ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina peeps

JimboBBN

Jan 26, 2016
The Bluegrass State
Team
Kentucky
Taking a short trip to Charlotte in October for a Panthers game with my brother and his fiancé. Never been to the city before but this will be my first Panthers home game and I’ve been a diehard fan since I was a small kid. I cannot freakin wait.

I will be in town early Saturday afternoon and leaving early Monday morning. Give me an idea of some good bars and fun things to do. Preferably things close to downtown!

NODA arts and entertainment district is fun and has a ton of breweries , shops , food spots , music spots all in a close walking area. Cajun Queen upstairs bar when they have a piano player is fun for Happy Hour. Thirsty Beaver Saloon is a cool spot as well. You can go to the EpiCentre for late night bars and hangouts if you wanna stay closer to Uptown and the stadium. Haven't really run around Charlotte hard in a couple years. But those are some fun spots I have been before.

Also the Music Factory has a couple solid live music venues if somebody that interests you is in town playing.

The only time I go to Charlotte is to see the Panthers but there are lot of bars and restaraunts walking distance from the stadium. I'm going to the home opener against the Rams, first game of the season and the atmosphere is going to be crazy. I'm just hoping Todd Gurley doesn't go off in front of the home crowd. I think this is his first game in his home state as a pro.

The only time I go to Charlotte is to see the Panthers but there are lot of bars and restaraunts walking distance from the stadium. I'm going to the home opener against the Rams, first game of the season and the atmosphere is going to be crazy. I'm just hoping Todd Gurley doesn't go off in front of the home crowd. I think this is his first game in his home state as a pro.
I’m pumped. My brother is a huge Jags fan so he’s gonna be far outnumbered lol

We are staying close to the stadium. Definitely walking distance. Will allow for the most drinking

NODA arts and entertainment district is fun and has a ton of breweries , shops , food spots , music spots all in a close walking area. Cajun Queen upstairs bar when they have a piano player is fun for Happy Hour. Thirsty Beaver Saloon is a cool spot as well. You can go to the EpiCentre for late night bars and hangouts if you wanna stay closer to Uptown and the stadium. Haven't really run around Charlotte hard in a couple years. But those are some fun spots I have been before.

Also the Music Factory has a couple solid live music venues if somebody that interests you is in town playing.

Pretty well sums it up. If you feel adventurous and want to drive about 20 min north for a fantastic meal, I can suggest 2 places near me, 131 Main and Dresslers. Dresslers is straight 5 star , dinner only reservation place. 131 main is still real upscale, and parties over 4 need a reservation as well. Insane food at both places. Or there are plenty of great places near where you will be as well if you dont feel like making a trip.

ADVERTISEMENT