ADVERTISEMENT

Cats will clobber Birds @ the fog 1/31.

12375CAT

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

I don't know....I tend to think that a fog would be the great equalizer for a bird. Cats wouldn't even be able to see it.

Reactions: KisteK
No one gives a crap about some second rate game that isn’t even deemed important enough to be selected for national tv.

• Sad
Reactions: ThePhog08
No one gives a crap about some second rate game that isn’t even deemed important enough to be selected for national tv.
Who could have guessed the most dominate league with back to back champions would have dominant teams worth watching when they can have suck azz B!G teams that start every year ranked and are unranked by conference on espn.

Who could have guessed the most dominate league with back to back champions would have dominant teams worth watching when they can have suck azz B!G teams that start every year ranked and are unranked by conference on espn.

I read this run on sentence 3x and still have no clue what you are trying to say.

• Haha
Reactions: Sparty_57
Now that KU is back on track thanks to playing a slump-buster, I expect they’ll take this game and set up a potential rubber match in the conference tournament.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Now that KU is back on track thanks to playing a slump-buster, I expect they’ll take this game and set up a potential rubber match in the conference tournament.
Not sure I'd call it a slump buster. Still have several guys who are struggling with their shot. Hopefully McCullar's buzzer beater three helped what he's got going on between the ears, because we can't have him passing up open shots or clanking open shots. Until he gets back on track and Dick starts hitting again like he was, KU is going to struggle.

With McCullar it's between the ears. With Dick, I think he has freshmen legs. It's common for freshmen who play a lot for Self to lose their legs halfway through the year. He looks tired out there. Might be time for Self to think about resting him a bit.

Not sure I'd call it a slump buster. Still have several guys who are struggling with their shot. Hopefully McCullar's buzzer beater three helped what he's got going on between the ears, because we can't have him passing up open shots or clanking open shots. Until he gets back on track and Dick starts hitting again like he was, KU is going to struggle.

With McCullar it's between the ears. With Dick, I think he has freshmen legs. It's common for freshmen who play a lot for Self to lose their legs halfway through the year. He looks tired out there. Might be time for Self to think about resting him a bit.
bodes well for Dick's pro career that he can't even handle a college schedule.

It was never realistic to expect Dick to continue to shoot near 50% from three with teams face guarding him. Some regression had to be expected. You might be right that he's losing his legs to an extent, but I think the bigger issue is shot selection the last few games. He felt pressure to make something happen when they fell behind and he started forcing bad shots. Self needs to find a way to get him better looks. When his feet are set, it's still almost automatic.

I doubt that McCullar's ever going to be a reliable outside shooter. He'll shoot better than he has lately, but I think it's more important for him to know his role. We don't need him shooting anything but the occasional open three.

The sky was never falling. They lost a pair of close road games vs good teams. In between was an embarrassing loss, but it was just one of those perfect storm types. A team that normally shoots 29% from three shot 53%, and KU missed about 75 layups. Shit happens.

I think that anybody who was really down on the team probably had unrealistic expectations. This isn't a team with dominant talent/athleticism. You can't expect them to mow through the Big 12 with a 16-2 record. But with Self at the helm, I do think they can still win it and also make a deep run in the tourney.

It was never realistic to expect Dick to continue to shoot near 50% from three with teams face guarding him. Some regression had to be expected. You might be right that he's losing his legs to an extent, but I think the bigger issue is shot selection the last few games. He felt pressure to make something happen when they fell behind and he started forcing bad shots. Self needs to find a way to get him better looks. When his feet are set, it's still almost automatic.

I doubt that McCullar's ever going to be a reliable outside shooter. He'll shoot better than he has lately, but I think it's more important for him to know his role. We don't need him shooting anything but the occasional open three.

The sky was never falling. They lost a pair of close road games vs good teams. In between was an embarrassing loss, but it was just one of those perfect storm types. A team that normally shoots 29% from three shot 53%, and KU missed about 75 layups. Shit happens.

I think that anybody who was really down on the team probably had unrealistic expectations. This isn't a team with dominant talent/athleticism. You can't expect them to mow through the Big 12 with a 16-2 record. But with Self at the helm, I do think they can still win it and also make a deep run in the tourney.
Yes Self does have to find a way for him to get better looks. But I also think I’m right on his legs. He barely got above the rim the other night in what would have been an easy dunk two months ago. Self always sets a hard pace they is difficult for Freshmen to keep their legs. Most freshmen don’t play much for Self so it usually isn’t an issue. Do you remember Morris? We thought he couldn’t dunk for a long time then found out according to him that his legs were just dead. It’s common for freshmen to lose their burst in their first year with Self.

Iced in so can't do anything. Looking forward to watching this one. Great basketball when you don't have a rooting interest is always fun.

KU getting better looks so far, but KStates two main guys are just alphas who hit big shots when they’re dialed in. Hard to pull away from them.

KU getting better looks so far, but KStates two main guys are just alphas who hit big shots when they’re dialed in. Hard to pull away from them.

Want to see KU finish some shots at the rim this 2nd half. Seemed to miss a good amount of shots close in the first half. Only 6/18 on 2pt shots.

The Big 12 commissioner should be embarrassed that his ineptitude means this game is only available on ESPN+ for much of the country. What an epic fail.
We all agree. Pathetic. But to his credit when this game was scheduled for tv kstate was picked preseason 9th.

We all agree. Pathetic. But to his credit when this game was scheduled for tv kstate was picked preseason 9th.
I know I’m spoiled but the B1G has two buy game non-con games for each school on B1G+ but every other game (including all conference games] is on national TV.

Want to see KU finish some shots at the rim this 2nd half. Seemed to miss a good amount of shots close in the first half. Only 6/18 on 2pt shots.

They definitely missed some shots around the basket in the first half that could have completely blown it open.

No we missed so many bunnies here in last 10 minutes. This game is on us. Bottom line. Turnovers in first half just unacceptable.

Actually calls have been fine last 10 minutes.

So many soft touch calls this game against both teams. Refs were ridiculous. Let them play some.

KU missed so many shots at the rim in the 1st half. Should have been up 18-20 at halftime tonight. KSU missed so many close looks those last 10 minutes it evened out in that regard.

The Big 12 commissioner should be embarrassed that his ineptitude means this game is only available on ESPN+ for much of the country. What an epic fail.

Dude needs his ass best for this shit tv deal. Half the decent games in the big 12 aren’t watched by the country because of this

ADVERTISEMENT