ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard hired by Texas

I guess Texas should beat everyone in everything all the time because they have more money than God, located in Austin, nothing but 5 star talent, etc so if they ever lose in anything to anyone just a huge failure on their part.

Looking forward to our next games. If you win well you were suppose to win. If we win guess everyone should be fired and no fans should show up to the next game.

So Baylor is going to the championship game.

Baylor, Houston, and Texas Tech have all played in the Final Four recently. Abilene Christian, North Texas, Texas A&M, Stephen F Austin and Texas Southern have all won a game in the tournament.

Meanwhile Texas...

You’re exactly correct. That is why Texas hired Chris Beard. Glad you understand the reasons.

I guess Texas should beat everyone in everything all the time because they have more money than God, located in Austin, nothing but 5 star talent, etc so if they ever lose in anything to anyone just a huge failure on their part.

Looking forward to our next games. If you win well you were suppose to win. If we win guess everyone should be fired and no fans should show up to the next game.

Seriously, are you ok?

The shine’s already wearing off his new chick and he’s noticing her warts.

With a crazy ex that he’ll never be done with.

Poor bastard.

This is expected....

Not all Tech fans have the same thinking though.. Some are grateful for what Chris Beard has done for them

They are screwing themselves...
Because they are saying without Beard they can't win. But they should shake the man's hand and wish him luck.

Mark Adams is a good coach. Helped Beard out a lot

Beard is going to win. Going to ride with what he has. They had very good defenses. Ones who would look to take over the games ..

That isn't a scheme as much as it is the players.

Beard has an idea what type of players he wants. Not too hard ro get them at Texas...
Beard wants to win.

Our NBA production could be hurt but there is enough there for Beard to get who he wants if they win

1) You want to win...#1 thing Beard looks for in a player. Able to win how Beard sees fits.

Going to ride with the ones he has? Ogden, Maligi, and who else? Rodney Terry?

My connections to the UTEP Basketball program...

Are zero.

Don't know what is going on with Terry. CUSA basketball isn't terrible. They could be a two bid league.
App State won the SunBelt and was a 16 seed. SunBelt is great for football and baseball for a smaller conference but their basketball sucks

Georgia State usually wins and gets a 14 or 15 seed.

Ogden could do better than UTA

Unless they want to push Terry out and not pay a buyout it is hard for me to see him walking away...

I don't know if he can get a much better job as an assistant at Texas
He left Texas for Frenso State

Here to eat shit. I can not F'n believe it. Beard has made a lot of enemies with this move. Big mistake on his part, but I guess I shouldn't be shocked by a coach saying one thing and doing another. I thought he would have better character than that. Oh well! F him.
Haha...how about when he came to UNLV for like 4 days, or whatever it was. 🤣

Haha...how about when he came to UNLV for like 4 days, or whatever it was. 🤣
He didn't leave you for your rival. Or tell you that was his dream job. He is just a con man. The guys best friends in Lubbock didn't even know he was bolting and hasn't even talked to them since. That's what kind of "man" he has shown to be. You are better off without him, just as we are now.

• Love
Reactions: LVRebel2000
He didn't leave you for your rival. Or tell you that was his dream job. He is just a con man. The guys best friends in Lubbock didn't even know he was bolting and hasn't even talked to them since. That's what kind of "man" he has shown to be. You are better off without him, just as we are now.
That was kind of my point too. Even if it was his dream job, leaving the UNLV program the way that he did was pretty brutal. Good coach, but apparently not much of a man.

Reactions: WestTexasRaider
That was kind of my point too. Even if it was his dream job, leaving the UNLV program the way that he did was pretty brutal. Good coach, but apparently not much of a man.
You know what, your point is very valid. We, as Red Raiders, didn't give his move with you guys as a big deal because he wasn't really there all that long. But, here he goes again jumping ship when it suits him. We know now thats his MO. I know how you felt now. You are right.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
TX Tech is to be blamed as well if are going to be truthful.
They wanted Beard. Didn't want to wait.

Tubby taking the Memphis job was them pushing him out for Beard.
You have no idea what you are talking about. We loved Tubby and he bolted on us for Memphis. We didn't push him out. You are talking out your ass.

Yeah, I get it from Texas Tech's point of view too. However, that's pretty much how it always is with programs that have more money. They'll go after the guy they want and leave it up to the coach to say no to them. But, if a school just went through a multiple month long search and landed on you, and you committed to coming in, it's pretty rough to leave like he did after only a few days. By that point, we passed on all of the other coaching candidates, and there weren't many good options available. Unfortunately, it's been par for the course for our athletic department. They ran Tark out, and since that time, they've been a 3 ring circus. WIth the latest UNLV coaching change, Iowa State signing coach Otz to a contract, we were actually glad to have him leave. I was optimistic when he came in, but he totally underperformed, and didn't create any excitement for the fans or the community as a whole. At least our AD learned after the Beard fiasco, and we got about a $3 million buyout from Otz. Best of luck to TT since we're now basically eskimo bros. ;)

Told the overnight TT basketball experts 2 years ago how unlikely they were to stay on top of the mountain. My advice to fans on non traditional powers, if your school makes a Final Four... go to it, party your ass off, and embrace every moment of the lead up. It is possibly a once in a lifetime event.

2008 orange bowl for us Kansas fans

Bill Self was letting an assistant pick his players....

Sounds like he can recruit just as long as the right guy is picking the players

I would worry about Self not getting the players he wants because your bag man has been pushed out of the game

I would worry about Self not getting the players he wants because your bag man has been pushed out of the game
29-8 since the inception of the big 12. It’s actually perplexing we’ve given up 9 games. Especially over 20% this season. Our record against you is almost unacceptable. You’d have to win every game for 11 years to pull even.

Poor Kansas Fans ....

What sport will you beat Texas in.

Going to wait untill basketball is played again.
Would look bad if you take another L

Even in a year that you had far more talent, you couldn’t finish higher in the Big 12. 😆

Someday, Texas....

Like I have explained to you before...

We have everything else
You have basketball.

But before it is all said and done.
We will have basketball as well.

And then there’s reality...

You have nothing. Haven’t been close to elite in either sport that matters for over a decade.

No one cares about baseball. I don’t even know Texas’s history and don’t care enough to spend a few minutes researching it. And literally no one cares about diving. 😆

Far better to succeed at one thing than to fail at two. .

And then there’s reality...

You have nothing. Haven’t been close to elite in either sport that matters for over a decade.

No one cares about baseball. I don’t even know Texas’s history and don’t care enough to spend a few minutes researching it. And literally no one cares about diving. 😆

Far better to succeed at one thing than to fail at two. .

2 Final 4's in 10 years isn't doing too much.

But you actually think Kansas Basketball is something special.

Part of being a delusional fan...

But the sad thing with Kansas. They don't care about anything else...

Your entire athletic department is a stinking shit pile.
Could end up screwing you in basketball.
Just ask UCONN

2 final fours in 10 years is pretty good. I mean they’re a top 3 or 4 program all time and 2 final fours every 10 years is right on their modern era average.

So what’s going on with Jerrance Howard? That’s Bill selfs guy. Why on earth is he going to Texas? Kansas fans what’s your take on this?

Baylor has accomplished more than them in the last 10 years now...

That is before the NCAA hits Kansas.

Rumor is that he has been looking to get out because of the NCAA

Couldn't find a great landing spot.

Not really that big of a hire.

Possibly will be support staff. We will see.
Maybe Ogden

2 Final 4's in 10 years isn't doing too much.

But you actually think Kansas Basketball is something special.

Part of being a delusional fan...

But the sad thing with Kansas. They don't care about anything else...

Your entire athletic department is a stinking shit pile.
Could end up screwing you in basketball.
Just ask UCONN

Triggered by the truth. 😆

You’re right. About me anyway. I don’t care about anything else. Being decent in football again would be nice, but I don’t need it. I’ll always be far more interested in the Chiefs.

It’s hilarious that for all your money and “power,” all you have to brag about are sports that no one pays attention to.

Btw, if being top 5 all time and having the most tourney wins this century, plus 15 of the last 17 Big 12 titles is nothing special, you should probably just fold your program.

Remember the standard you’ve set when you’re crowing about a Sweet 16 appearance five years from now. 😆

Triggered by the truth. 😆

You’re right. About me anyway. I don’t care about anything else. Being decent in football again would be nice, but I don’t need it. I’ll always be far more interested in the Chiefs.

It’s hilarious that for all your money and “power,” all you have to brag about are sports that no one pays attention to.

Btw, if being top 5 all time and having the most tourney wins this century, plus 15 of the last 17 Big 12 titles is nothing special, you should probably just fold your program.

Remember the standard you’ve set when you’re crowing about a Sweet 16 appearance five years from now. 😆

What truth?

That Texas takes whatever they want from Kansas.

That Kansas hasn't beaten Texas in a single sport all year.

Your program wasn't even worth playing in football.

That you just fired another AD...
How many ADs is that?

Your athletic department is a joke right now.
If you don't want to admit that....It is alright

But with the NCAA about to destroy your basketball program.
What else do you have left?

Football? No
Baseball? No

2 final fours in 10 years is pretty good. I mean they’re a top 3 or 4 program all time and 2 final fours every 10 years is right on their modern era average.

So what’s going on with Jerrance Howard? That’s Bill selfs guy. Why on earth is he going to Texas? Kansas fans what’s your take on this?

Not sure. But I don't think that Self was desperate to retain him.

When you consider the fact that Beard and Self are pretty close friends, it seems unlikely that he would sabotage that friendship over one halfway decent assistant with a reputation for being irresponsible. Money wouldn't have been an issue if they really wanted him.

Self also doesn't seem too concerned. Said he’s in no rush to replace him right now and moved Jeremy Case into his role.

Last edited:
Reactions: Montana81
What truth?

That Texas takes whatever they want from Kansas.

That Kansas hasn't beaten Texas in a single sport all year.

Your program wasn't even worth playing in football.

That you just fired another AD...
How many ADs is that?

Your athletic department is a joke right now.
If you don't want to admit that....It is alright

But with the NCAA about to destroy your basketball program.
What else do you have left?

Football? No
Baseball? No

In case you didn't realize, it's not in the NCAA's hands.

Always love the "Texas takes what it wants" schpiel. 🤣

That why you haven't had a real coach in either major sport in many years? This time you were just lucky that he was an alum.

So all you wanted was a guy whose best recruit was Cliff Alexander? And a female strength coach? Kinda tells you why Texas is where they are. 🤣

Couldn't even get an old guy that few people had heard of named Mark Adams. Your new coach is already throwing tantrums over it on social media.

I’m frankly not too worried about getting hammered. The longer it drags out, the less likely it becomes. But keep hoping. It's definitely your best chance to get a piece of Daddy's pie.

Last edited:

This is just wrong. Tubby wasn't pushed out. Memphis offered him. We actually countered and offered to raise his salary by $1 million. Still he left. So then we start looking around and Chris Beard who was an assistant at Tech for 10 years under Bob Knight was now a Div 1 coach.

How many assistants did the minister of basketball get to pick out for Beard?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT