ADVERTISEMENT

I was right the first time.

Have the three transfers been good this season ? Also, can Davis actually be fired this season if UNC keeps playing this way ?

I mean, we’ve been dog walked now in 5 of our 6 losses I believe. Losing is one thing, but we’re getting embarrassed.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Last 26 months for UNC
48-36 overall
20-23 in the Acc.
Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Lots of folks tried to tell that fanbase that “staying in the family” might put you in this position.

Lots of folks tried to tell that fanbase that “staying in the family” might put you in this position.

I don’t remember that much of our fan base wanting this hire. I think we were pretty split actually. I know the ones on this site weren’t stoked about it.

End of season? Neat season? Just wondering when to tune back in. Jokers.

If he’s going to fail (and by all accounts it looks like he probably will), I want it to be pretty decisively. The worst thing he could do is be just good enough to get more chances, and put us into long-term mediocrity.

I think he gets minimum another year, which I don’t expect to be much better.

Reactions: cdbearde
We may make some shitty hiring decisions but we don’t give lifetime contracts away. At least we keep some standards.
giphy.gif

UNC fans ain't gonna get rid of him that easy. He's got Roy's endorsement and we all know what kind of pull Roy has around there. Pubert will be there for 3 years, minimum.

• Sad
Reactions: FaithPlusOne
If he’s going to fail (and by all accounts it looks like he probably will), I want it to be pretty decisively. The worst thing he could do is be just good enough to get more chances, and put us into long-term mediocrity.

I think he gets minimum another year, which I don’t expect to be much better.
How is Wes doing?

How is Wes doing?

Not good enough to say he’d be good enough for UNC but already has better wins than Hubert.

1 really nice win (20 point margin against Illinois) and some head scratching losses (lost to King Rice and his brother against Monmouth as well as Tulane and Memphis), but the team he took over was in much worse shape. Preseason #6 in conference and currently 3rd after 6 games.

I’m hoping we go out of the family, honestly. Hubert already gave up on the primary and secondary break anyway.

Reactions: 829305

Questions do not remain. He is a trainwreck. It was an easy question we all knew the answer to.

That's dumb. Hardly anyone wanted Hubert and almost all of us said to simply get the best coach. Maybe those people tried to tell the POTB or Roy that but most fans couldn't have cared less about keeping it in the family.

Of course it all falls on the coach, fair or not, but what really seems to be the issue with UNC?

I just watched a handful of games at the beginning of the season and defense was an issue but that's with basically every team early on. I've not watched them in conference.

I'm pretty sure every ACC team's schedule got easier with in conference games. So it's a bit odd to see them still struggling.

Of course it all falls on the coach, fair or not, but what really seems to be the issue with UNC?

I just watched a handful of games at the beginning of the season and defense was an issue but that's with basically every team early on. I've not watched them in conference.

I'm pretty sure every ACC team's schedule got easier with in conference games. So it's a bit odd to see them still struggling.
I mean if you have watched their games you should be able to see they lack talent. Just look like a standard wake forest team out there.

There are a lot of problems, and maybe I’ll have the time and energy to type some out later. I will note that good coaches generally have their teams looking better as the season goes on. The opposite seems to be true here.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
With the transfer portal, one year from now UNC may be #1. In the old days it would take time to rebuild, but today is a microwave society. Kentucky was garbage last year and with the portal they are going to be at least a 4 seed.

I will still be glad to trade you coaches 😉

Reactions: cdbearde

The lack of effort has to be concerning.

Davis has to hit the transfer portal. The recruiting the last three seasons has brought about a few underachievers and poor chemistry. It just doesn’t look like a cohesive, passionate group.

Davis has to hit the transfer portal. The recruiting the last three seasons has brought about a few underachievers and poor chemistry. It just doesn’t look like a cohesive, passionate group.

If by him hitting the transfer portal you mean he decides to transfer, then I’m in.

• Haha
Reactions: tw3301 and 829305
If by him hitting the transfer portal you mean he decides to transfer, then I’m in.
I truly think with the transfer portal, you can revamp a lineup in a heartbeat. Hubert needs his guys in there. That’s why I think he deserves at least three years.

BTW, yes I understand he helped recruit these guys to Chapel Hill, but he’s trying to do things his way. I see a lot of non-compatibility on this roster. A lot of disinterest and no cohesion.

I truly think with the transfer portal, you can revamp a lineup in a heartbeat. Hubert needs his guys in there. That’s why I think he deserves at least three years.

BTW, yes I understand he helped recruit these guys to Chapel Hill, but he’s trying to do things his way. I see a lot of non-compatibility on this roster. A lot of disinterest and no cohesion.

I see that, but I also see a guy who is incapable of making pre-game or in-game adjustments and doesn’t seem to have any answers in the post-game Q&A. He runs a very easy offense to defend and his defensive coaching has made us worse than prior years. We can say what we want about the talent level of the players, but he is doing nothing to put them in any position to succeed.

The team is soft, and it looked it like would be when he took over. His response was to go to the portal and get finesse guys. His recruiting has largely geared towards more finesse because he put such a premium on shooting that he seems to have forgotten that there are other aspects of the game that you have to be good at. So no, I’m not confident that getting “his guys” in the program is going to do much.

I see that, but I also see a guy who is incapable of making pre-game or in-game adjustments and doesn’t seem to have any answers in the post-game Q&A. He runs a very easy offense to defend and his defensive coaching has made us worse than prior years. We can say what we want about the talent level of the players, but he is doing nothing to put them in any position to succeed.

The team is soft, and it looked it like would be when he took over. His response was to go to the portal and get finesse guys. His recruiting has largely geared towards more finesse because he put such a premium on shooting that he seems to have forgotten that there are other aspects of the game that you have to be good at. So no, I’m not confident that getting “his guys” in the program is going to do much.

Yeah, that’s the biggest thing. The guys look soft. That’s on the coaching staff. Just didn’t seem like there’s any fire or grit.

And you know what? Steve Robinson’s teams at FSU were soft and lacked a sense of urgency too.

Questions do not remain. He is a trainwreck. It was an easy question we all knew the answer to.

That's dumb. Hardly anyone wanted Hubert and almost all of us said to simply get the best coach. Maybe those people tried to tell the POTB or Roy that but most fans couldn't have cared less about keeping it in the family.
It's not dumb. YOU may not have wanted him but plenty of your brethren did, including those on THR. So don't act like I made it up. Revisionist history is easy.

Last edited:
I don’t remember that much of our fan base wanting this hire. I think we were pretty split actually. I know the ones on this site weren’t stoked about it.
Maybe not. But I saw lots of support for "keeping it in the family" on other sites, and some on this one.

Love seeing the "give him time" posts that's a sure fire answer right there, this guy sucks your opponents want you to keep him for years.

He's over his head 90% sure of it. Seems these guys either hit the ground running or they don't and rarely recover if they don't. The guys that inherit a ton of problems and a stretch of poor seasons prior obviously a different story and a different standard to hold 'em to. UNC returned and added enough to be better than this. + the ACC is straight trash and you're getting boat raced too many games. Once or twice get some players attention but now it feels like more of a coaching issue than players taking mental break.

Transfer portal can help some teams more than likely he's already holding some of the best personnel he's going to have though, so you should be concerned. Bacot is a really good player right? Not sure they ever add multiple players as good as or better than him? Got any 5* dudes coming in next year? I don't know your recruiting.

You guys are screwed until further notice. It's the reality. To add salt to your vaginas it's possible he does just well enough to avoid a massive team meltdown and each year your administration has tough decision either way.

Good luck.

It's not dumb. YOU may npt have wanted him but plenty of your brethren did, includiing those on THR. So don't act like I made it up. Revisionist history is easy.
Pretty sure every UNC fan here was skeptical. I'm shocked you could find otherwise on a home board, shocked I tell ya! You want us to start holding all Cats fans accountable to what goes down at Rafters? Lol

Reactions: tw3301
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT