ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Mack on his way out?

Like I said, I doubt he leaves. But Louisville>Auburn in basketball and it isn’t even close.
Historically yes but that’s pretty irrelevant for the landacape going forward. There isn’t anything at this point he could do at Louisville that he can’t currently at auburn. Auburn board is laying out plans next week for a brand new basketball only facility. Pearl will be paid as one of the top 5 coaches in the country going into next season. 6-7 million per year is what auburn is prepared to offer. Larger pool for assistants. NIL commitments. Bruce pearl is the first coach in quite awhile auburn to have everyone behind him and on the same page and 100 percent committed to giving him anything he wants. Our last 5 football coaches haven’t ever gotten this type of unification and backing at auburn. And they won sec titles, had perfect season and one won a national title.

Historically yes but that’s pretty irrelevant for the landacape going forward. There isn’t anything at this point he could do at Louisville that he can’t currently at auburn. Auburn board is laying out plans next week for a brand new basketball only facility. Pearl will be paid as one of the top 5 coaches in the country going into next season. 6-7 million per year is what auburn is prepared to offer. Larger pool for assistants. NIL commitments. Bruce pearl is the first coach in quite awhile auburn to have everyone behind him and on the same page and 100 percent committed to giving him anything he wants. Our last 5 football coaches haven’t ever gotten this type of unification and backing at auburn. And they won sec titles and a national title.
It really isn’t going forward. You’re a football school, and that’s fine. We will always be better in basketball. Enjoy your current success. I hope it’s longer lived than most. Also, with his record of ncaa violation with both schools he’s coached at, I doubt we take him…given our current situation. I’m not talking shit, I’m just stating facts. We’re a top 7 program.

It really isn’t going forward. You’re a football school, and that’s fine. We will always be better in basketball. Enjoy your current success. I hope it’s longer lived than most.
Yes it is going forward that matters. Reality is going to be tough for ACC schools in the next decade with the onslaught of money coming into the SEC. There is reason everyone of you would jump if you could. Clemson and fsu are begging to get out. Auburn Has been better the last 5 season than Louisville and with pearl we aren’t going anywhere. Vegas would put auburn right now as the better bet for the next 5-10 years.

I think he is a good, solid coach....20-14 1st year------24-7 second year(COVID)----13-7 in a shortened season, and this year has been a train wreck with COVID, injuries, etc, etc....

IMO, he's not JUST being fired for "W's" and "L"s....MOF, if it were simply W/L's, then Louisville is ****ing stupid.
The team quit on him. Whether or not it was bc of the dino shit or not we may never know but when ur damn team captain cant even bs coach speak his way thru the easiest question possible, basically “do yall listen to the coaches?” Instead he says “no comment” like wtf. Its more than Ws and Ls

Reactions: cdbearde
Yes it is going forward that matters. Reality is going to be tough for ACC schools in the next decade with the onslaught of money coming into the SEC. There is reason everyone of you would jump if you could. Clemson and fsu are begging to get out. Auburn Has been better the last 5 season than Louisville and with pearl we aren’t going anywhere. Vegas would put auburn right now as the better bet for the next 5-10 years.
In football yes, basketball no. Remember who you are. I’d put UConn over Auburn and it wouldn’t really be that close.

In football yes, basketball no. Remember who you are. I’d put UConn over Auburn and it wouldn’t really be that close.
We have been better than Louisville the last 5 years in basketball and we are the smarter bet for the next 5-10 years over Louisville in basketball. The NIL and rich SEC schools now caring about the basketball is the worst thing ever for ACC schools. Sorry the present day reality is tough for you. Louisville being just a commuter school going to be even more glaring now

Honestly with nil it wouldnt suprise me a bit to see the sec make a push to be the premier conf in both sports.

They wont come close to dominating basketball like they do football, but it wont be uk and a bunch of football schools and vandy like it has been imo.

But at the same time if u dont think there are acc schools that could compete financially in basketball, louisville included, ur crazy. U only need 8-9 players not 22.

Honestly with nil it wouldnt suprise me a bit to see the sec make a push to be the premier conf in both sports.

They wont come close to dominating basketball like they do football, but it wont be uk and a bunch of football schools and vandy like it has been imo.

But at the same time if u dont think there are acc schools that could compete financially in basketball, louisville included, ur crazy. U only need 8-9 players not 22.
I predict the SEC pushes to add North Carolina and perhaps duke to the conference in the next 10 years

We have been better than Louisville the last 5 years in basketball and we are the smarter bet for the next 5-10 years over Louisville in basketball. The NIL and rich SEC schools now caring about the basketball is the worst thing ever for ACC schools. Sorry the present day reality is tough for you. Louisville being just a commuter school going to be even more glaring now
Doesn’t matter. We have more clout. 9 more elite 8s, 9 more final fours and 3 championships. I get your high on your horse with the current f4 y’all had, but top tier schools don’t gloat over “recent” success. I’ll be the first to admit, we’ve been horrible the last few years, but once the dark cloud passes over, we will still and always be better.

Maybe so. The way the acc caters to them good luck. But $$ talks. Seems duke would have to significantly upgrade in football unless yall just want another vandy like punching bag.

ACC is down, but that ain’t gonna happen.

Sec basketball teams are better this year across the board than most anytime i can remember 🤷‍♂️

Maybe so. The way the acc caters to them good luck. But $$ talks. Seems duke would have to significantly upgrade in football unless yall just want another vandy like punching bag.
The SEC doesn’t care about about needing more football powers. We have plenty. If we did Clemson or fsu would get a Invite. uNc and the duke name are very valuable financial assets. The big 12 catered to Texas and they still are leaving. I think the ncaa is left behind soon as well

Agree with the ncaa being left behind.

No clue about the duke/unc scenario. Id say clemson/fsu is way more likely but i honestly have no clue.

Pearl isn’t going to Louisville. LOL at comparing Memphis to auburn as well. The SEC is what changes things here. Memphis athletic department at no point comes close financially to auburn’s. Kentucky could out pay Memphis. Louisville can’t out pay auburn. With the NIL it has changed the landscape of college basketball. The SEC has the most money. Coaches won’t be leaving SEC jobs with that. Some of you need to catch up with the times
Memphis offered Calipari more money than UK did. They also have FedEx in their back pocket. Money is not an issue at Memphis.

You need to wake up to reality. The SEC has a whole outside of Kentucky have never committed to basketball on the level it is now. Not even close
Theyve never had anyone sustain much success outside of UK, but that doesnt mean everyone wasnt trying. But ur right that a few didnt seem to give a rats ass about bball that now do. Bama/lsu/auburn for example. Florida and arky are the only two that have any real historical success sans of course UK.(that i recall)

Theyve never had anyone sustain much success outside of UK, but that doesnt mean everyone wasnt trying. But ur right that a few didnt seem to give a rats ass about bball that now do. Bama/lsu/auburn for example. Florida and arky are the only two that have any real historical success sans of course UK.(that i recall)
That’s fair. Florida is a huge school and has the ability to be good at anything. Tons of built in recruiting advantages built in. Even under Donovan they weren’t committed to the level Uk was. Just had a really good coach that got some talent.

Yea i mean i dont really know how to guage the “commitment” level.

Dont agree that UF wasnt committed to basketball though 🤷‍♂️ i dont think they wanted white to drive em off a cliff. I could also argue that bama has been “trying” since they hired avery johnson, just not alot of success.

But like ive said before top to bottom sec is as good as i can remember in bball this season.

Yea i mean i dont really know how to guage the “commitment” level.

Dont agree that UF wasnt committed to basketball though 🤷‍♂️ i dont think they wanted white to drive em off a cliff. I could also argue that bama has been “trying” since they hired avery johnson, just not alot of success.

But like ive said before top to bottom sec is as good as i can remember in bball this season.
I mean Hiring an average coach from la tech that really hadn’t done much to replace billy Donovan doesn’t exactly show a huge commitment existed. White will be fired soon I bet

Sec basketball teams are better this year across the board than most anytime i can remember 🤷‍♂️
Historically yes but that’s pretty irrelevant for the landacape going forward. There isn’t anything at this point he could do at Louisville that he can’t currently at auburn. Auburn board is laying out plans next week for a brand new basketball only facility. Pearl will be paid as one of the top 5 coaches in the country going into next season. 6-7 million per year is what auburn is prepared to offer. Larger pool for assistants. NIL commitments. Bruce pearl is the first coach in quite awhile auburn to have everyone behind him and on the same page and 100 percent committed to giving him anything he wants. Our last 5 football coaches haven’t ever gotten this type of unification and backing at auburn. And they won sec titles, had perfect season and one won a national title.

I don’t think we will go after Pearl unless Payne says no, relax.

Ur crazy if u dont think he isnt gonna use this to get a raise, wherher at auburn or louisville regardless of his actual interest level.
He doesn’t even need the leverage to get auburn to pay him more. It’s going to. He just need tell us what he wants and he will get it.

Thats criminal, no offense to any nova or brunson fans. He was a hella player but dam trae led the ncaa in scoring snd assists right? What a joke.
He also averaged over 5 turnovers per game and only shot 42% from the field.

I mean Hiring an average coach from la tech that really hadn’t done much to replace billy Donovan doesn’t exactly show a huge commitment existed. White will be fired soon I bet
Same can be said about mack/xavier. Doesnt mean we werent committed to bball. U have to get new coaches somewhere.

Same can be said about mack/xavier. Doesnt mean we werent committed to bball. U have to get new coaches somewhere.
Chris Mack was a far more accomplished coach at Xavier than mike white was at la tech. White had only been to the ncaa tourney one time. Xavier was a top 15 program under Mack

One elite 8 does not make a program top 15.

Agree on more accomplished than white tho.

I think u are mixing this “commitment” with success. Did UK have a lapse in commitment when the hired bcg away from A&M? No, it just didnt work out. He wasnt exactly super accomplished either, albeit he was at a P5 program.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
One elite 8 does not make a program top 15.

Agree on more accomplished than white tho.

I think u are mixing this “commitment” with success. Did UK have a lapse in commitment when the hired bcg away from A&M? No, it just didnt work out. He wasnt exactly super accomplished either, albeit he was at a P5 program.
Didn’t he make two additional sweet 16’s? White not even in the same stratosphere

Reactions: Villian07
ADVERTISEMENT