ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Bosio fired after calling teammate “Spider Monkey”.

He was very important in the Cubs recent success, really helped a lot of guys improve... Most notably arietta and Hendricks

Spider monkey has no history of being a racist term and clearly wasn't used in a racist manner. It's not an insensitive comment. The firing was not justified and shame on the person(s) who made that decision.

edit: Chris Bosio seems to be a real dickbag.

Last edited:
Spider monkey has no history of being a racist term and clearly wasn't used in a racist manner. It's not an insensitive comment. The firing was not justified and shame on the person(s) who made that decision.

Apparently it’s not a nickname the player is familiar with. Not a good look for the coach.

I was fired for a misunderstanding when I was younger so I sympathize with the guy. First job out of school, had been there 5 years. Me and another young guy were filling orders together. An older lady (sister of my managers girlfriend) also worked in the warehouse. She came to work in a really shitty mood that day and wanted to be left to herself because (as I later found out) she was rejected a loan for a new home. Right before she left for the day I asked if she talked to the manager about us switching shifts. She went off on me and said she saw what I did. I was confused as hell and pretty pissed because she just left without telling me. Came to work Monday, after being confused all damn weekend, and was fired because I wouldnt sign a write up for sexual harassment. She ended up accusing me of acting like i was beating off on her. I was very angry and me yelling at the owner probably ended up getting me fired (as well as not signing the write up). I remember me and the other young guy talking about the hangover and imitating the scene where the chinese dude does the jerk off motion. I'm assuming she saw that and us laughing, having a good time, and convinced herself it was about her since she was in a shitty mood and not talking to anyone. It was pretty messed up, but in hindsight I definitely could've handled it better. As angry as I was it probably looked bad to management. All I had stuck in my head was how shitty it felt to be accused of something like that. If I were older when it happened I feel like I wouldve been able to control my emotions. Saw her at a restaurant a few years later and she put her hand over her face and looked down. Sucks getting fired for some bullshit. Oh and I tried to draw unemployment and take a little break after, luckily the person i filed with was female. She totally had compassion for my situation and gave me a fair review(sarcasm). That situation has also made me automatically skeptical anytime someones accused of sexual harassment.

Apparently it’s not a nickname the player is familiar with. Not a good look for the coach.

It sounded like it's a name the coaches used among themselves for that player, so it wouldn't be shocking if the player hadn't heard it before.

I will say that I rushed to judgement, though, because Bosio could be lying through his teeth, but I'm siding with him until the GM or somebody else gives us details that prove he was being a racist turd.

I was fired for a misunderstanding when I was younger so I sympathize with the guy. First job out of school, had been there 5 years. Me and another young guy were filling orders together. An older lady (sister of my managers girlfriend) also worked in the warehouse. She came to work in a really shitty mood that day and wanted to be left to herself because (as I later found out) she was rejected a loan for a new home. Right before she left for the day I asked if she talked to the manager about us switching shifts. She went off on me and said she saw what I did. I was confused as hell and pretty pissed because she just left without telling me. Came to work Monday, after being confused all damn weekend, and was fired because I wouldnt sign a write up for sexual harassment. She ended up accusing me of acting like i was beating off on her. I was very angry and me yelling at the owner probably ended up getting me fired (as well as not signing the write up). I remember me and the other young guy talking about the hangover and imitating the scene where the chinese dude does the jerk off motion. I'm assuming she saw that and us laughing, having a good time, and convinced herself it was about her since she was in a shitty mood and not talking to anyone. It was pretty messed up, but in hindsight I definitely could've handled it better. As angry as I was it probably looked bad to management. All I had stuck in my head was how shitty it felt to be accused of something like that. If I were older when it happened I feel like I wouldve been able to control my emotions. Saw her at a restaurant a few years later and she put her hand over her face and looked down. Sucks getting fired for some bullshit. Oh and I tried to draw unemployment and take a little break after, luckily the person i filed with was female. She totally had compassion for my situation and gave me a fair review(sarcasm). That situation has also made me automatically skeptical anytime someones accused of sexual harassment.

You wanted to "take a little break" and draw unemployment? That's just a shame. Able bodied, just didn't feel like earning money? Geez. Sounds like something my crackhead sister would do.

But, I don't know you. So I'm not judging you on a personal level, just your behavior.

Turns out he actually did call a person a monkey then didn't apologize. So yes it was justified.

Sounds like....

CBog-dHUMAA2llF.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT