ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Mack on his way out?

41d2FmYsXTL._AC_.jpg

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I believe Mack initiated the negotiation and was miserable. Firing his assistants put him in a bad spot and he just wanted out.

BOT probably expected to need to make a move this summer may have planned to have an AD hired by then.

From Dominique Yates on Twitter:

Source tells me, if Chris Mack is gone as Louisville's coach, here's some names of interest:
Kenny Payne
Bruce Pearl
Will Wade
Nate Oats

Not saying there's interest from Louisville, but I'm told Pearl "wants it badly."
Payne also strong interest

I’d like Oates or Pearl. In the meantime, it’ll be fun to watch Peagues coach bc he actually did a much better job before Mack came back. Best wishes to Mack, but that was a dud hire, and he didn’t really have the qualifications to be hired in the first place at Louisville. They scrambled to hire someone after Jurich left and Tyra became AD…appointed from an interim position from the new BOT brought in from crooked Matt Bevin.

It’s a top 10 job.
I thought about a poll on which "open" vacancy's would rank the top.

Georgetown, Syracuse, UNC, UL, USC (haha).

Don't seen Davis fire, so I have to say UL> SU.

These are top notch jobs. Don't be surprised if the pick from fanbases who's sure they won't leave.

I've been making jokes but seriously. Coaches who's been mentioned current ceiling isn't as high as it can be at UL.

Reactions: rockycard
It’s a top 10 job.
Under normal circumstances, I would agree with you. Normal circumstances would entail a head coach knowing who his boss(es) are going to be and not having the unknown of future sanctions looming. I am assuming they'll hire a permanent AD before they make a new coaching hire though. That hire will be more important than the new coach anyway.

Under normal circumstances, I would agree with you. Normal circumstances would entail a head coach knowing who his boss(es) are going to be and not having the unknown of potential future sanctions looming. I am assuming they'll hire a permanent AD before they make a new coaching hire though. That hire will be more important than the new coach anyway.
NCAA could do UL a huge favor right now.

Why prolong it? UL is a team in waiting. There's zero doubt they'll be back, but when?

I’d like Oates or Pearl. In the meantime, it’ll be fun to watch Peagues coach bc he actually did a much better job before Mack came back. Best wishes to Mack, but that was a dud hire, and he didn’t really have the qualifications to be hired in the first place at Louisville. They scrambled to hire someone after Jurich left and Tyra became AD…appointed from an interim position from the new BOT brought in from crooked Matt Bevin.
LOL, cmon now. If Louisville is really trying to clean up their act they would be dumb as shit to go after Pearl. You don't prove you're trying to make positive changes by hiring a dude with his shady past, which essentially included a 3-year ban from the game.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
LOL, cmon now. If Louisville is really trying to clean up their act they would be dumb as shit to go after Pearl. You don't prove you're trying to make positive changes by hiring a dude with his shady past, which essentially included a 3-year ban from the game.
The ncaa is essentially a joke now with NIL, so it wouldn’t be that much of a stretch.

The ncaa is essentially a joke now with NIL, so it wouldn’t be that much of a stretch.
Desperate times call for desperate measures, I guess. Pearl and Louisville would make excellent bedfellows, imo.

Under normal circumstances, I would agree with you. Normal circumstances would entail a head coach knowing who his boss(es) are going to be and not having the unknown of future sanctions looming. I am assuming they'll hire a permanent AD before they make a new coaching hire though. That hire will be more important than the new coach anyway.
The presidential role will take some time. My guess is probably 18 months or so. AD will probably be alot sooner. I’d think by the years end.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, I guess. Pearl and Louisville would make excellent bedfellows, imo.
If he can bring some life and energy back to the program that would be refreshing. Mack’s sour puss arm cross routine was and is pitiful. Snarky asshole as well.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
If he can bring some life and energy back to the program that would be refreshing. Mack’s sour puss arm cross routine was and is pitiful. Snarky asshole as well.
I'm not even going to bother linking Macks videos on twitter/instagram to prove he's been over his head.

We've all seen them. Make a solid hire. Let him build. All the tools are there.

The presidential role will take some time. My guess is probably 18 months or so. AD will probably be alot sooner. I’d think by the years end.
Maybe they just make your girl, the UK grad, the perm president. 😆 Def would be wise to prioritize getting a perm AD in there before making any coaching hires though.

Maybe they just make your girl, the UK grad, the perm president. 😆 Def would be wise to prioritize getting a perm AD in there before making any coaching hires though.
Good god no. Now I know you’re trolling 😂. That dimwit isn’t gonna be in this role long.

• Wow
We aren’t going to make the tournament this year, but we have enough talent to have a fun ride until the end of the season.

Duke, you’re first up 😉

Reactions: beasleythecard
Tubby Smith...
Gotta get a coach who’s good at recruiting the transfer portal 😀 except we don’t want Calipari 😉

Transcript from Kentucky’s game last night

Georgia transfer passes to WVU transfer who missed and it was rebounded by the Rhode Island transfer who kicked it to the Creighton transfer with a no look pass out to the Davidson transfer for three!!!!

At least that’s the way sportscenter portrayed it 😀

Gotta get a coach who’s good at recruiting the transfer portal 😀 except we don’t want Calipari 😉

Transcript from Kentucky’s game last night

Georgia transfer passes to WVU transfer who missed and it was rebounded by the Rhode Island transfer who kicked it to the Creighton transfer with a no look pass out to the Davidson transfer for three!!!!

At least that’s the way sportscenter portrayed it 😀
Free agent vets are way better than unproven frosh 99% of the time, imo. I'll take the portal all day errrrday sprinkled with a OAD here and there. 😎

Free agent vets are way better than unproven frosh 99% of the time, imo. I'll take the portal all day errrrday sprinkled with a OAD here and there. 😎
Agreed. Auburn has 4 transfers regularly playing. Combined with one and done with Jabari smith.

Time for UofL and Pearl to both just be clean. You need a watch dog like Sandy Bell was with Pitino. Pearl would infuse excitement and put seats in the Yum. Nate Oats is not the way to go. He's definitely losing his luster this year.

Pitino and Cal both worked out at UK. Our watchdog system was in place for both. Winning cures a lot of problems.

WF hit a home run with their coach. UofL should be able to. Self Ban the remainder of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT