ADVERTISEMENT

I was right the first time.

Speaking of UNC fans, what happened to the guy with the fake wife? Haven't seen him on here in ages

Speaking of UNC fans, what happened to the guy with the fake wife? Haven't seen him on here in ages

he wasn’t a Carolina fan, he just liked to troll UK and Duke.

was apparently very effective.

Started ****ing his sister. I hear he's a Kentucky fan now.
BreakableDecentHumpbackwhale-size_restricted.gif

he wasn’t a Carolina fan, he just liked to troll UK and Duke.

was apparently very effective.

Nah I just remember a bunch of the posters from years ago that don't post anymore. The more memorable moments like the fake wife thing definitely stick out though

im not hard to please. I like winning however it comes. I also like supporting an all time great UNC alum and an even better man, especially one who is barely through half of his first season as HC.

I will never understand self professed fans of UNC who think it is acceptable to dump on Hubert at this point in his tenure, but then again, I also am not a whore who seeks the approval of opposing fanbases on message boards.
He hasn’t been good so far. And most of us were not happy about his hiring to begin with. Not sure why you think we should have a blind allegiance to Davis. I’d argue a true fan would hope his team would strive to do better.

He hasn’t been good so far. And most of us were not happy about his hiring to begin with. Not sure why you think we should have a blind allegiance to Davis. I’d argue a true fan would hope his team would strive to do better.

there is a huge difference between blind allegiance and supporting one of the all time UNC great guys in his first year.

I am perfectly willing to let a guy like that learn on the job and come into his own. He’s earned this opportunity and any Carolina fan who wants to repeatedly trash him because of a few blowouts is a douche of epic proportions as well as a spoiled brat.

I kind of agree. He wasn't much of a UNC fan but more of a UK hater hiding behind UNC.

I would be willing to bet he didn’t like Carolina, just like I don’t think @Afamu really gives 2 shits about Duke.

it’s a great way to troll 2 fan bases.

I didn't like the hire but he was named so I was like let's see what he can do. He's won 20 games in his first year, he's lost 2 key players in Garcia and Harris but we also had some ugly losses. Getting blowned out by UK, duke, Tennessee, Pitt at home in my mind is inexcusable. Also the last 2 games I haven't watched and they won, that could be the ticket right there.

I didn't like the hire but he was named so I was like let's see what he can do. He's won 20 games in his first year, he's lost 2 key players in Garcia and Harris but we also had some ugly losses. Getting blowned out by UK, duke, Tennessee, Pitt at home in my mind is inexcusable. Also the last 2 games I haven't watched and they won, that could be the ticket right there.

oh, you mean when Carolina hired a coach who wasn’t your first choice that you didn’t start trashing the guy immediately and continuously even after he won 20+ games and having Carolina in line for a double bye in the ACCT?

You obviously don’t understand basketball.

Curious UNC fans - what did you expect Davis’s record to be at this point?

I didn’t have any expectations given a new coach who is following a legend and no real PG and only one senior.

Would have been the same if Carolina had hired Wes Miller or Mark Few or any other name you could come up with.

Hard to say. He’s got a much better roster than our fan base wants to admit. But he’s been dealt with some injuries. But the ACC is so bad. Historically bad. And it’s not the losses as much as it’s how we lost and how he’s looked as a coach. And our wins haven’t been inspiring. They’ve been a slugfest with our starters playing way too much. I personally just don’t feel optimistic about the future.

oh, you mean when Carolina hired a coach who wasn’t your first choice that you didn’t start trashing the guy immediately and continuously even after he won 20+ games and having Carolina in line for a double bye in the ACCT?

You obviously don’t understand basketball.

What the hell are you talking about dude? I gave Hubert props, he's won 20 games and I hope he has success going forward. Just because I didn't like the hire doesn't mean I'm hating on him. Not one time have I criticized him once the season started, you really need to relax and check yourself.

Last edited:
What the hell are you talking about dude? I gave Hubert props, he's won 20 games and I hope he has success going forward. Just because I didn't like the hire doesn't mean I'm hating on him. Not one time have I criticized him once the season started, you really need to relax and check yourself.

My post was a sarcastic one and not towards you.

Hard to say. He’s got a much better roster than our fan base wants to admit. But he’s been dealt with some injuries. But the ACC is so bad. Historically bad. And it’s not the losses as much as it’s how we lost and how he’s looked as a coach. And our wins haven’t been inspiring. They’ve been a slugfest with our starters playing way too much. I personally just don’t feel optimistic about the future.
To be fair, they were a 8 seed last season and basically returned the same team outside of Brooks and Kessler- losing Garica for the rest of the season hurts obviously. If UNC wins every other game besides Duke and win a game in ACC tourney, they could get a 8-9 seed again..

To be fair, they were a 8 seed last season and basically returned the same team outside of Brooks and Kessler- losing Garica for the rest of the season hurts obviously. If UNC wins every other game besides Duke and win a game in ACC tourney, they could get a 8-9 seed again..

We lost Sharpe but we all knew he was going to declare. Kessler transferring hurt us big time but had one of them stayed we would of had more wins at this point.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
We lost Sharpe but we all knew he was going to declare. Kessler transferring hurt us big time but had one of them stayed we would of had more wins at this point.
So I have to ask this about Kessler transferring?

1. The way Roy played him previously season, do UNC fans put the major blame on him transferring, or not trusting Davis playing him this season, or Kessler himself?

and Dayron Sharpe (NBA) and Anthony Harris.

and a HOF coach with the all time highest winning percentage.

and still won 20 games and counting. The only thing people are bitching about are a few bad losses.

Most UNC fans appear to have become weak and spoiled.

1. The way Roy played him previously season, do UNC fans put the major blame on him transferring, or not trusting Davis playing him this season, or Kessler himself?

From what I heard Kessler wanted to be more of a outside threat and he struggled at the beginning of the season. Word was out that he was going to stay but his dad intervened but I believe he just wanted to be closer to home.

We added Manek and the guards are now sophomores. Bacot a Jr. Kessler was a loss, but Manek offsets that. And again, it’s how we’ve lost. Crazy beatdowns.

Reactions: 829305
The conference is about one step above the Missouri Valley this year. Any competent Carolina team wouldn’t be needing to win to get in. Let’s face it, the program is in a bad place. If they don’t hit on some recruits sooner than later we’ll be Indiana in no time, as I don’t see a Roy out there to save us this time around. And forgive me if I’m not sold Hubert can coach ‘em up. Doom and gloom? Sure. But it’s not like we’re about to be a contender anytime soon. Dark days ahead I fear, for a team like the Heels that is.

We added Manek and the guards are now sophomores. Bacot a Jr. Kessler was a loss, but Manek offsets that. And again, it’s how we’ve lost. Crazy beatdowns.
Don't forget Sharpe as well being lost.

Manek is good, don't get me wrong, but would take Kessler over him all day.

Would agree- getting blown out by Duke & UK is one thing, getting blown out by Miami & Wake is another. Of course chalk that up to Davis's first season as a head coach.

Yes, ACC is way down like the Pac-12 this season. However, if Duke loses to UVA, UNC is 1 game behind for the ACC title - as an outside observer, would think you would hear more complaint from Duke fans compared to UNC fans about the way their season went..

The conference is about one step above the Missouri Valley this year. Any competent Carolina team wouldn’t be needing to win to get in. Let’s face it, the program is in a bad place. If they don’t hit on some recruits sooner than later we’ll be Indiana in no time, as I don’t see a Roy out there to save us this time around. And forgive me if I’m not sold Hubert can coach ‘em up. Doom and gloom? Sure. But it’s not like we’re about to be a contender anytime soon. Dark days ahead I fear, for a team like the Heels that is.
Hard to believe Indiana has not been in the tourney since 2016- UNC has what two top 50 recruits coming in next season? Of course the biggest factors- who leaves/transfer out from UNC and who does Davis get from the portal..

I don’t think Kessler really wanted to transfer. He has helicopter parents and he’s afraid to stand up to daddy. Auburn seems to be a good fit for him.

Don't forget Sharpe as well being lost.

Manek is good, don't get me wrong, but would take Kessler over him all day.

Would agree- getting blown out by Duke & UK is one thing, getting blown out by Miami & Wake is another. Of course chalk that up to Davis's first season as a head coach.

Yes, ACC is way down like the Pac-12 this season. However, if Duke loses to UVA, UNC is 1 game behind for the ACC title - as an outside observer, would think you would hear more complaint from Duke fans compared to UNC fans about the way their season went..
Manek and Kessler are a wash. Kessler would be expected to carry a bigger load at unc and I don’t think he’s there yet. He’s in a perfect spot as a 3rd or 4th offensive option and rim protector.

Manek and Kessler are a wash. Kessler would be expected to carry a bigger load at unc and I don’t think he’s there yet. He’s in a perfect spot as a 3rd or 4th offensive option and rim protector.
Could make a case Kessler is the second offensive scoring option behind Smith of course-

im not hard to please. I like winning however it comes. I also like supporting an all time great UNC alum and an even better man, especially one who is barely through half of his first season as HC.

I will never understand self professed fans of UNC who think it is acceptable to dump on Hubert at this point in his tenure, but then again, I also am not a whore who seeks the approval of opposing fanbases on message boards.

But you are literally seeking approval from opposing fanbases and have been since you have been back here posting because of your inability to hack it elsewhere. If there is anyone seeking approval it is undoubtedly you. You even try to tag in people from other fanbases, which is something I have never done in all of my time here. I can handle my takes and opinions without sucking up to others though.

Too bad you don't have the ability to try and cancel people's opinions like you did other places to try and make yourself look a little better.

With the talent they had coming back and adding Manek I thought they would be a pretty good team. If they didn't struggle so much defensively and situationally they would be pretty solid I think.

Kessler made the move that was best for him and it was the right move. He would be backing up Bacot at UNC and not getting a lot of time. I think it was probably best for both parties.

Last edited:
But you are litertally seeking approval from opposing fanbases and have been since you have been back here posting because of your inability to hack it elsewhere. If there is anyone seeking approval it is undoubtedly you. You even try to tag in people from other fanbases, which is something I have never done in all of my time here. I can handle my takes and opinions without sucking up to others though.

Too bad you don't have the ability to try and cancel people's opinions like you did other places to try and make yourself look a little better.

With the talent they had coming back and adding Manek I thought they would be a pretty good team. If they didn't struggle so much defensively and situationally they would be pretty solid I think.

Kessler made the move that was best for him and it was the right move. He would be backing up Bacot at UNC and not getting a lot of time. I think it was probably best for both parties.

you are such a strange little guy

Sorry @Noahtogo24 I didn't really answer about the record. I think most UNC fans would be ok with the record. It is the way they have looked that has people concerned. They get beaten badly by every good team they play and squeak by some really bad teams and then losing to Pittsburgh is just baffling. Most of their success is based on random guys making isolation plays and not really team basketball.

However, while Hubert helped recruit these players it is possible he didn't like them that much (outside of Manek, Garcia, and McKoy who he brought in). So him being only 1 out of 3 so far recruiting wise in terms of how players fit is concerning but also with transfers it's tough to tell how guys fit in. I think ultimately a lot just depends on GG and if he can convince other elite players to come play for him. Next year is going to be a big time struggle without some big time impact transfers so it is two years from now with his own guys that will be the real key.

Some people would be happy regardless and some people be pissed off regardless. I don't really understand either of those mindsets.

I think Guthridge and Doherty did as well. Crazy that UNC has three of the four.

I think Guthridge and Doherty did as well. Crazy that UNC has three of the four.
And that turned out splendidly! Gut choked hard in San Antonio (this t-shirt brat was there!) and Doherty really brought the boys together. Only thing Matt did was give us another shot to go after Roy to save us. Thankfully, He did. Gut was actually fine. Doherty blew. So one worked and one didn’t. Stat means squat.

And 20 wins is something Missouri Valley teams get excited about. 😂 Expect better 71.

ADVERTISEMENT