ADVERTISEMENT

Clown team of the week?

My guess would be the steady improvement/building of the program.

From the AD:

"Mark has realized that this is his place,” Barnhart said. “This is his program. He’s building it and done a unique job of just growing it steadily. In the world of what we’ve got going on in college athletics, those are good thoughts to know I’ve got a fan base that is supportive. We’ve got a city that’s amazing. To live in the Commonwealth of a BBN who literally loves his program, I think there’s a steadiness in all that that fits Mark’s personality and he’s done a remarkable job in just being steady in the storm.”
Oh I see.

Oh I see.

Hot off the presses....

One of the most talented blockers in America is going to be a Kentucky Wildcat. R.J. Adams revealed to Rivals that he has committed to the University of Kentucky, choosing the Wildcats over Alabama and N.C. State. A four-star recruit, Rivals ranks Adams as the No. 12 offensive guard in America.

Reactions: UL_1986
Hot off the presses....

One of the most talented blockers in America is going to be a Kentucky Wildcat. R.J. Adams revealed to Rivals that he has committed to the University of Kentucky, choosing the Wildcats over Alabama and N.C. State. A four-star recruit, Rivals ranks Adams as the No. 12 offensive guard in America.
Solid pick ups for sure.

Kentucky on pace to have our best football class of all time. I was hard on Stoops up until last year, but he's proving to be the right guy for our job. Was very happy he didn't leave for FSU.
Couldn’t see him leave for FSU. Honestly, that program revolved around Bowden. It’s a storied football school, but it isn’t what it once was.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Yea, even with all that said. No arguing Florida State is a better job and program than UK in football. We know our place lol
Agreed, but UK seems more stable for him, judging by Barnharts comments. Don’t blame him not leaving, esp when the money is good.

Couldn’t see him leave for FSU. Honestly, that program revolved around Bowden. It’s a storied football school, but it isn’t what it once was.
What? They just won a title 6 years ago and have had consistent top 5 classes all decade long. They made a really bad hire with Taggart but they’re a 10+ win team more often than not. It’s a top 5-8 job nationally and it’s the best job in the state of Florida. In my opinion atleast but I think a ton of people would agree with me.

What? They just won a title 6 years ago and have had consistent top 5 classes all decade long. They made a really bad hire with Taggart but they’re a 10+ win team more often than not. It’s a top 5-8 job nationally and it’s the best job in the state of Florida. In my opinion atleast but I think a ton of people would agree with me.
They’re def a top 10 program no doubt, I just don’t think they’re a juggernaut program like they once were, jmo. Still a great job, I would give the nod to UF in terms of the best job in Florida.

Reactions: ceilo77
4-6 years? Y’all had Rich Brooks before who’s best record was 8-5. He did win some bowl games, but why would it take that long to get the program on its feet? We had Kragthorpe who was atrocious, and within 2 years Charlie Strong had us win the Sugar Bowl against Florida. We went 2-10 last year, and Satterfield brought us to 7-5 with a bowl appearance. Stoops has def put you guys on the right track, but will it sustain?

That's exactly what he's been building, a sustainable program. We never really had any quality depth. We do now. Your program is experiencing that this year. The depth is what takes time. .

I think Florida is a better job but its close, I wouldn't argue with you if you said FSU. One of my very best friends is a big FSU fan and graduate, he wanted Bob Stoops this time around but wasn't upset when they went with Norvell.

I think Florida is a better job but its close, I wouldn't argue with you if you said FSU. One of my very best friends is a big FSU fan and graduate, he wanted Bob Stoops this time around but wasn't upset when they went with Norvell.
They’re pretty even, but I agree. I think the Florida job is just a notch above FSU (currently)

Reactions: JimboBBN
They’re pretty even, but I agree. I think the Florida job is just a notch above FSU (currently)
Yes it’s extremely close. There’s no right answer as to which one is the better job. If I were ranking top jobs it would look something like this.

1) Alabama
2) Texas
3) Ohio State
4) USC
5) Florida State
6) Florida
7) Notre Dame
8) Oklahoma
9) Michigan
10) Georgia
11) LSU
12) Clemson
13) Texas A&M
14) Penn State
15) Oregon

Man that’s a tough list to compile. Leaving out a ton of big names and I’m already 15 schools deep.

Agreed, but UK seems more stable for him, judging by Barnharts comments. Don’t blame him not leaving, esp when the money is good.

You can’t leave if u aren’t offered the other job. That being said stoops has done much better at UK than I ever imagined.

Yes it’s extremely close. There’s no right answer as to which one is the better job. If I were ranking top jobs it would look something like this.

1) Alabama
2) Texas
3) Ohio State
4) USC
5) Florida State
6) Florida
7) Notre Dame
8) Oklahoma
9) Michigan
10) Georgia
11) LSU
12) Clemson
13) Texas A&M
14) Penn State
15) Oregon

Man that’s a tough list to compile. Leaving out a ton of big names and I’m already 15 schools deep.

I would flip Texas and Ohio State

1) Alabama
2) Texas
3) Ohio State
4) USC
5) Florida State
6) Florida
7) Notre Dame
8) Oklahoma
9) Michigan
10) Georgia
11) LSU
12) Clemson
13) Texas A&M
14) Penn State
15) Oregon

ID put ND and OU before USC, FSU, UF

Reactions: HoosierAlice
ID put ND and OU before USC, FSU, UF
Maybe. I don't think you should rank them higher though just because they have a better history. In football most of the top programs rely heavily on what they have in-state. California and Florida have so much more talent to pick from and that goes a long way with the right kind of coach that can develop them correctly. Oklahoma and Notre Dame do usually get the best players in their immediate area but the talent pool is a lot more thin. They usually end up getting their best players from out of state.

I only have Alabama the top because they're in that sweet spot where they can go just a few hundred miles in any direction and get some of the best talent in the country. Well, for that reason and because they are undeniably the best program of all time.

Maybe. I don't think you should rank them higher though just because they have a better history. In football most of the top programs rely heavily on what they have in-state. California and Florida have so much more talent to pick from and that goes a long way with the right kind of coach that can develop them correctly. Oklahoma and Notre Dame do usually get the best players in their immediate area but the talent pool is a lot more thin. They usually end up getting their best players from out of state.

I only have Alabama the top because they're in that sweet spot where they can go just a few hundred miles in any direction and get some of the best talent in the country. Well, for that reason and because they are undeniably the best program of all time.
I see...I was kinda going off what are considered the most prestigious jobs historically. The only thing thats absolutely crazy....is that UT isn't better than they are.

Reactions: schoonerwest
I see...I was kinda going off what are considered the most prestigious jobs historically. The only thing thats absolutely crazy....is that UT isn't better than they are.
Yeah, I think if we're looking at historically there's no way that Notre Dame isn't #1. Them and Alabama are neck and neck atleast. They pretty much defined the sport for a lot of the 20th century.

Going forward though I don't see how you can rank them very high though. They've just about lost all of that aura and prestige their name used to have. Oh well. We'll always have Rudy on TBS once a month to take us back to their good ole days.

brad-brownell.jpeg

Colgate isn't necessarily an elite mid-major. But, they were in the NCAAs last year (gave Tennessee a good game), and they returned all 5 starters. Not a terrible, terrible loss, IMO.
Auburn curb stomped Colgate 91-62, so.......Maybe Colgate had the flu?

...based on what's getting done in recruiting and the addition of former Auburn QB Gatewood.... uh, yes.
Gatewood was WAY overrated as a QB. He would make a really good TE if he worked at it. But UK is in the SEC east and not the West so....good luck. Stoops is a good coach though so maybe Gran can coach him up.

Yet they have lost 2 of the last 3 Iron Bowls. That is a program in decline. If saban loses again in 2020 he will be on the hotseat. Those redneck turds think they can pull Dabo back home. -Won't happen

ADVERTISEMENT