ADVERTISEMENT

Clown team

Yeah, I wish he was playing the same style Roy was playing, lol. Offensively I think his offense could be ok with a PG and someone else to teach the kids how to do simple things like set screens. He has changed the defense completely but the problem is no one can figure out what he is trying to play. Just seems like it is like when you play pick up and everyone kind of picks up someone.

I mean, against Duke he put Bacot on Banchero, which is the number one thing every reasonable person thought was the dumbest thing on earth to do. Then after he saw it didn't work he doubled down on it after the game. It's just a trainwreck.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
He actually changed the style completely. Before we ran a true motion offense with an inside out emphasis. There was a lot of movement and screening. We now just spread the court with 4 guys standing on the 3 point line but we don’t have the personnel to really beat people off the dribble. I think Kentucky does that too, but you guys have really good athletes and Cal will at least run a weave at the top of the key to open up a driving lane while our guys usually just stand there and wait to get the ball. It could be that we don’t have the personnel for what he wants to run but I don’t know if getting the guys he wants is going to truly fix the issues.

Also Roy was a master at fast breaks and rebounding. Neither of those are very good this year based on the changes Hubert made.
It still looks like Hubert is trying to play up tempo and that’s where UNC gets buried.
Playing like UVA isn’t fun to watch, but he might want to try something like that to stop the bleeding. Maybe not as deliberate, but bad teams are getting seperation from them and they can't catch them. Losing to Pitt at home is no bueno.

726d7e90b82d3e89eee35834a7b416b3.gif
Literally my first thought when I saw that name

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Youd think after the success roy had at UNC he wouldnt want to change ANYTHING AT ALL.

Be like scheyer taking over next year and starting to play pac line d or full court press. Do what you do well.

In our coaching search i hope style of play is strongly considered. We are known for playing balls to the wall D and having good athletes. Not playing pac line d and four out O with everyone standing around waiting their turn to jack up a 3. Its sucks enough to be a bad team, it’s insufferable to be bad and boring lol.

Losing to K, Capel and Wojo in Chapel Hill the last two years has to really hurt AFAM fans.

Youd think after the success roy had at UNC he wouldnt want to change ANYTHING AT ALL.

Be like scheyer taking over next year and starting to play pac line d or full court press. Do what you do well.

In our coaching search i hope style of play is strongly considered. We are known for playing balls to the wall D and having good athletes. Not playing pac line d and four out O with everyone standing around waiting their turn to jack up a 3. Its sucks enough to be a bad team, it’s insufferable to be bad and boring lol.

i’m gonna put tennessee here. no losing at arkansas isn’t awful on the surface. they’re a good team and it was on the road.

BUT, tennessee is now 0-9 after a win against kentucky under rick barnes. Someone needs to tell the man it’s not a 1 game season.

UVA for putting up 43 vs UNC and only 13 in first half.

Iowa State for putting up 41 vs TT

Bama for losing to Vandy

Oregon sure fell apart down the stretch with a pretty damn talented roster. Surprised they were so bad.
Call it a wash. They both suck ass. Oregon lost 6 of their last 8 in a nearly equally pathetic conference as the ACC and they ain't going dancing either. ;)

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
ADVERTISEMENT