ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K is getting salty in his old age

Hard to believe the audacity of that kid to dare to ask K a reasonable question instead of simply groveling at his feet. Good on K for flexing on that young buck and showing him that he is a loser that will never amount to anything.

I don't think he said anything inappropriate.

To be fair, most elite coaches are egotistical assholes they just display it in different ways. K does it by being a sore loser and lecturing those he feels are beneath him. Roy is kind of passive aggressive about it, except when he is writing a book.

I was hoping for more...
tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Oddly, K has contributed to the softness of today's society by coddling yound players who normally wouldn't see the floor. But if you seriously take offense to his response here, you are charmin soft.

Oddly, K has contributed to the softness of today's society by coddling yound players who normally wouldn't see the floor. But if you seriously take offense to his response here, you are charmin soft.
Who's offended? I simply pointed out that he's being a little bitch about answering a legit question, instead trying to turn it around on the student that asked it.

Reactions: RipThru
I don't even understand the coddling comment anyway. He has the rep as burying young players he doesn't think are worthy rather than coddling them.

The reporter also should have asked back why he thinks Louisville is the toughest team he will face/has faced this year according to his analogy. I think he just seems to have an issue with Louisville. Every time he losses to them he seems to get all bent about something.

Last edited:
I don't even understand the coddling comment anyway. He has the rep as burying young players he doesn't think are worthy rather than coddling them.

The reporter also should have asked back why he thinks Louisville is the toughest team he will face/has faced this year according to his analogy. I think he just seems to have an issue with Louisville. Every time he losses to them he seems to get all bent about something.

Pitino teams were physical aggressive handsy on D... maybe he doesn't realize Rick left a few years ago. Mack's teams don't even apply token full-court pressure. Mack has had to beg some of his players to grow a pair since he arrived.

K has been a very gracious loser over the years but maybe lately he's lost a few more than he can handle.

Could be combo of age, not being dominant lately, or even the overall rental approach of players the game has become.

nothing to see here, just another example of the biggest fraud in CBB being a bully and an asshole to a college student.

Reactions: Villian07
My brother was there in 88-92 and the training room and players all confirmed K was salty then and now. Hell, UNc fans have been whining about K's foul mouth for 3 decades. It is why they all felt so superior over Duke, while having a chain smoking, scotch drinking, cheater at the helm of the "Carolina Way".

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
My brother was there in 88-92 and the training room and players all confirmed K was salty then and now. Hell, UNc fans have been whining about K's foul mouth for 3 decades. It is why they all felt so superior over Duke, while having a chain smoking, scotch drinking, cheater at the helm of the "Carolina Way".

Laughing Winking

I don’t think anyone believes K abused the kid in any way, but damn, just answer the question.

It was a standard question that certainly wasn't out of line. It's answer was odd and uncovered the fact that he was pissed at the loss. He seemed to take offense to the question.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT