ADVERTISEMENT

Cassius Stanley hurt. MSU vs Duke predictions

ThePhog08

Gold Member
May 2, 2008
I think MSU takes this one. As they are getting healthier, Duke takes a huge L in Stanley. I think this will be low scoring.

65- 60 MSU

Losing Stanley is huge. Heckuva an athlete that offers a lot of versatility to the team. Scoring, defense, outside shooting. Baker and Moore will have to pick up the slack. Would like to see Carey/Hurt get 12+ shots. I think MSU wins this, and I agree with the OP that this will most likely be a low-scoring affair.

Duke struggles offensively and just lost their third leading scorer who’s eFG% and TS% are 10 points higher than the next perimeter player. I hope I’m wrong, but I don't see it being that close.

Last edited:
Duke struggles offensively and just lost their third leading scorer who’s eFG% and TS% is 10 points higher than the next perimeter player. I hope I’m wrong, but I don't see it being that close.

MSU is struggling defensively so far this year. three teams have hit at least 10 threes on us. Although you guys aren't particularly a strong 3 point shooting team.

Reactions: WojoRising
I predict Izzo still spends time crying about the NCAA transfer rules. I predict Coach K does nothing in this game that resembles coaching.

Reactions: blue_in_chicago
MSU is struggling defensively so far this year. three teams have hit at least 10 threes on us. Although you guys aren't particularly a strong 3 point shooting team.
It’s going to take a great game from Hurt and a couple threes from Baker for Duke to have a chance. And with the way Georgetown’s physicality shut Hurt down, I’m not optimistic.

Reactions: tw3301
I predict Coach K does nothing in this game that resembles coaching.

giphy.gif

It’s going to take a great game from Hurt and a couple threes from Baker for Duke to have a chance. And with the way Georgetown’s physicality shut Hurt down, I’m not optimistic.

MSU isn't playing at a high level right now. I think a lot of MSU fans expect a loss. We shouldn't lose at home though are my thoughts.

I’m hoping Tre Jones doesn’t have an insane revenge game for us knocking them out of the tournament last year. He and some of the other players will be fired up to take us out.

I think this is a must win for MSU if they want a 1 seed in March, unless we have an insane Big Ten season.

I’ll go 68-64 MSU

Reactions: ThePhog08
It's Duke. Yeah, we beat them in the tourney last year but overall Coach K owns Coach Izzo. I want my guys to stomp 'em, but I expect a loss. It's just the way I approach Duke. If I'm right...meh. If I'm wrong...Hosannas!

MSU by 30, thought this team would be bad before the season started and laughed at their #4 ranking... Turns out I was right. Hopefully they progress as the season goes on but they have seemed to regress defensively.

MSU by 30, thought this team would be bad before the season started and laughed at their #4 ranking... Turns out I was right. Hopefully they progress as the season goes on but they have seemed to regress defensively.
You guys beat Kansas. Yeah SFA is a bad loss but you have the potential, and have shown it.

You guys beat Kansas. Yeah SFA is a bad loss but you have the potential, and have shown it.

Still miffed about this game, lol. First game of the season aside, there is no reason for KU to have turned the ball over 28 times. Unreal.

That Stanley injury is really damaging for Duke. I think MSU scores at will in this game. This could be an ugly one for Duke.
MSU 81
Duke 68

Winthrop gave Duke all they could handle the next game, potential is there but they're not a good team right now.

That Stanley injury is really damaging for Duke. I think MSU scores at will in this game. This could be an ugly one for Duke.
MSU 81
Duke 68

I'd love that score... but still unsure of how this will go. We usually shit the bed against Duke. Hoping not, or else our OOC wins are pretty weak besides @ Seton Hall.

I'd love that score... but still unsure of how this will go. We usually shit the bed against Duke. Hoping not, or else our OOC wins are pretty weak besides @ Seton Hall.
MSU didn't shit the bed the last time they played them.

"usually" - because I think we shit the bed the 10 games prior to the Elite 8 last season
We suck against UNC and Duke. I don’t know what it is, we’re like a combined 4-25 against them or something like that. MSU doesn’t struggle like that against other power programs as much, just those 2.

Reactions: ThatsMrSpartan2U
ADVERTISEMENT