ADVERTISEMENT

Checking in on NBA - Brooklyn Trade, etc

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Jan 20, 2011
Is there a thread I am overlooking. If yes please link it I'll delete this.

Thoughts on NBA now?

Brooklyn Big 3 vs La Lakers inevitable, or do you see something else?

Glad Levert got traded it may have saved his life.

I wanted to see LeVert run with Myles Turner.

We will see with the Nets. Steve Nash has to get the best out of James Harden.
We will have to see if he will.

Regarding the Lakers.
Too many players around AD and Lebron in my opinion
You take those two away that team could still be fighting for a playoff spot

Harden has been playing at a really high level with Brooklyn so far but we'll have to see how Kyrie figures into the equation when he returns. Brooklyn is also thin in the front court, which means they have to play small ball. Spencer Dinwiddie's potential return is very important for the Nets. If he can return and be 100%, Lakers are going to have a very hard time matching up with the Nets backcourt.

May take the big 3 some time to mesh in Brooklyn. But you can't deny how good those guys are. Not sure about depth. Green/Jordan/Harris is another 3 solid enough guys, though a couple in decline, but still serviceable. That bench is thin though. Will they need a bench? I'm thinking yes.

All bullshit aside should be talking about the Nets matching up in the East first.

NBA wants a Brooklyn/Lakers NBA Finals.

NBA needs a strong team in NY to match up with Toronto, Philadelphia and Boston.

But those are the teams they need to beat. Too much hype. I don't like the idea of already penciling them into the NBA Finals

This doesn't work. Would be much better to hype all the big cities in the East playing each other first.

Takes everything away when we already have two teams penciled in...
Like the Warriors and Cleveland

Clippers look like the best team this year.

If it wasn't for the bubble, the Lakers would not have won it. They had/have players that shot it so much better in the Orlando bubble than they do in true NBA arenas.

Clippers look like the best team this year.

If it wasn't for the bubble, the Lakers would not have won it. They had/have players that shot it so much better in the Orlando bubble than they do in true NBA arenas.

Clippers lost because they didn't have anyone behind Pat Beverley who could guard Murray

Look at the numbers in the series with Beverley on the court and off the court.

Bringing in someone who could guard Jokic could help.

Reactions: Big ol arms
Talk to me in two or three months and we’ll see about Brooklyn. Too many mouths to feed and Kyrie hasn’t been held accountable since he left Bron. Wanted to become his own man, and what a weirdo he became. Not sold at all on Brooklyn. Harden also won’t last long playing second fiddle imo.

I’ve actually been impressed with the Warriors this year. Wiseman is legit, and with Draymond back...they have a solid starting 5.

I am so sick of these loaded all star teams.

The Celtics are homegrown

Kevin Durant broke the NBA. They were in a perfect spot until he went to Golden State. Everything since then has felt like an arms race with the regular season meaning less and less.

Reactions: hawkit3113
NBA has been broken since LeBron started the super team trend. Boring.

Edit. I take that back. Celtics started it first.

You just rotate Harden and Kyrie for about 30-35 minutes.
Play them together for 10-15. Start of games and then the end of games

That is what the Rockets did with Westbrook and Harden.

With that you just find the missing pieces to go with them.

The question becomes Harden believing in Steve Nash...

Bench isn't as important because you are going to have a volume scorer on the floor every minute of the game.

KD is a different animal. He can play with anyone pretty much.
Entire league recognizes he is the most efficient scorer.

The big 3 in Brooklyn is a terrible match of personalities and playing styles. Two years ago when Durant and Kyrie both went to Brooklyn I said those two wouldn’t play 100 games together for the Nets. I still feel that way. I think the number is at like 7 right now?

Harden folds in the playoffs. Kyrie is bat shit crazy and injury prone. Durant has not previously shown the ability to carry other non-MVP players to a title, and he’s also injury prone.

Karl Anthony Towns just can't catch a break. Loses his mom to Covid in the off-season. Dislocates his wrist in the 2nd game of the season. Now he has Covid himself.

Karl Anthony Towns just can't catch a break. Loses his mom to Covid in the off-season. Dislocates his wrist in the 2nd game of the season. Now he has Covid himself.
He's lost something like 4-5 family members to covid.

*7 total including his Mother.

While I doubt Brooklyn makes the Finals, Bron would bully ball the f out of em. Davis too. Surely they add a piece or three but nothing that can likely slow Bron, or Brow for that matter.

So the NBA may really want Brooklyn vs LA, but ....

I dunno, call it a depth issue, call it a lack of D presence, there's for sure some things Brooklyn is gonna have to figure out to get through the East... What left do they have to trade to get some role players?

I dunno, call it a depth issue, call it a lack of D presence, there's for sure some things Brooklyn is gonna have to figure out to get through the East... What left do they have to trade to get some role players?

They should trade Kyrie.

It will also help when Kevin Durant plays. I remember when all the brainiacs thought Miami couldn't win with Wade/Bosh/LeBron because it wasn't balanced enough and they lost some regular season games. It's a long season fellas.

It will also help when Kevin Durant plays. I remember when all the brainiacs thought Miami couldn't win with Wade/Bosh/LeBron because it wasn't balanced enough and they lost some regular season games. It's a long season fellas.
It is. But this ain’t Miami. Ha. Not even close. They had a team. This is my son and his buddies trading players to make a team on NBA2K.

To be clear not for or against their success, or making predictions.

The Miami Heat did get to the finals year 1, they also had solid defenders Chalmers, Battier, and Haslem.... even the starting C that year people don't remember Joel Anthony was a big time defensive player.

I do see Brooklyn countering here with Green, Jordan, Harris - good players....I don't know if they play the kind of D the trio above played though... but these 3 do know how to play for sure.

Not reading too much into these initial games especially with Durant sitting one of them and Irving for sure rusty, and the games not meaning all that much right now either.... just wondering about the ability to D as others pointed out, I don't think they've made their final roster move for the season. They could find a perimeter defender or maybe groom the young kid Luwawu-Cabarrot, and Bruce Brown knows how to play too.

Looking forward to it!

Reactions: duckboy33
It is. But this ain’t Miami. Ha. Not even close. They had a team. This is my son and his buddies trading players to make a team on NBA2K.

Thats the exact same thing people said about Miami and then they won the East four times in a row and won 2 titles. Brooklyn will be in a similar position when it’s all said and done

ADVERTISEMENT