ADVERTISEMENT

Chet Holmgren

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
Holmgren will be announcing his college decision today during the 11 AM (ET) SportsCenter. I think everyone is expecting Gonzaga. Would be crazy if the Zags had a frontcourt of Chet Holmgren and Drew Timme next year. But who knows? Maybe Chet will throw everyone a curveball.

Holmgren will be announcing his college decision today during the 11 AM (ET) SportsCenter. I think everyone is expecting Gonzaga. Would be crazy if the Zags had a frontcourt of Chet Holmgren and Drew Timme next year. But who knows? Maybe Chet will throw everyone a curveball.
Never heard of her.

But, Heels on his list of 7. Any chance?

Love watching him play, he has a ton of skill and also backs that up with highly competitive attitude. It shows that he grew up playing with Jalen Suggs and for Suggs' dad.

He's rail thin, but unlike most rail thin bigs, he actually plays a lot bigger and stronger than his size.

I hope he goes to college, would suck to not get to see him play next year.

Never heard of her.

But, Heels on his list of 7. Any chance?

He’s legit. We recruited him pretty hard for a while but it’s been some time since we were considered “in it.” I’m guessing Zags or G League. Anything else would really surprise me.

Reactions: 829305
Love watching him play, he has a ton of skill and also backs that up with highly competitive attitude. It shows that he grew up playing with Jalen Suggs and for Suggs' dad.

He's rail thin, but unlike most rail thin bigs, he actually plays a lot bigger and stronger than his size.

I hope he goes to college, would suck to not get to see him play next year.

He has a legit shot at being National Player of the Year. Would love to see him in college for a year. And yes, if he's anything like Suggs, he's bound to be tough and fiery. Suggs doesn't shy away from physical contact - and he is always scrambling, jumping, and diving for those loose balls heading towards the sideline. Only full game I saw of Holmgren was against Emoni Bates. He took control of the game and looked like the better prospect, at least for that game.

Yeah, I’m from Peoria. I know of Chester Walker.

oh that's right. I knew you were from Peoria and even thought of that when you said you were teaching high school. Also knew Walker played for Bradley, yet I didn't put those two together when I made that post. If I did i would've made even more fun of you for dissing the Chet name :)

• Haha
Reactions: 829305
tumblr_inline_om7cg8BL481qfgxvo_400.gifv

If Chet's decision is as expected, the game between Duke and the Zags could feature two of the best frontcourts in recent college basketball history.

Timme and Holmgren vs Banchero and Williams

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierAlice
oh that's right. I knew you were from Peoria and even thought of that when you said you were teaching high school. Also knew Walker played for Bradley, yet I didn't put those two together when I made that post. If I did i would've made even more fun of you for dissing the Chet name :)
Ha. Speaking of people we know, I’m actually friends w Willie Coleman. He was pretty good for a minute.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Okay, apparently it was the 12 pm ET SportsCenter. Good thing I only tuned into the last 10 minutes.

What position is Chet in college? If Timme’s back he’s the 5. Does Chet play the 4?

best part of that clip was the last highlight where he scores, gets fouled and then hands his opponent the ball with some nice trash talking. He's got a bit of a mean streak in him and that is a huge plus for a guy with that frame.

The basketball world needs more Chet Holmgrens and less Mo Bambas.

If Chet's decision is as expected, the game between Duke and the Zags could feature two of the best frontcourts in recent college basketball history.

Timme and Holmgren vs Banchero and Williams
An All American and the number 1 overall recruit versus a 7/4 guy and the number 3 overall recruit.

Seems like there is a clear winner here.

Joey Baker has 20,000 more followers on Instagram than Corey Kispert. Kind of crazy, considering one is a possible lottery pick - and the other one didn't even average 3 ppg this past season. Girls be throwing themselves all over for Baker, though.

But for reals, kind of embarrassing to compare our guys to Gonzaga. We didn't even make the freaking tournament. I think our frontcourt will be top 5 next year, but still a big gap between Banchero/Williams and Holmgren/Timme.

best part of that clip was the last highlight where he scores, gets fouled and then hands his opponent the ball with some nice trash talking. He's got a bit of a mean streak in him and that is a huge plus for a guy with that frame.

The basketball world needs more Chet Holmgrens and less Mo Bambas.

7 foot 190...yikes!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT