Grand McCasland (North Texas)
Joe Golding (Abilene Christian)
Steve Alford (New Mexico)
Niko Medved (Colorado State)
Mark Turgeon (Maryland)
Frank Martin (South Carolina)
Johnny Jones (Texas Southern)
Kyler Keller (Stephen F Austin)
Too soon to give Gregg Marshall a 2nd chance?

Reactions: duckboy33
Here to eat shit. I can not F'n believe it. Beard has made a lot of enemies with this move. Big mistake on his part, but I guess I shouldn't be shocked by a coach saying one thing and doing another. I thought he would have better character than that. Oh well! F him.

Apparently his wife/fiancé was abusive to her volleyball players and resigned rather than be fired from her HS coaching job in December. She wanted to get out of Lubbock. Not the only factor but a factor.

My Texas Tech (not so) short list:

Grand McCasland (North Texas)
Joe Golding (Abilene Christian)
Steve Alford (New Mexico)
Niko Medved (Colorado State)
Mark Turgeon (Maryland)
Frank Martin (South Carolina)
Johnny Jones (Texas Southern)
Kyler Keller (Stephen F Austin)

People also discussing Darwin Ham because the current trend of hiring a former player/NBA coaching experience. Also just hiring Asst Coach Mark Adams a Tech alum and Beard’s defense coordinator from Ark Little Rock to present.

Knew this was coming today, when his buyout dropped substantially.

Which is weak. Just pay us our 1 million and do it a week earlier.

So, apparently Mark Adams isn’t coming with Beard. That’s going to hurt big time. He’s the man that made Beard’s teams work, the defensive guru etc. Beard without him may be Shaka 2.0.

You can keep him and Riff Raff's cousin..

Kevin McCullar and Kyler Edwards could transfer to Texas.

McCullar is a good player. Edwards is in and out of playing to his potential. Enjoy his shot faking on wide open 3s in conference play.

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK
The crazy el tejas techo fans make promises not threats. Them being surprised is worse than IU fans thinking Stevens was actually coming.

No. Lol, no it's not.
Insert roll emojis infinite

So, apparently Mark Adams isn’t coming with Beard. That’s going to hurt big time. He’s the man that made Beard’s teams work, the defensive guru etc. Beard without him may be Shaka 2.0.

Beard forgot to bring the real mastermind of the operation with him?

Uh oh....

It's unfortunate that you had to settle for an overhyped, average coach who isn't a big improvement over Shaka.

Chris Beard is a Good coach but wouldn't be a drastic improvement

I truthfully don't see the hype for Musselman when John Beilein is available.

But I do know there comes a time people start questioning his coaching ability if they keep putting in the Top 10/15 every year and he doesn't end up there

Chris Beard is a solid coach.
But when Texas Tech goes 9-9 next year some of you are going to start questioning his hype.

Man is overhyped. But this doesn't mean he isn't a solid coach.
Just means that he isn't what some of you think he is.

And from the "Name a coach that doesn't warrant the hype" thread:

Chris Beard is probably one to look at.

I think he had his chance to win a NC but average coaching did him in
Tech should have beaten UVA
Beard follows that up with being a bubble team.
Pretty sure Tech will be at the same place next year.

A lot of this board believes Chris Beard is going to be a guy who makes consistent Sweet 16 runs

Maybe in the 3 years people will see this differently

They aren't messing around.

Guy is leaving a head coaching job to be an assistant.

He is another Texas Ex.

Eh, he's only been a HC for 3 years in the Sun Belt and has a losing record. Safe to say this is a good move for him. Won't have to worry about getting canned any time soon and I'm guessing he'll be making more money.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
Beat example for him is Tom Izzo probably.
Nothing real flashy but going to get the most out of his team every year.
The question becomes is a low budget Izzo...Better than Izzo.
Does Texas have a higher ceiling than Michigan State
It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Very good hire. Texas should be much better than they are. Beard deserves to coach at a school where he can get the best and compete for the final four and beyond every season. He is there now.

Who is this dude and why is he so pissed that a coach left to coach his alma mater? Did he not see this coming? 😆

There are a bunch more.

I don't know what they saw. You had some of big Tech Twitter accounts spreading lies.
These people really thought there was an April Fool's Joke coming.
But they ended up being the fools.

If they were Tech alums....I told them to think about how much they love TT. That is how Beard feels about UT.

Here to eat shit. I can not F'n believe it. Beard has made a lot of enemies with this move. Big mistake on his part, but I guess I shouldn't be shocked by a coach saying one thing and doing another. I thought he would have better character than that. Oh well! F him.

they money whipped him...guaranteed 10 years & $75M....

And **** him, hope he fails miserably and they have to fire him and pay him off

But I’m not bitter.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT