ADVERTISEMENT

I was right the first time.

He doesn't know anything about coaching, which is kind of the point. There are two examples late of why you don't hire a guy with no experience.

1. UNC doesn't want to run clock. Pitt does. UNC scores and sets up to press and looks at the ball sitting there between their legs like it is a cucumber and they are ****** cat scared of it. Pick it up and give it to the ref so he can start he count. The clock is running Hubert. But they haven't gone over things like this because those are things you learn when you coach for a few years.

2. Half court trap and UNC has two guys trapping two guys out front while the other three just stay on their man. So those three Pitt players don't move and Capel, who is an awful but at least an experienced coach, looks on incredulously like 'WTF are this UNC dudes doing'. So they just pass the ball back and forth and UNC is confused on why whatever the hell they are doing isn't working.

Those are just the two easiest that come to mind. You learn that crap coaching. Then you come to UNC.
He should've learned those things in 10 years as Roy's assistant (or as a player). That's rookie stuff.

He should've learned those things in 10 years as Roy's assistant (or as a player). That's rookie stuff.

Probably but he tends to freak out in games IMO. He forgets to sub and tends to not realize what is going on situationally. I

This may sound crappy but I also think he cares too much about the person. Great coaches care of course but they care more about winning. I think Hubert cares more about being nice to guys and caring about them as people than winning. Can't have that.

Probably but he tends to freak out in games IMO. He forgets to sub and tends to not realize what is going on situationally. I

This may sound crappy but I also think he cares too much about the person. Great coaches care of course but they care more about winning. I think Hubert cares more about being nice to guys and caring about them as people than winning. Can't have that.
I know how that is. Cal sometimes has a habit of being loyal to certain players and giving them the minutes over potentially better options even to the detriment of the team.

He doesn't know anything about coaching, which is kind of the point. There are two examples late of why you don't hire a guy with no experience.

1. UNC doesn't want to run clock. Pitt does. UNC scores and sets up to press and looks at the ball sitting there between their legs like it is a cucumber and they are ****** cat scared of it. Pick it up and give it to the ref so he can start he count. The clock is running Hubert. But they haven't gone over things like this because those are things you learn when you coach for a few years.

2. Half court trap and UNC has two guys trapping two guys out front while the other three just stay on their man. So those three Pitt players don't move and Capel, who is an awful but at least an experienced coach, looks on incredulously like 'WTF are this UNC dudes doing'. So they just pass the ball back and forth and UNC is confused on why whatever the hell they are doing isn't working.

Those are just the two easiest that come to mind. You learn that crap coaching. Then you come to UNC.
I watch A lot of CBB and Capel is a bad coach but understands and preps the team for basic X’s and O’s. I’ve watched UNC alot heading into tonight and my though was Hube is having growing pains by Feb he will have them looking at worst a talented team that has flaws.

I’ve never been so wrong, Pitt works everything through the big Hugley working an outside game with Guyue. I expected doubles on Hugs forcing the guards to do something. NOPE they did exactly what Pitt wanted and Hugs, Guyue and Horton did whatever the hell they wanted.

I watch A lot of CBB and Capel is a bad coach but understands and preps the team for basic X’s and O’s. I’ve watched UNC alot heading into tonight and my though was Hube is having growing pains by Feb he will have them looking at worst a talented team that has flaws.

I’ve never been so wrong, Pitt works everything through the big Hugley working an outside game with Guyue. I expected doubles on Hugs forcing the guards to do something. NOPE they did exactly what Pitt wanted and Hugs, Guyue and Horton did whatever the hell they wanted.

They always do exactly what the other team wants. Then Hubert just whines about the team not playing hard enough or else talks about how they are all HOF players destined for greatness.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne

Sounds like he needs some better assistants (in addition to him needing to suck less). Get a top notch assistant to tell you when you’re being a fool and to send a sub in whether you remember or not.

Sounds like he needs some better assistants (in addition to him needing to suck less). Get a top notch assistant to tell you when you’re being a fool and to send a sub in whether you remember or not.

They refused to hire any assistant that wasn't a UNC guy or that would disagree with him, which is why Kendall was let go.

Can't lie, I'm ecstatic with what Hubert has shown the college basketball world so far. Seems like the perfect hire for getting UNC an occasional Sweet 16 run, but more often that not they'll probably fail to win more than 1 game in the tournament.

UNC would be better off with a defensive-minded coach like Wes Miller.

They refused to hire any assistant that wasn't a UNC guy or that would disagree with him, which is why Kendall was let go.

This sounds interesting. Do you have more details on this? So, UNC assistants are a bunch of "Yes Men"? And Kendall didn't roll like that?

I believe the takeaway is it's real hard to know where to find that top coach. That's really all I've been saying. It is true, we can probably get the story early on, I guess Hubert ain't jamming NKOTB because it don't appear he's "Got the right stuff" so yeah Tar Heel Nation good luck!

If UNC hired Mark Adams and his 44-90 record compiled at Texas–Pan American from the 90s, I'm not sure how Tar Heel Nation would have felt about that one. Fast forward to today, and man wouldn't he look good over there on that sideline? Imagine what that D would look like.

Reactions: dukedevilz
You seem to really know the inner workings of the UNC hoops team. Are you close to the team?

This thread has done a great job of identifying which Carolina fans buy their gear at WalMart and also couldn’t find Chapel Hill on a map.

I have no idea how Hubert will turn out, but I’m damn sure not burying the guy barely halfway through his first season ever as a HC.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
If you want him fired, schedule a game vs. Wisconsin. They'll call a timeout late, and it will naturally incite any head coach into a fit of rage in which he will have to defend himself by attacking a random assistant coach in the handshake line! Boom, done.

• Haha
Reactions: TechFan88
Most of my UNC gear comes from Johnny T-Shirt tbh. I don’t wear a ton of team gear for anyone though. A little here and there.

Hubie has our boys running circles around this 12-16 Louisville squad. Up 2 late. Top notch work. 🙄

Hubie has our boys running circles around this 12-16 Louisville squad. Up 2 late. Top notch work. 🙄

imagine complaining about a win

giphy.gif

Imagine being happy escaping a shit team at home.
I'm sensing you might just be Hubie's bitch.

im not hard to please. I like winning however it comes. I also like supporting an all time great UNC alum and an even better man, especially one who is barely through half of his first season as HC.

I will never understand self professed fans of UNC who think it is acceptable to dump on Hubert at this point in his tenure, but then again, I also am not a whore who seeks the approval of opposing fanbases on message boards.

ADVERTISEMENT