ADVERTISEMENT

I was right the first time.

UNC up almost 40 points and with less than 12 minutes left in the game no subs have played the second half. Despite his star freshman, who is probably unhappy with his PT anyway, playing great in the first half when he was allowed to play.

I really don’t understand not wanting to use the bench. Give Mando a break at least. If he gets injured we have no big man.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
So what is going on here with UNC? It seemed to be the consensus Hubert was awful, not my opinion I don't have one.

Now, he's positioning himself to have a similar team to last year maybe? After losing a few high profile transfers, maybe people piled on Hubert too much too soon? Roy got 'em an 8 seed with Brooks and Kessler and they got blown out in the 8/9 line.

Is Hubert gonna end up getting the last laugh? Got a couple decent recruits next year maybe no 5* guy but a good PG?

Has his obituary been written too soon?

So what is going on here with UNC? It seemed to be the consensus Hubert was awful, not my opinion I don't have one.

Now, he's positioning himself to have a similar team to last year maybe? After losing a few high profile transfers, maybe people piled on Hubert too much too soon? Roy got 'em an 8 seed with Brooks and Kessler and they got blown out in the 8/9 line.

Is Hubert gonna end up getting the last laugh? Got a couple decent recruits next year maybe no 5* guy but a good PG?

Has his obituary been written too soon?

Next year he probably has one recruit who will actually be able to play a lot as a freshman. So with what they lose he will have to hit the portal.

The consensus is that you shouldn't hire a guy who has to learn how to coach at a place like UNC, which is what is happening. A lot of the mistakes he is making could have been made somewhere else before he took over here. That way we would know whether or not he is a good coach. We don't know that at this point. He could be good or could be awful. That isn't what should happen at UNC. They look good at times against bad teams but have also been jackhammered by every good team they have played.

My issues with Hubert are mainly the UNC defense, attention to detail on both sides, player development and PT, and the absurd things he says in the media. Those are all things he could have learned and tweaked at a smaller school. He admitted he was not willing to do that though. That doesn't scream a guy who is willing to really put in the work IMO.

giphy.gif
First half actually went better than I thought. Would have been closer if we could've kept Sheed-way off the offensive glass a bit. He's ridiculous.

Next year he probably has one recruit who will actually be able to play a lot as a freshman. So with what they lose he will have to hit the portal.

The consensus is that you shouldn't hire a guy who has to learn how to coach at a place like UNC, which is what is happening. A lot of the mistakes he is making could have been made somewhere else before he took over here. That way we would know whether or not he is a good coach. We don't know that at this point. He could be good or could be awful. That isn't what should happen at UNC. They look good at times against bad teams but have also been jackhammered by every good team they have played.

My issues with Hubert are mainly the UNC defense, attention to detail on both sides, player development and PT, and the absurd things he says in the media. Those are all things he could have learned and tweaked at a smaller school. He admitted he was not willing to do that though. That doesn't scream a guy who is willing to really put in the work IMO.
You got some examples of that media absurdity? Would love to hear some of that.

There just isn't a deep top shelf HC candidate pool these days. Guys either retired, went to the NBA, or are at their destination. So we're seeing abnormal hires at Duke, UNC, IU, and AZ. I believe Louisville could be next. Last two coaches at UCLA Alford and Cronin. Just blah.

Sounds like you get the feeling he may be in trouble next year, I'll guess we'll see what the portal gives everybody.

Feasting on the bad and injured. Michigan upsetting Purdue bumped them up to 30 in the net, so for now at least we have a quad 1 win. 1-7, at least for now.

I haven’t been playing that close attention to FSU. What happened to them after they beat Miami?

Our team got injured. We are down 4 starters including our best player (Osborne), best perimeter shooter and perimeter defender (Polite), best creator (Mills), and best lob threat/rim protector (McLeod).

I’d imagine if you took 4 starters off any team they would look a lot worse.

So you're saying avoid using FSU players in Draft Kings contests.... I actually used a guy today that did alright, was his name Butler?

Butler is solid. He will be an NBA draft pick at some point. Not a lot of 7’1 guys who can defend on the perimeter and shoot 38% from 3.

His biggest issue is he is rail thin. He will never be Ayton, but he needs to add at least 15-20 pounds of muscle. He’s about 185 pounds right now.

Honestly, if you want to use an FSU guy on draft kings the rest of the year, I’d say Cam’Ron Fletcher. He’s the best rebounder we have left, gets a couple steals a game, and can get to the rim and hit threes.

Our team got injured. We are down 4 starters including our best player (Osborne), best perimeter shooter and perimeter defender (Polite), best creator (Mills), and best lob threat/rim protector (McLeod).

I’d imagine if you took 4 starters off any team they would look a lot worse.

That’s brutal. Tough break for sure.

I thought it had to be something like that. Didn’t look like a vintage FSU team.

Do those of you Heels fans who want Hubert gone want Wes Miller?

Only if he has demonstrated he can handle it. If that were to be right now, then no. We’ll see what he can do for the Bearcats over the next few years. I don’t believe in limiting yourself to “the family.”

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yo UNC FANS: First off, you are getting absolutely worked by my Jeff Capel lead panthers and FU. Hubert is the worst coach I’ve ever seen. So much so that you should look into if Kevin Stallings show cause is up and give him a call at the end of the year.

This game literally buys Jeff one more year of losing players to the transfer portal and keeping the second worst assembled staff together and THEN WATCH HIM NOT RECRUIT. This guy is stealing money but because of your sheer incompetence he’s coming back. One more time UNC FANS, BE BETTER. Get this guy outta here for ACC unity for gods sake.

Yo UNC FANS: First off, you are getting absolutely worked by my Jeff Capel lead panthers and FU. Hubert is the worst coach I’ve ever seen. So much so that you should look into if Kevin Stallings show cause is up and give him a call at the end of the year.

This game literally buys Jeff one more year of losing players to the transfer portal and keeping the second worst assembled staff together and THEN WATCH HIM NOT RECRUIT. This guy is stealing money but because of your sheer incompetence he’s coming back. One more time UNC FANS, BE BETTER. Get this guy outta here for ACC unity for gods sake.

This seems to help us get rid of Hubert faster and makes you keep Jeff. Seems sort of like a win/win for us. Outside of the score, since your pathetic team and program is beating the piss out of us.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Call the game, I just watched a dude who hasn’t scored a meaningful point in his careeer throw down like Vince Carter

This seems to help us get rid of Hubert faster and makes you keep Jeff. Seems sort of like a win/win for us. Outside of the score, since your pathetic team and program is beating the piss out of us.
Can we pull an Auburn, unite together and get them both fired?

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
The Auburn that is currently getting beat at home by Vandy? (Still super early, no jinx.)
Nah the Auburn style that lies to the media, destroys lives and reputations because they don’t want to pay a buyout but “they have so much money.”

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Again, we all know it was an awful hire. The only people arguing otherwise here are not UNC fans. They haven't looked like a competent team all year. Now and then they have guys who run isolation and get hot and that masks how awful they are.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Yep, we are talking about the same one then.
My level one source just like the guy on the main board from Auburn has whispered in Jeff’s ear already what is about to happen. That’s why we are about to blow a 20 Point lead in 8 mins.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
He doesn't know anything about coaching, which is kind of the point. There are two examples late of why you don't hire a guy with no experience.

1. UNC doesn't want to run clock. Pitt does. UNC scores and sets up to press and looks at the ball sitting there between their legs like it is a cucumber and they are ****** cat scared of it. Pick it up and give it to the ref so he can start he count. The clock is running Hubert. But they haven't gone over things like this because those are things you learn when you coach for a few years.

2. Half court trap and UNC has two guys trapping two guys out front while the other three just stay on their man. So those three Pitt players don't move and Capel, who is an awful but at least an experienced coach, looks on incredulously like 'WTF are this UNC dudes doing'. So they just pass the ball back and forth and UNC is confused on why whatever the hell they are doing isn't working.

Those are just the two easiest that come to mind. You learn that crap coaching. Then you come to UNC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT