ADVERTISEMENT

CBI cancelled

You need at least a .500 record to qualify for the NIT. Therefore, if UNC doesn't win the ACC Tournament, their season is over.

You need at least a .500 record to qualify for the NIT. Therefore, if UNC doesn't win the ACC Tournament, their season is over.

Actually, you don't have to have a .500 record to quality. They aren't taking UNC though. When I first saw the CBI was cancelled I thought there was the chance to hear some good jabs. Lurker's was easily the best IMO.

EagerSpitefulHeterodontosaurus-small.gif

Actually, you don't have to have a .500 record to quality. They aren't taking UNC though. When I first saw the CBI was cancelled I thought there was the chance to hear some good jabs. Lurker's was easily the best IMO.

After a quick search, I believe you're right. Can't find anything on it. But, the NIT has never accepted a team with a losing record. So, call it an unofficial requirement.

I will be legit mad if there is no NCAA tournament

Fortunately, the NCAA doesn't bend easily. They grossed $933 million from the tournament last year. That represents more than 75% of their yearly earnings. Would be very, very surprised if anything is canceled.

I think they’ll try to move a couple locations and then end up having to play a couple with no fans.

Fortunately, the NCAA doesn't bend easily. They grossed $933 million from the tournament last year. That represents more than 75% of their yearly earnings. Would be very, very surprised if anything is canceled.
Damn, their whole bottom line in a month and a half pretty much. Yea, no way they are canceling. Any way to estimate what the numbers would be about if they did the tournament but without fans?

Damn, their whole bottom line in a month and a half pretty much. Yea, no way they are canceling. Any way to estimate what the numbers would be about if they did the tournament but without fans?

The broadcast rights were signed for $10.8 B over 14 years. That comes out to average of $771 million per year. CBS/Turner Broadcasting wouldn't be too pleased if the tournament was cancelled. Worst case scenario, you'd play the games without any fans. Still doubt it'll come to that. But you might argue that the tv ratings would actually be better without anyone in the stands. Fans that would normally be in attendance could theoretically increase viewership by 100,000+ if they're watching on tv instead of in person.

Reactions: Quavarius
Dennis Dodd just tweeted that a major conference official told him total cancellation is def a possibility.

This would be ****ing terrible

ADVERTISEMENT