ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson and UNC insiders, GITT regarding Zion

Matt Laurer

Gold Member
Nov 30, 2017
I’m hearing rumors that Zion told Brownell and Roy he was coming to Clemson and UNC. There is supposedly a video of Brownell celebrating his commitment.
Has anyone else heard this? What about USCjr?

The prevailing thought is Duke and Zion collaborated to get more exposure for each.

Some people I trust swear Zion committed to Coach Brownell. I’m trying to find the video.

And why was there no one from Duke to cover his announcement? Just seems fishy.

When your friends are done creating this fake video please post it here so I can see how garage a production it is.
Why so sensitive? We know Duke is all in on rebranding their image and the ‘brotherhood’ tag. It would make perfect sense.

Why so sensitive? We know Duke is all in on rebranding their image and the ‘brotherhood’ tag. It would make perfect sense.

I’m being more sarcastic than anything else. I just find great humor in these kind of theories folks concoct after surprises like this.

I’m hearing rumors that Zion told Brownell and Roy he was coming to Clemson and UNC. There is supposedly a video of Brownell celebrating his commitment.
Has anyone else heard this? What about USCjr?

The prevailing thought is Duke and Zion collaborated to get more exposure for each.
I heard that Russia bought ads on Rivals and posted fake news to influence recruits and rig their decisions in favor of Duke and coach K.

Watch Zion’s entire ceremony video. He says in the video that Coach K found out the same time the rest of us. No text, no phone call, nothing.

But yes, K and his evil empire came up with All this to ruin other programs.

Watch Zion’s entire ceremony video. He says in the video that Coach K found out the same time the rest of us. No text, no phone call, nothing.

But yes, K and his evil empire came up with All this to ruin other programs.

Well duh, Mark Emmert is the one who orchestrated this.

Reactions: denniden and tw3301
All I've heard is that K and Duke were as surprised as anyone. I have heard no one on the UNC side say anything like that. No one really thought we were getting him. Regardless of the legitimacy of the brotherhood stuff it has been a great marketing ploy that has worked really well.

All I've heard is that K and Duke were as surprised as anyone. I have heard no one on the UNC side say anything like that. No one really thought we were getting him. Regardless of the legitimacy of the brotherhood stuff it has been a great marketing ploy that has worked really well.
What’s the brotherhood stuff? Sorry, I’m not familiar w it.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Why do you think it is a ploy?

Why do you think it is a ploy?

Just seems like it is marketing. It seems more contrived than organic. Like, how they say it over and over and Tweet it all the time. Seems like they are just saying it a ton so people will buy it. Marketing isn't dumb or anything though. I mean, there isn't anything wrong with it.

That's just what they are calling themselves these days.

They really though, should name themselves the Womb. Stay for 9 months, leave and never come back.
So it’s their answer to the Carolina family? Buncha wannabes.

They really though, should name themselves the Womb. Stay for 9 months, leave and never come back.

They never come back huh? Really are clueless aren't you guys

Reactions: tw3301

Your coach is recruiting the same players, well attempting to anywats

Should we call All your 5* players the geriatrics? Once the show up they don’t leave without their depends on.

Reactions: Quavarius
Just seems like it is marketing. It seems more contrived than organic. Like, how they say it over and over and Tweet it all the time. Seems like they are just saying it a ton so people will buy it. Marketing isn't dumb or anything though. I mean, there isn't anything wrong with it.
The players themselves started it. I do agree though that when it caught on, there has been an effort to bring it to light more. Recruiting is sales and having a pitch like that helps. Especially when you have guys in the NBA using the brotherhood thing.

2017/2018

Recruit chooses Duke:
OMG -- the "Brotherhood" thing AGAIN. It is so SSTTUUPPIDDD!

Recruit chooses other school:
WE ARE FAMILY!!!
Welcome to the BBN!!!! Best EVERYTHING -- FANS, FACILITIES, COACHING, HISTORY, EEEVVEERTTHINNGG!!

Does everyone really think a recruit is swept up in a tagline? Really?

Maybe here's a simple marketing "gimic". Have your alumni talk positively about the program in public. Have the alumni talk positively about the coach and the impact the program has had. Probably let the cat of the bag on that one.

ADVERTISEMENT