ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Mack on his way out?

Desperate times call for desperate measures, I guess. Pearl and Louisville would make excellent bedfellows, imo.

Pearl is who I wanted when Pitino got sh!t canned. However I don't see why he would come to Louisville now. With NIL in place, the SEC can out recruit anybody except for maybe Duke, UNC, Kansas....and maybe a couple others. Add in the "extras"(AD? NCAA hammer?)..... and just why? Why would Pearl want to come to Louisville?

That will hurt some feelings in here but he’s correct.
Pearl isn’t going to Louisville. LOL at comparing Memphis to auburn as well. The SEC is what changes things here. Memphis athletic department at no point comes close financially to auburn’s. Kentucky could out pay Memphis. Louisville can’t out pay auburn. With the NIL it has changed the landscape of college basketball. The SEC has the most money. Coaches won’t be leaving SEC jobs with that. Some of you need to catch up with the times

Pearl isn’t going to Louisville. LOL at comparing Memphis to auburn as well. The SEC is what changes things here. Memphis athletic department at no point comes close financially to auburn’s. Kentucky could put pay Memphis. Louisville can’t out pay auburn. With the NIL it has changed the landscape of college basketball. The SEC has the most money. Coaches won’t be leaving SEC jobs with that. Some of you need to catch up with the times
Maybe money doesn't matter to Pearl. Louisville can still pay a shit ton, even if its not quite what Auburn can. But the tweet says it all, some jobs just mean more. And Louisville is a better basketball job than Auburn. That is not debatable.

Maybe money doesn't matter to Pearl. Louisville can still pay a shit ton, even if its not quite what Auburn can. But the tweet says it all, some jobs just mean more. And Louisville is a better basketball job than Auburn. That is not debatable.
I will put a grand on it he doesn’t go there.

Reactions: nrmorgan2001
I will put a grand on it he doesn’t go there.
I'm not saying he's definitely going there. You won't find that post from me. I'm just saying it shouldn't surprise people he's being listed as a candidate. Louisville is a top 7 program all time, great fanbase (yuck) and facilities. Can pay quite a bit. And Pearl has Auburn at a place they've never been before in hoops. Gun to my head I think Pearl actually stays, but I wouldn't be shocked if he took they job. If offered, of course.

Reactions: LC Gamecock624
I'm not saying he's definitely going there. You won't find that post from me. I'm just saying it shouldn't surprise people he's being listed as a candidate. Louisville is a top 7 program all time, great fanbase (yuck) and facilities. Can pay quite a bit. And Pearl has Auburn at a place they've never been before in hoops. Gun to my head I think Pearl actually stays, but I wouldn't be shocked if he took they job. If offered, of course.
Pearl is a star. He isn’t going to play second fiddle in that state. There is only 3-4 jobs that would maybe have a chance and Louisville isn’t one of them

Pearl is a star. He isn’t going to play second fiddle in that state. There is only 3-4 jobs that would maybe have a chance and Louisville isn’t one of them
I mean you're probably right in that he's staying. But to completely discount his or Louisville's interest this early might be a tad silly. Crazier stuff has happened.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yea im sure he and nick saban are on the same pedestal down there in alabama lol

Hes been playing second fiddle in his own town to the football team.

That being said i wont be suprised if he stays, hes older and got a good thing goin, which we dont. Regardless we HAVE to at least try 🤷‍♂️

Gotta get a coach who’s good at recruiting the transfer portal 😀 except we don’t want Calipari 😉

Transcript from Kentucky’s game last night

Georgia transfer passes to WVU transfer who missed and it was rebounded by the Rhode Island transfer who kicked it to the Creighton transfer with a no look pass out to the Davidson transfer for three!!!!

At least that’s the way sportscenter portrayed it 😀
Should have said:
"SEC assists leader passes to the Nation's leading rebounder, SEC FG% leader, and leader for NPOY, to the 44% 3FG shooter...it's good"!

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Why----He already does so at Auburn. Unless of course you are telling me AU folk care more about hoops, than football?

Reactions: UL_1986
That was the vibe when Mack got the job too...
I think he is a good, solid coach....20-14 1st year------24-7 second year(COVID)----13-7 in a shortened season, and this year has been a train wreck with COVID, injuries, etc, etc....

IMO, he's not JUST being fired for "W's" and "L"s....MOF, if it were simply W/L's, then Louisville is ****ing stupid.

So, no change?

Nominated for a “Postie”

0031939_computer-science-medal_600.jpeg

Hes a star in Opelika County but thats it. He's already playing second fiddle to Nate Oats.

• Haha
Reactions: AU_Gooner
Yea im sure he and nick saban are on the same pedestal down there in alabama lol

Hes been playing second fiddle in his own town to the football team.

That being said i wont be suprised if he stays, hes older and got a good thing goin, which we dont. Regardless we HAVE to at least try 🤷‍♂️S
He isnt leaving auburn

Pretty much this. And like you said. UL is a top 7 job, and Auburn is well….Auburn. I think people forget this is basketball not football.
Pearl is not going to leave for louisville. The SEC with NLI money is so far ahead of where the ACC is. Especially when Texas and Oklahoma join. Landscape has changed

• Haha
Reactions: beasleythecard
Of course. Aren’t we all using NIL to bring in NLI’s? Kentucky has been doing it since rupp. Glad to see we are following the best at it
Is Auburn paying for National Letters of Intent? 🤔 Now it is starting to make sense.
Is Auburn paying for National Letters of Intent? 🤔 Now it is starting to make sense.

ADVERTISEMENT