ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K in the studio during 1st/2nd Rds would he be interested?

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Jan 20, 2011
I'd love to see it. No clue if he'd be up for it, but they should reach out to him and get him in there.

Would like to hear his evaluations on big topics but really more on the actual games, predictions, suggested half time adjustments, etc.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
They brought in Pitino a few years back, so maybe K will do it. Heck, bring in Calipari and seat him right next to K.

They brought in Pitino a few years back, so maybe K will do it. Heck, bring in Calipari and seat him right next to K.

That would be awesome. Now I don’t want to see one in studio without the other. We could hear their veiled recruiting pitches dueling on TV.

Same exact words, except “set for life” would be added to the end.
It's not just recruiting.

Calipari wins a title with OADs, K wins a title with OADs.
Calipari f ups a once in a generation team, K f ups a once in generation team.
Calipari goes to the NIT, K goes to the NIT.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I’m a Duke fan and feel like this would be a total snooze fest.

Coach K in a fit of rage, heavily inebriated, or spiked with truth serum? Very interesting. Coach K under impenetrable guard and carefully scripting everything he says? No thanks.

I’m a Duke fan and feel like this would be a total snooze fest.

Coach K in a fit of rage, heavily inebriated, or spiked with truth serum? Very interesting. Coach K under impenetrable guard and carefully scripting everything he says? No thanks.

Just tell him to pretend he's talking to the refs in a TV timeout and it'll be great.

We get Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith.

Don't need Bill Walton.

I don't think Shaq makes appearances for College Basketball. Charles alone is entertainment enough with Kenny Smith

Shaq is awful so I hope not.

I'd be interested in hearing his suggested half time adjustments, but I doubt he'd go for it. And there's no way he'll touch predictions.

He was in the CBS studios for the NCAA Tournament in 1996 and 1997, shortly after we got bounced in the first weekend. It was so nice to not see him back in that chair in 1998.

Reactions: sgrooms
He was in the CBS studios for the NCAA Tournament in 1996 and 1997, shortly after we got bounced in the first weekend. It was so nice to not see him back in that chair in 1998.

Video or it didn't happen.

Well played. Whip out a K video to troll Kentucky fans. ;)
Oh so close to a three-peat. Good times.

Untitled.png

link

Reactions: dukedevilz
Start at around 3 minutes. This was in the '97 title game. But, I remember him being in the studio for the Sweet 16 games and Elite 8. Pretty sure he was there in '96 after Earl Boykins knocked us out.

My boy Austin Croshere and Providence should’ve won that year, got screwed in the Arizona game. I remember my mom drove me up to I think Greenville to watch Duke play providence with court side seats. Providence was a very good team that year.

Just tell him to pretend he's talking to the refs in a TV timeout and it'll be great.

Shaq is awful so I hope not.
Shaq is one of the guys you need around Charles.

Shaq and Charles are always bumping heads. I find it entertaining.

Coach K doesn't fit into this dynamic.

Bring in Shaq and rotate coaches

Bruce Pearl definitely should be one.
I personally like Mike Anderson

Man, a lot of folks here who haven't heard K's radio show.

Guy is funny as hell and not afraid to say stuff you shouldn't necessarily say.

My boy Austin Croshere and Providence should’ve won that year, got screwed in the Arizona game. I remember my mom drove me up to I think Greenville to watch Duke play providence with court side seats. Providence was a very good team that year.

I liked Croshere. Was hard to root against him. But, how in the world did Providence lose with God on their team? Embarrassing.

• Haha
Reactions: Ikibari
I liked Croshere. Was hard to root against him. But, how in the world did Providence lose with God on their team? Embarrassing.
I was a Duke fan when I was a kid (still like you guys a lot) and bought a Duke March madness shirt before the game. Loved Austin so much I asked him to sign it when they came out after the game. So somewhere at my parents home I have an Austin croshere signed Duke shirt, lol.

I was a Duke fan when I was a kid (still like you guys a lot) and bought a Duke March madness shirt before the game. Loved Austin so much I asked him to sign it when they came out after the game. So somewhere at my parents home I have an Austin croshere signed Duke shirt, lol.

lol nice. That would be weird to sign a shirt of an opposing team.

So, what team do you primarily root for?

lol nice. That would be weird to sign a shirt of an opposing team.

So, what team do you primarily root for?
I did my undergrad at Georgia and am a fan but we are so awful I watch maybe one game a year lately. It’s just horrifically bad basketball to watch. I was a very big Duke fan until 5-6 years ago to a point I might’ve pulled for Duke over Georgia. Changing to one and done type recruiting had me lose interest. Was also a big Maryland fan until they left the ACC, then they lost what was compelling about them. Wife did her undergrad at Purdue and in-laws are season ticket holders so they are probably my favorite team now. Painter frustrates me as I think he’s at his ceiling, and it’s just good enough he won’t get fired. Now I just like interesting matchups and Bill Walton games.

Can you recall any noteworthy lines?

From his Sirius show? No, sorry, although I can tell you some of the interviews that I really liked... he did one with PJ Carlesimo that I remember being really good, the David Stern one was good, he did a couple with Lebron that were really interesting, he did one with Marty Dempsey that I liked... he's a very sharp and funny guy, and is VERY honest, and isn't afraid to be push the boundaries a little. I remember when he used to talk to the students before the UNC game... MAN, he was funny, and he was FIERCE (and cussed like a sailor, which I appreciate.)

Speaking of Duke-related shows, JJ Redick's podcast is excellent too.

ADVERTISEMENT