ADVERTISEMENT

CBS ranks all 68 teams in the tourney

We are definitely ranked a bit too high. Then again it's the tourney and anything can happen fellas!

How nice of them to put KU's 2 and 3 seed ahead of the Jayhawks. NCAA really did stick it to KU this year and you can't argue that.

Reactions: SpartanJD
How nice of them to put KU's 2 and 3 seed ahead of the Jayhawks. NCAA really did stick it to KU this year and you can't argue that.
Yep. We got a ridiculously tough draw. If/when Kansas gets bounced from the tourney, it’ll be labeled another KU “choke” job, even though this is Self’s greatest year coaching to date.

Yep. We got a ridiculously tough draw. If/when Kansas gets bounced from the tourney, it’ll be labeled another KU “choke” job, even though this is Self’s greatest year coaching to date.

It's not a ridiculously tough draw. We have the weakest 4/5 set in the field and a significant advantage over any team until the elite 8 (not to say they can't or won't lose to one of them). At that point, you're nearly always going to be faced with a very good team.

But yes, by doing a great job in the regular season, Self has again set himself up for "failure."

It's not a ridiculously tough draw. We have the weakest 4/5 set in the field and a significant advantage over any team until the elite 8 (not to say they can't or won't lose to one of them). At that point, you're nearly always going to be faced with a very good team.

But yes, by doing a great job in the regular season, Self has again set himself up for "failure."
Duke and Michigan state on our side is brutal, and Penn might be the best 16 seed in over a decade.

Duke and Michigan state on our side is brutal, and Penn might be the best 16 seed in over a decade.

This whole “penn is the best 16 seed ever” narrative is laughably pathetic. You are Kansas, a #1 seed and bluebood. Sack up you whiny pussy and go beat the freaking Quakers from the Ivy League. You only have to play one of duke or MSU (unlikely, but possibly even neither). Kansas’s top half isn’t bad at all. NC State can score with anyone but plays no D. You absolutely should not lose to them in Wichita. Then you have two beat up 4/5 teams missing key players. You may have the easiest path to the E8 of any 1 seed. God forbid that you’d then have to beat another top 5-10 team to get to the Final 4.

This whole “penn is the best 16 seed ever” narrative is laughably pathetic. You are Kansas, a #1 seed and bluebood. Sack up you whiny pussy and go beat the freaking Quakers from the Ivy League. You only have to play one of duke or MSU (unlikely, but possibly even neither). Kansas’s top half isn’t bad at all. NC State can score with anyone but plays no D. You absolutely should not lose to them in Wichita. Then you have two beat up 4/5 teams missing key players. You may have the easiest path to the E8 of any 1 seed. God forbid that you’d then have to beat another top 5-10 team to get to the Final 4.
giphy.gif

You have a cake walk to the E8. Once there you'll only have to play one of Duke or Michigan State (probably). They won't make you play them both at once I promise. You guys will be alright.

Duke/MSU have it way worse than you because they have to play each other just get to the E8.

You have a cake walk to the E8. Once there you'll only have to play one of Duke or Michigan State (probably). They won't make you play them both at once I promise. You guys will be alright.

Duke/MSU have it way worse than you because they have to play each other just get to the E8.
NC State could be a tough matchup. They've beaten some good teams this year. KU should make the Elite 8 but you can never count on KU doing what they should in the tournament.

NC State could be a tough matchup. They've beaten some good teams this year. KU should make the Elite 8 but you can never count on KU doing what they should in the tournament.
KU will not get the favorable whistle that they get in conference.

But, I agree, Self did an amazing job with this team

interesting that they mentioned
coach beards win with lil rock
over purdue a couple years ago -
if tech can win their first two,
they'll meet purdue in the s-16 -
wreck em!!
I was actually shocked they had TTech that low. They were great all season until a key injury. If I'm not mistaken that player is back full speed now yes?

Not to mention that Kansas won't face both the 2 and 3. They can only potentially meet one.

I was actually shocked they had TTech that low. They were great all season until a key injury. If I'm not mistaken that player is back full speed now yes?
sr pt guard - Keenan Evans -
toe injury -
played thru the pain
in the B12 tourney -

i'd estimate that he's about 90%

hope to see yall in the S-16 -
looks to be a great matchup,
if tech can get past a scrappy SFA team,
and a talented gata team -

wreck em!!

KU will not get the favorable whistle that they get in conference.

But, I agree, Self did an amazing job with this team
KU does not get favorable whistles in conference. People need to just stop assuming that. They actually get shafted by the refs more than most of the Big 12 teams.

WVU and TT had the same record..........WVU took 2 of 3 from TT and WVU beat UVA, the number 1 overall seed...................TT gets a 3 seed and WVU gets a 5 seed........

Yeah, the committee is wack.

Reactions: KisteK
Not to burst an old and tired narrative, but KU is middle of the pack in the B12 in foul disparity and around 40th in the nation.

Esteban you are full of shit Kansas gets al most every dam call you had about 30 free throws and TEXAS only went TO FREE THROW LINE about 7 times

ADVERTISEMENT