ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard hired by Texas

Don't think it would be shocking if Beard did, in fact, take the offer. Just makes you pause for a moment when you realize it's April 1st. As of right now, no major outlets have published anything about Beard going to Texas. Goodman has reported it. And Norlander has as well, but he referenced Goodman. So, Idk.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne

Don't think it would be shocking if Beard did, in fact, take the offer. Just makes you pause for a moment when you realize it's April 1st. As of right now, no major outlets have published anything about Beard going to Texas. Goodman has reported it. And Norlander has as well, but he referenced Goodman. So, Idk.

Rothstein also reported it.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Here to eat shit. I can not F'n believe it. Beard has made a lot of enemies with this move. Big mistake on his part, but I guess I shouldn't be shocked by a coach saying one thing and doing another. I thought he would have better character than that. Oh well! F him.

Am I the only one who dont think Chris Beard will be successful at Texas? We thought Shaka Smart was a good hire too, and he messed up there. And everyone was high on Archie Miller hype train when he went to IU, now look what happened. I feel that something just aint right with some of these programs, theres always a mismatch of expectation and reality.

Here to eat shit. I can not F'n believe it. Beard has made a lot of enemies with this move. Big mistake on his part, but I guess I shouldn't be shocked by a coach saying one thing and doing another. I thought he would have better character than that. Oh well! F him.
Can we get screenshots of the death threats from your home board?

Those Texas-Texas Tech games are going to be interesting...

Am I the only one who dont think Chris Beard will be successful at Texas? We thought Shaka Smart was a good hire too, and he messed up there. And everyone was high on Archie Miller hype train when he went to IU, now look what happened. I feel that something just aint right with some of these programs, theres always a mismatch of expectation and reality.

Im not entirely sold on him honestly.

Is there anyone that you think is good? Besides your coach who chokes 80% of the time and missed the tourney this year as a preseason top 10?

Told the overnight TT basketball experts 2 years ago how unlikely they were to stay on top of the mountain. My advice to fans on non traditional powers, if your school makes a Final Four... go to it, party your ass off, and embrace every moment of the lead up. It is possibly a once in a lifetime event.

Beard built Texas Tech up to heights they’ve never reached and established them as a program. Now he leaves for a better job at his college which is also a bigger name school. Tech is in a better spot after he left than before. They have a certain name recognition to them.

I tried to tell some Tech fans this and I got slurs hurled at me. Today isn’t the day for reason with them.

Whether they like it or not, the coach that left them for a better job is by far the best coach in their schools history and they should be grateful they made it to a national championship game under him.

Not that many quality coaches out there, Tech will have to gamble on a young up and comer. Punch in the nuts for that fan base, but it's a move that all coaches would make

I have to say, looking at the TT 247 board is kinda amusing, but I feel for them. The funniest posts were the ones clamoring for Brad Stevens, and them thinking he'd pick TT over IU because IU is essentially irrelevant. That's quite a lack of self-awareness.

My Texas Tech (not so) short list:

Grand McCasland (North Texas)
Joe Golding (Abilene Christian)
Steve Alford (New Mexico)
Niko Medved (Colorado State)
Mark Turgeon (Maryland)
Frank Martin (South Carolina)
Johnny Jones (Texas Southern)
Kyler Keller (Stephen F Austin)

I have to say, looking at the TT 247 board is kinda amusing, but I feel for them. The funniest posts were the ones clamoring for Brad Stevens, and them thinking he'd pick TT over IU because IU is essentially irrelevant. That's quite a lack of self-awareness.
Yeah, don't mind the idiots swinging for the fences. This sucks. At least we know we are willing to pay top 5 money to a coach. That should at least get us a look from some decent coaches. We also have brand new facilities that were just built, a 15k arena that will fill with a rabid fan base. Here's hoping we don't squander what has been built and go back to the cellar.

I'm honestly hoping we retain Mark Adams and at least screw over Beard a little by stealing his defensive mastermind.

Reactions: KisteK
Where the fvck is @SheriffBufordTJustice ?

He called this. Did he die from auto erotic asphyxiation?
allt4.jpg

@SheriffBufordTJustice this morning.

ADVERTISEMENT