ADVERTISEMENT

Champions Classic - Coaches Poll

Two years ago, #1 Duke played #2 Michigan State and #4 Kansas played #5 Kansas.

And in the 2013-14 season, #1 Kentucky played #2 Michigan State, while #4 Duke played #5 Kansas.

Impressive gaffe lol. Maybe my mind was thinking some of the UK guys were playing like they were in a KU uniform.

giphy.gif

Reactions: dukedevilz
9:30 tipoff is too late for me. I clock in at 6am at work. I'll DVR it. Glad I did last year with that debacle. Hopefully we show out this year against Sparty. If not, I'll at least be able to save myself the misery of sitting through an embarassing performance. We've got experience this year so I feel like this should be a great game.

Two years ago, #1 Duke played #2 Michigan State and #4 Kansas played #5 Kansas.

And in the 2013-14 season, #1 Kentucky played #2 Michigan State, while #4 Duke played #5 Kansas.
I think he's asking if they've ever been #1, 2, 3 and 4. Not if all were Top 5.

I think?

It really is the perfect 4 teams
I mean, meh....Villanova has same amount as titles the past 3 years, than MSU has in their history. I get it. MSU has been stellar. But, I mean, so has Nova. I mean, Sparty hasn't won in a title in 19 years.

I mean, meh....Villanova has same amount as titles the past 3 years, than MSU has in their history. I get it. MSU has been stellar. But, I mean, so has Nova. I mean, Sparty hasn't won in a title in 19 years.
Nova has definitely been the better program recently. MSU has been much more consistent and have a little bit more long term history. MSU is definitely not like Kansas, Duke and UK. They are definitely the only replaceable program in the classic.

Nova has definitely been the better program recently. MSU has been much more consistent and have a little bit more long term history. MSU is definitely not like Kansas, Duke and UK. They are definitely the only replaceable program in the classic.
True. Its a great set-up. The 4 teams are usually all preseason Top 10 teams. Mostly Top 5.

Nova is the only team with an actual argument, but I think MSU is more of a brand than Nova. It’s probably homer bias slightly, but I think you have the 4 biggest name programs in the 4 best conferences, so it’s perfect to me.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Nova is the only team with an actual argument, but I think MSU is more of a brand than Nova. It’s probably homer bias slightly, but I think you have the 4 biggest name programs in the 4 best conferences, so it’s perfect to me.

UNC has an argument. In fact, UNC should be in over MSU....

UNC and Duke can’t both be in. I mean yeah, UNC is a bigger brand, but you can’t have 2 teams from the same conference
I was getting ready to say the same---But figured you already had.Winking PLus, , I mean shit---Duke and UNC already play 11 times a year. So there's that as well.Laughing

UNC and Duke can’t both be in. I mean yeah, UNC is a bigger brand, but you can’t have 2 teams from the same conference
Besides, UNC is already in the CBS Sports Classic with UK. They aren't going to have 2 of the same teams in 2 different 4-team events.

Reactions: MGC_07
ADVERTISEMENT