ADVERTISEMENT

I was right the first time.

And that turned out splendidly! Gut choked hard in San Antonio (this t-shirt brat was there!) and Doherty really brought the boys together. Only thing Matt did was give us another shot to go after Roy to save us. Thankfully, He did. Gut was actually fine. Doherty blew. So one worked and one didn’t. Stat means squat.

And 20 wins is something Missouri Valley teams get excited about. 😂 Expect better 71.

As spoiled and bratty as you are, you must be a trust fund kid or a woman.

As spoiled and bratty as you are, you must be a trust fund kid or a woman.
Actually I was a poor junior in college. Buddy from home picked me up and we drove all the way from Carbondale, IL to San Antonio, like 15 hours I believe. Had a few joints and my buddy had to cash his woeful paycheck for us to complete the trip. Because, you know, I didn't want to get into the trust fund. Lol.

It’s cute watching @UNC71-00 trying to troll. Like a baby bird taking his first flap out of the nest. Keeps falling on his face but he’ll get there eventually.

It’s cute watching @UNC71-00 trying to troll. Like a baby bird taking his first flap out of the nest. Keeps falling on his face but he’ll get there eventually.

im sure if I can commit 1/10th the amount of time to the boards as you do I will be a master next week.

unfortunately for me though I’m not a grifter and have to depend upon myself

It’s embarrassing how dim most of you are about this entire situation, so much so that I feel it needs to be explained to you:

When Roy announced he was retiring, who did you think was realistically going to actively pursue the HC position? Was there a line, even a short line, of top tier, proven coaches who were looking to replace a legend? And not only just a HOF coach, but an alum of UNC who won 3 national championships in 13 years? What top tier coach would follow that? (and if this issue was just Carolina, then why did Duke end up with Scheyer, who is effectively the same as Hubert?)

So, having eliminated Stevens, Few, Wright, etc, now who? Wes Miller? Yeah- he's really setting the world on fire at Cincinnati. And what makes you think he would have been any better here than Hubert? Don't forget, Hubert learned to play CBB from Dean Smith and learned to coach CBB from Roy Williams. It's tough to find a better pedigree for a new coach, and then add to that he's a highly respected alum who would never leave UNC. Why wouldn't you want to give him a legit chance before calling for his head? Let him bring in his own players and learn his own way. And if it doesn't work out, I can promise you he won't end up an embarrassment, and that should count for something as well.

Your choices now are that you can sit over in the corner and pout like a little bitch and whine about everything, or you can pull for Hubert, enjoy the wins, hope they play well in the losses and if not, just turn it off and chalk it up to a learning experience.

I know some of you are just miserable people on all levels and just look for excuses to wallow in misery and bring as many people as possible along for the ride. For those of you who aren't that way, what in the world is your problem here?

Your choices now are that you can sit over in the corner and pout like a little bitch and whine about everything, or you can pull for Hubert, enjoy the wins, hope they play well in the losses and if not, just turn it off and chalk it up to a learning experience.
Peak irony right here.

Reactions: 829305
It’s embarrassing how dim most of you are about this entire situation, so much so that I feel it needs to be explained to you:

When Roy announced he was retiring, who did you think was realistically going to actively pursue the HC position? Was there a line, even a short line, of top tier, proven coaches who were looking to replace a legend? And not only just a HOF coach, but an alum of UNC who won 3 national championships in 13 years? What top tier coach would follow that? (and if this issue was just Carolina, then why did Duke end up with Scheyer, who is effectively the same as Hubert?)

So, having eliminated Stevens, Few, Wright, etc, now who? Wes Miller? Yeah- he's really setting the world on fire at Cincinnati. And what makes you think he would have been any better here than Hubert? Don't forget, Hubert learned to play CBB from Dean Smith and learned to coach CBB from Roy Williams. It's tough to find a better pedigree for a new coach, and then add to that he's a highly respected alum who would never leave UNC. Why wouldn't you want to give him a legit chance before calling for his head? Let him bring in his own players and learn his own way. And if it doesn't work out, I can promise you he won't end up an embarrassment, and that should count for something as well.

I know some of you are just miserable people on all levels and just look for excuses to wallow in misery and bring as many people as possible along for the ride. For those of you who aren't that way, what in the world is your problem here?
How do you know who we did and didn't try to lure to Carolina? Pretty sure it was always going to the family. Therein lies the biggest issue. When you are keeping it in the family you eliminate 99% of the candidates. Why is that hard to understand? We also have a weak class coming in, again, while Duke is collecting 5-stars. Sorry, but things are not looking up. And to this point, Hubert has exactly ZERO impressive wins. I'm sure we all hope it works out, but there isn't much of a reason to feel so, other than homerism.

How do you know who we did and didn't try to lure to Carolina? Pretty sure it was always going to the family. Therein lies the biggest issue. When you are keeping it in the family you eliminate 99% of the candidates. Why is that hard to understand? We also have a weak class coming in, again, while Duke is collecting 5-stars. Sorry, but things are not looking up. And to this point, Hubert has exactly ZERO impressive wins. I'm sure we all hope it works out, but there isn't much of a reason to feel so, other than homerism.

I'm not going to speculate on who we did or did not approach, because I have no idea, nor does anyone else not named Bubba Cunningham.

Why are you making assumptions that lead you to being miserable with the team? I watch sports to be entertained. I am not entertained when I am miserable.

And I'm not sure what you call impressive wins, but I don't recall Roy beating UVA by double digits very often while Bennett has been the coach. And the win over VT was impressive enough. So was Michigan at that time.

But whatever. You seem to want Hubert to fail so your shitty attitude can be proven correct. I have no interest in going through life that way but you do you, kiddo.

I'm not going to speculate on who we did or did not approach, because I have no idea, nor does anyone else not named Bubba Cunningham.

Why are you making assumptions that lead you to being miserable with the team? I watch sports to be entertained. I am not entertained when I am miserable.

And I'm not sure what you call impressive wins, but I don't recall Roy beating UVA by double digits very often while Bennett has been the coach. And the win over VT was impressive enough. So was Michigan at that time.

But whatever. You seem to want Hubert to fail so your shitty attitude can be proven correct. I have no interest in going through life that way but you do you, kiddo.
You make such leaping conclusions based on my opinions of Hubert as a head coach. You asked what people thought who don't go through life miserable. Turns out I'm one of those types. Love life, and success on or off the court isn't going to affect my day-to-day, but on a message board, meant for posting about college basketball... Idk. Seems the right place.

Reactions: Ticket2ride06
You make such leaping conclusions based on my opinions of Hubert as a head coach. You asked what people thought who don't go through life miserable. Turns out I'm one of those types. Love life, and success on or off the court isn't going to affect my day-to-day, but on a message board, meant for posting about college basketball... Idk. Seems the right place.

Ok. You certainly don't come across that way, but I will take you at your word.

Been a Carolina fan for over 40 years. Don’t act like you know me.
For the record, I agree with you on Coach Davis.

my apologies. I thought you left after the whole avatar affair, which led me to believe you were just trolling.

With the transfer portal, one year from now UNC may be #1. In the old days it would take time to rebuild, but today is a microwave society. Kentucky was garbage last year and with the portal they are going to be at least a 4 seed.

I will still be glad to trade you coaches 😉
Very true, last year auburn went 15-16. except for Jabari Smith Jr, pearl used the portal to make this years team.

My guess is everyone here loves life except for the one claiming everyone else is miserable.

Reactions: 829305
Anybody can not win an NCAA game in roughly 5 years. It's not like they are getting better. They are going the wrong way with no results to fall back on.

Anybody can not win an NCAA game in roughly 5 years. It's not like they are getting better. They are going the wrong way with no results to fall back on.

when Keatts was hired, he was one of the biggest names out there to move up to P5.

he only corched 2 seasons before the 2 bogus Covid seasons. It would make no sense to can him now and they would have a very tough time getting anyone better.

when Keatts was hired, he was one of the biggest names out there to move up to P5.

he only corched 2 seasons before the 2 bogus Covid seasons. It would make no sense to can him now and they would have a very tough time getting anyone better.

To be fair , COVID season screwed a lot of teams , mine included. Isn’t NC state in last this season also ? Seems like the are going backwards .

To be fair , COVID season screwed a lot of teams , mine included. Isn’t NC state in last this season also ? Seems like the are going backwards .

ok, I will bite.

who can State hire who will be better than Keatts?

Unless you are Mrs Keatts or just like the wins as their opponent I really don't get it. They are literally getting worse each year and just bottomed out to this, they are 11-18 or something like that.

He's been a disaster. If you can't fire this guy don't fire anybody ever.

They have a couple good young players. If they hit the portal then you know it's time to move on from this guy. If they stick around maybe you give him one more year to see if he can turn it around.

Two quick names - Gates at Cleveland State or Medved at Colorado state.

Do you see NC State making the tourney next season ?

I have no idea what their 2022 rookie class looks like.

his winning % at State is .588. State all time is .579. Trying to recruit against Duke and Carolina is a pretty hard job too.

they would be crazy to fire him this year, which means, because they are State, they will can him tonight and I’m here for it.

I have no idea what their 2022 rookie class looks like.

his winning % at State is .588. State all time is .579.

they would be crazy to fire him this year, which means, because they are State, they will can him tonight and I’m here for it.
Eh, think he gets one more season next year to make the tourney again, if not, do believe he will get canned- have not made it since 2018.

Pope BYU
Medved Co St
Gates Clev St
McMahon Murray St

I'd make McMahon my #1 he's won over 26 games 3 times in 6 or 7 years.

ok sure, but why would any good corch take the job at State? Guaranteed to be fired in 5 years.

unless you think you can get them to be good enough to jump to a better job. Good luck with that

UNC guys I forget the details on the NC St and Gottfried ending. The dude missed the NCAAT his last two years but made it 4 straight prior and advanced to the second weekend a few times.

So if they can fire Gottfried off that resume (if they fired him) I really don't see how they can't fire Keatts off his nothing tenure.

ok sure, but why would any good corch take the job at State? Guaranteed to be fired in 5 years.

unless you think you can get them to be good enough to jump to a better job. Good luck with that
If you can't win an NCAAT game in 5 years without sanctions you deserve to be fired.

They fired Gottfried and he made 4 straight tourneys and reached the second weekend twice, then missed the NCAAT twice and he's gone. So maybe they are getting what they deserve here.

I don't recall the details of that split.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Keatts is awful but with Dillingham committed they may hold on to him, though he may not even play anyway.

Losing Bates for them was huge though. That was a bad break.

Don't care if it is State or anyone else, any road win is a good win. It was especially a good win considering how poorly Love played on offense. Usually when he struggles on that end the Heels lose.

Keatts is awful but with Dillingham committed they may hold on to him, though he may not even play anyway.

Losing Bates for them was huge though. That was a bad break.

Don't care if it is State or anyone else, any road win is a good win. It was especially a good win considering how poorly Love played on offense. Usually when he struggles on that end the Heels lose.
You guys looked real good for stretches. I switched the game so I might have missed some poor play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT