ADVERTISEMENT

I was right the first time.

Yes, I know all to well. I'm able to recognize the situation better than most. Although we made a championship game shortly after a legend fell. But the fall after that was fast and swift. Ain't no fun bro.
Ha. Fair enough. I'm just not ready to believe the fall will be THAT bad. Hope, hope.

I just think it's readily apparent Hubert ain't the answer.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Pretty sure every UNC fan here was skeptical. I'm shocked you could find otherwise on a home board, shocked I tell ya! You want us to start holding all Cats fans accountable to what goes down at Rafters? Lol
Do whatever you want.

Ha. Fair enough. I'm just not ready to believe the fall will be THAT bad. Hope, hope.

I just think it's readily apparent Hubert ain't the answer.
Hope in one hand....ah you get it! Just pray to the god of skinny punks UNC doesn't follow it up with another bad hire. That's IU territory you'd be reaching and that's no place to be. Although I am placing a little faith into Woody with caution.

Reactions: 829305
Ha. One of my dad's favorite lines to me.
The reason so many enjoy UNC having a bad year is because UNC is good.

So @829305 take these jabs as complements because some of these supporters of loser teams want to be where your team is.

P.S.
I hate defending Tar Heels but I know how supporters of losers love to pile it on.

Reactions: tarwhiz and 829305
The reason so many enjoy UNC having a bad year is because UNC is good.

So @829305 take these jabs as complements because some of these supporters of loser teams want to be where your team is.

P.S.
I hate defending Tar Heels but I know how supporters of losers love to pile it on.
Thanks, Bert. Nice seeing you back around here lately.

• Love
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I think anyone with common sense knew Hubert was not the guy for that job. He doesn't have the chops for it and he never actually earned that spot.
He should have put some years in at a mid major somewhere. I recommend the Louisville job when it opens next year.

It's not dumb. YOU may not have wanted him but plenty of your brethren did, including those on THR. So don't act like I made it up. Revisionist history is easy.

So if a few people on RR want something then we can make generalizations about what UK fans want? You guys are f'ed.

Again, like I said, dumb.

Last edited:
Reactions: RR30 and 829305
So if a few people on RR want something then we can make generalizations about what UK fans want? You guys are f'ed.

You can do whatever you want you fvcking moron. All I said was that there were SOME fans that thought it was a good hire and a lot of people told the pompous ass fan base that "keeping it in the family" wasn't a good idea. A lot of Y'all act like nobody can coach if they aren't from Carolina. Well swallow every bit of the deep dicking you all are getting now with your "family member".

Hindsight is 20/20. A LOT of UNC fans liked the hire when it was made. Try to keep up
First off, not true. Secondly, if you think they hire from within because they think only an alum can coach, you're the moron.

First off, not true. Secondly, if you think they hire from within because they think only an alum can coach, you're the moron.
First off it IS true; just because you may not have wanted him, doesn't mean others didn't. Secondly, there was no other reason to make some of the "Family" hires other than they played/coached at UNC. Idiot.

Reading home boards and making generalizations is great. Happens all the time lol.

• Haha
Reactions: RipThru
Maybe Bruce Weber will fail up and get the UNC job after he "steps away" from Kansas State

First off it IS true; just because you may not have wanted him, doesn't mean others didn't. Secondly, there was no other reason to make some of the "Family" hires other than they played/coached at UNC. Idiot.
But it's not because Carolina only thinks those in the fam know how to coach, which is what you said.

Lunardi had 'em as an 11 I believe. Thought they showed it on last night's telecast. I'm not sure how though. We have beat exactly no one with a pulse.
Maybe no losses to bad teams. Blow outs to decent teams yeah. But avoided taking an L to a trash team so far. Problem is ACC is littered with trash so might take one eventually due to trash overload.

Maybe no losses to bad teams. Blow outs to decent teams yeah. But avoided taking an L to a trash team so far. Problem is ACC is littered with trash so might take one eventually due to trash overload.
I think Duke was a 2 and then we had two 9’s and two 11’s. Trash is right.

You can do whatever you want you fvcking moron. All I said was that there were SOME fans that thought it was a good hire and a lot of people told the pompous ass fan base that "keeping it in the family" wasn't a good idea. A lot of Y'all act like nobody can coach if they aren't from Carolina. Well swallow every bit of the deep dicking you all are getting now with your "family member".

That isn't what you said. You generalized the fanbase, not SOME fans. lol, you even put the thing you didn't say in all caps. That's wild. Maybe you can go back and edit it real quick or something though. You decided just to double down on it now though. Good for you. I'll avoid the name calling since I'm an adult though. So now you say a lot of us act like nobody who is not from Carolina can coach. Find me a few of those people please. It shouldn't be hard since there are a lot of us.

Reading home boards and making generalizations is great. Happens all the time lol.

Yeah, it's just silly. Rip guy doesn't get that I guess. I thought he had been around long enough to know better.

This is what I posted on the home board before they chose Hubert (but when it was starting to look like they might). Don’t think any other fans had to tell me that hiring “in the family” was a bad idea.

“I’m 37 and some of my earliest memories of UNC basketball were of King Rice and Hubert Davis. Hubert was my favorite player and I still remember how sad I was when we lost in the NCAA tournament his senior year and how crushed he looked as he and Eric Montross were walking off the court and into the tunnel. He truly was a great player and I’m happy for all he’s done for the university since.

All that said, I’m not a fan of giving the job to Hubert (or really any UNC guy that isn’t ready to take it on). We seem to forget that when you hire within family, and it doesn’t work out, we then need to fire one of our family members. From all accounts, firing Matt Doherty crushed him. Getting fired would never be fun but getting fired from a place you considered a second home would be worse. I don’t think we’d be doing any of them a favor by giving them the job if they can’t handle it. The expectations of winning will be there and if they can’t win enough then it doesn’t matter if they were part of the UNC family or not. It makes them worse off in the long run.

I hope that nepotism and nostalgia don’t lead us to a bad decision.”

It's not gonna happen. They aren't firing him after 1 season.
let-me-dream-let-me-sleep.gif

How dumb or obsessed does a fan have to be to feel they know more about what a fanbase feels than that actual fanbase? The majority of UNC fans 100 percent without a doubt did not love the hire. That is not even debatable.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
How dumb or obsessed does a fan have to be to feel they know more about what a fanbase feels than that actual fanbase? The majority of UNC fans 100 percent without a doubt did not love the hire. That is not even debatable.
We all know you are an asshole. I live in Raleigh/Durham and speak to UNC fans all the time. They were thrilled with the hire. I dont have to be obsessed to actually speak to fans of the team.

What is your opinion based on. Have you spoken to each and every UNc fan to come to your opinion or are you just basing it on the rational (sarcasm) fans on message board.

Oh, and lastly, FU and the horse you rode in on.

This really puts perspective on KU fans how blessed we are to have Bill Self. Cal , K and Roys worse seasons are NIT's or losing records. The 2 worst teams under self were a 3 seed and a 4 seed. Perspective.

This really puts perspective on KU fans how blessed we are to have Bill Self. Cal , K and Roys worse seasons are NIT's or losing records. The 2 worst teams under self were a 3 seed and a 4 seed. Perspective.
Is that really true? The worst Kansas has been under Self is a 4? That's honestly remarkable.

We all know you are an asshole. I live in Raleigh/Durham and speak to UNC fans all the time. They were thrilled with the hire. I dont have to be obsessed to actually speak to fans of the team.

What is your opinion based on. Have you spoken to each and every UNc fan to come to your opinion or are you just basing it on the rational (sarcasm) fans on message board.

Oh, and lastly, FU and the horse you rode in on.

The 'each and every UNC fan' comment shows you don't understand the argument. You make wild generalizations and then make up people that don't exist as friends to support your assertions. No one believes you.

I know, I know, you don't care though, right?

The 'each and every UNC fan' comment shows you don't understand the argument. You make wild generalizations and then make up people that don't exist as friends to support your assertions. No one believes you.
You are funny. Talking about generalizations. So you know me and my personal relationships huh?

Tell me how you know this?

BTW, what data points did you use to make your so well informed opinion. Where did you get your information to form you so well informed (sarcasm) opinion. We all know it is just your own opinion and based on nothing else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT