ADVERTISEMENT

Cavs without Love tomorrow.

HRTheCard

Sep 15, 2016
Team
Louisville
Will be a tough task for them to win in the Garden imo just with the way they’ve been playing on the road and now they are without Love? Idk.

Reactions: dtgold88
Somewhere in the back of Bron’s head, he’s down with this challenge. Talk about one for the legacy if he pulls it out.

Imagine if he was a degenerate gambler, philanderer, and assaulted teammates.

Never said I liked Jordan. Guess I would be considered a Jordan hater too? Its like you can't not like either one with some of you Lebron or Jordan lovers.

Last edited:
Oh, a guy who milked an injury for most of a season after being cleared to play? I can see how you'd like him but find LeBron hard to root for.

How did I know that you asked just so you could nitpick one of my players that I liked? I'm sure you can find something about Larry Johnson too cant you because even I can. A lot of players in the NBA have their faults, doesn't mean I have to hate or like them all.

Oh and you probably haven't heard because you don't follow KW like me but Leonards injury may actually been more serious than everyone thought. If it turns out he was BS about it I will slam the shit out of him..still doesn't take away the fact that I like him for my own reasons.

Reactions: brooky03
How did I know that you asked just so you could nitpick one of my players that I liked? I'm sure you can find something about Larry Johnson too cant you because even I can. A lot of players in the NBA have their faults, doesn't mean I have to hate or like them all.

Oh and you probably haven't heard because you don't follow KW like me but Leonards injury may actually been more serious than everyone thought. If it turns out he was BS about it I will slam the shit out of him..still doesn't take away the fact that I like him for personal reasons.
I was actually just using that as an example that any "superstar" can be nitpicked. LeBron is the definition of the word and has ben scandal-free for the better part of two decades. The worst thing I can say about him is that he's a bit dramatic about injuries from time to time.

I was actually just using that as an example that any "superstar" can be nitpicked. LeBron is the definition of the word and has ben scandal-free for the better part of two decades. The worst thing I can say about him is that he's a bit dramatic about injuries from time to time.

He definitely exaggerates some of his fouls/injuries. I mean nearly every time he drives he is looking at the ref for a call and that gets aggravating. At least you realize that much unlike some Lebron fans I've talked to.

I think most of us so called "haters" know how great he is (top 2), its other things he says and does that aggravates me and makes it hard to root for him.
me, too.

would love nothing more to have been able to see the Cavs win a title without him. But I'll dance with the devil as I know it's not happening without him.

Reactions: Big ol arms

Oh and you probably haven't heard because you don't follow KW like me but Leonards injury may actually been more serious than everyone thought. If it turns out he was BS about it I will slam the shit out of him..still doesn't take away the fact that I like him for my own reasons.
I agree with that, but if it turns out he did milk it, I would hope he'd fall behind Lebron as that's worse than being a a narcissistic drama queen IMO.

FWIW, my favorite Cavaliers have been Larry Nance, sr. and Korver is probably #2 with Price very close.

Favorite non-Cav? Probably still Larry Bird.

Reactions: Big ol arms
a little narcissistic, and wouldn;t mind more "we" comments in pressers, but I agree.

He definitely exaggerates some of his fouls/injuries. I mean nearly every time he drives he is looking at the ref for a call and that gets aggravating. At least you realize that much unlike some Lebron fans I've talked to.
You know I think he whines too much, but he does get hit pretty much every time he goes to the hoop. Both observations can be true.

Oh, the haters will find a way to asterisk it.
I usually don't agree with Stephen A but I agree with him on the sentiment this postseason. Lebron has had to go thru Indiana and Victor Oladipo , The mentally soft and fearful of the sheer sight of Lebron , Raptors , and a Celtics team where the big 3 of Horford , Tatum , and Brown were his opposition. And somehow these series are fair argument that he is now the undoubted GOAT?

Now he goes out there and beats a full strength GSW team with no Love (though I don't think it's as big of a loss as it's made out to be) he deserves praise for winning that series because Cleveland is the clear inferior team. Not folks in the media creating somewhat false narratives about how great his playoff opponents have been this year.

Reactions: brooky03
I usually don't agree with Stephen A but I agree with him on the sentiment this postseason. Lebron has had to go thru Indiana and Victor Oladipo , The mentally soft and fearful of the sheer sight of Lebron , Raptors , and a Celtics team where the big 3 of Horford , Tatum , and Brown were his opposition. And somehow these series are fair argument that he is now the undoubted GOAT?

Now he goes out there and beats a full strength GSW team with no Love (though I don't think it's as big of a loss as it's made out to be) he deserves praise for winning that series because Cleveland is the clear inferior team. Not folks in the media creating somewhat false narratives about how great his playoff opponents have been this year.
I'm pretty sure his team has been the underdog now in seven of the nine Finals appearances he has made in his career. The only "failure" in the Finals was against Dallas.

Reactions: tw3301 and dtgold88
I'm pretty sure his team has been the underdog now in seven of the nine Finals appearances he has made in his career. The only "failure" in the Finals was against Dallas.
I am talking about the sudden media notion being pushed..... that has come to the surface thru this years Eastern Conference playoffs. Those 4 Miami teams were the most talented teams in the league each year. The Spurs were a deeper team but not more talented on the front end. Dallas obviously wasn't as you mentioned but had versatile defensive guys that could guard Lebron and Wade and make it tough on them along with Dirk being your go to scorer in crunch time. Which is exactly what the Celtics were missing without Irving as the go to crunch time scorer. Celtics are going to be able to roll out Kyrie , Brown , Tatum , Horford , Baynes. Which gives them time to get Hayward worked back in at his own pace.

Need to see what shakes out in the off season FA first , but outside of Lebron going to Houston or a new super team..... This year might be Lebron's last shot at a title. Not only do the Celtics have that young talent and depth , they are also likely to get a top 3-5 pick at minimum in next years draft because they own Sacramento's pick and we all know they are going to be terrible. So they could be adding a Cam Reddish or Nas Little type prospect to that group in about a year. Ainge would have to be really crapppy to screw up the next 4-5 years. Plus he is gonna be 34 years old in his 16th season leading to inevitable notion that father time is undefeated.

False narratives? Like MJ would have won 8 titles in a row had he not "retired" even though he was on the court in the loss to Orlando?

Are you saying no praise if they beat GS WITH Love?

I am talking about the sudden media notion being pushed..... that has come to the surface thru this years Eastern Conference playoffs. Those 4 Miami teams were the most talented teams in the league each year. The Spurs were a deeper team but not more talented on the front end. Dallas obviously wasn't as you mentioned but had versatile defensive guys that could guard Lebron and Wade and make it tough on them along with Dirk being your go to scorer in crunch time. Which is exactly what the Celtics were missing without Irving as the go to crunch time scorer. Celtics are going to be able to roll out Kyrie , Brown , Tatum , Horford , Baynes. Which gives them time to get Hayward worked back in at his own pace.

Need to see what shakes out in the off season FA first , but outside of Lebron going to Houston or a new super team..... This year might be Lebron's last shot at a title. Not only do the Celtics have that young talent and depth , they are also likely to get a top 3-5 pick at minimum in next years draft because they own Sacramento's pick and we all know they are going to be terrible. So they could be adding a Cam Reddish or Nas Little type prospect to that group in about a year. Ainge would have to be really crapppy to screw up the next 4-5 years. Plus he is gonna be 34 years old in his 16th season leading to inevitable notion that father time is undefeated.
Mostly agree. Though I do think the Cavs have some pieces they could move to improve. Assuming he has a Finals as good or better than last season, possibly Love. TT keeps playing well, he actually has a reasonable deal and I believe it's expiring. The 8 pick.

I hope they blow it up if Lebron goes.

He beat that Celtics team with 4 guys that wouldn’t start on any other playoff team inthe nba. He beat them literally with a team of bench players. I don’t care if that doesn’t impress you or Stephen A, it impresses me.

False narratives? Like MJ would have won 8 titles in a row had he not "retired" even though he was on the court in the loss to Orlando?

Are you saying no praise if they beat GS WITH Love?
Praise , but I feel more comfortable with no Love and Lebron taking 25-30 shots a game to being the most likely way to beat the Warriors.

I actually wish those Olajuwon Rockets teams could of had the chance to play Jordan's Bulls teams in 94' and 95'. Those Rockets teams had the best shot in a playoff series to beat the Bulls.

Believe it or not..... Older I get Olajuwon has become my favorite player from that era. He was those Houston teams , was such a humble competitor , and had such a unique skill set. Outside of Kareem I think he is the best Center to play the game.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Mostly agree. Though I do think the Cavs have some pieces they could move to improve. Assuming he has a Finals as good or better than last season, possibly Love. TT keeps playing well, he actually has a reasonable deal and I believe it's expiring. The 8 pick.

I hope they blow it up if Lebron goes.
Pretty much have to.

He beat that Celtics team with 4 guys that wouldn’t start on any other playoff team inthe nba. He beat them literally with a team of bench players. I don’t care if that doesn’t impress you or Stephen A, it impresses me.
JR , Tristan , and Love would start on several playoff teams. Even George Hill probably. Not sure what you are smoking , but moderation.

Praise , but I feel more comfortable with no Love and Lebron taking 25-30 shots a game to being the most likely way to beat the Warriors.

I actually wish those Olajuwon Rockets teams could of had the chance to play Jordan's Bulls teams in 94' and 95'. Those Rockets teams had the best shot in a playoff series to beat the Bulls.

Believe it or not..... Older I get Olajuwon has become my favorite player from that era. He was those Houston teams , was such a humble competitor , and had such a unique skill set. Outside of Kareem I think he is the best Center to play the game.
You think they are better off without Love? The same Love who went for 16 and 11 in the Finals last year with more points, rebounds, blocks and steals along with a higher shooting and 3 pt. % than Green?

I loved Olajuwan. I was wrong, but there was a time I might have argued he was better than MJ.

You think they are better off without Love? The same Love who went for 16 and 11 in the Finals last year with more points, rebounds, blocks and steals along with a higher shooting and 3 pt. % than Green?

I loved Olajuwan. I was wrong, but there was a time I might have argued he was better than MJ.
I would rather give Lebron 12-15 more shots than have Kevin Love , yes..... 100%

I think Love is not a good matchup for GSW especially due to his defense.

Edit: I still take Jordan , but those 2 years it would of been interesting to see. Olajuwon imo is the #2 guy of his era. He was the one big guy from the late 80's early 90's that I think would of had no issues playing in todays NBA. Because he was so adept at guarding in space , playing passing lanes , and as a rim protector.

Last edited:
He is in concussion protocol. He will be back for game 1. Iggy is the guy that nobody really knows and is the most important role player in this series.

What?

I'm talking about how it was impressive for LeBron to take that shitty roster and beat Boston without Love. I'm not sure what that has to do with Iggy.

What?

I'm talking about how it was impressive for LeBron to take that shitty roster and beat Boston without Love. I'm not sure what that has to do with Iggy.
They looked better without Love. A guy like Iggy is more valuable than Love in this series is my point , though a guy like Love gets the nod of being the better player.

I would rather give Lebron 12-15 more shots than have Kevin Love , yes..... 100%

I think Love is not a good matchup for GSW especially due to his defense.
So ignore what he did against them last year?

I don't dismiss defense, but offense matters, as well, and he did hold his own last year. I'd certainly rather have a healthy Kyrie than a much better defender like Hill, for instance.

He was the one big guy from the late 80's early 90's that I think would of had no issues playing in todays NBA. Because he was so adept at guarding in space , playing passing lanes , and as a rim protector.

Don't forget his footwork on offense. Maybe the best ever.

He is in concussion protocol. He will be back for game 1. Iggy is the guy that nobody really knows and is the most important role player in this series.
Not sure about that. He matters, sure, but he is their 5th best player. Cavs best role player would be their 3rd best player.

ADVERTISEMENT