figure out it is in response to you. Fingers crossed!!

I don’t @ people often. Seems silly. I assume if you are commenting on a thread you will see it. You did. I was right. It isn’t complicated.

This is why you are a little bitch. It's called subtweeting and it's widely recognized as a form of social media primarily used by pussies who don't want to @ someone.

No one really wants to talk to you.

Then why are you talking to me?

ADVERTISEMENT