ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina- Duke game

FCAC771CEF8341079460.gif

So you can post pictures? The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is the GOAT of westerns IMO.

Reactions: denniden
Let’s me post gifs but not pics! Working on it. And yes, one of the best ever!

85021535_10158139826834456_7108630831517663232_o.jpg

Looks like the tat on GB's left calf says evil. It probably says devil, but I'm not sure that is much better. Dude sold his soul to the devil and he still can't win?

So you can post pictures? The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is the GOAT of westerns IMO.
I prefer some of the older westerns. I enjoy the 1950's westerns the best, but I have no issue with The good the bad and the ugly being considered the best of all time. All of Clints' no name western roles were pretty darn good.

I prefer some of the older westerns. I enjoy the 1950's westerns the best, but I have no issue with The good the bad and the ugly being considered the best of all time. All of Clints' no name western roles were pretty darn good.

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Leone's 'spaghetti westerns'.

Reactions: denniden

Ball Durham

✔@Ball_Durham

K is absolutely on fire today

Takes a shot at UL/UK: This game (Duke/UNC) is played in February, not January. And it’s always in primetime with the biggest viewership

Takes a shot at UNC: We aren’t an online school. Our players don’t take online classes

Pure
1f525.png
from the
1f410.png

1:28 PM - Feb 7, 2020

Some of his players take classes at other schools so that is a weird comment. I think it is a stretch to think he is taking a shot at UNC anyway though.

Seems feisty for no reason. Maybe he can blame it on Kirk Douglas.

Last edited:

Ball Durham

✔@Ball_Durham

K is absolutely on fire today

Takes a shot at UL/UK: This game (Duke/UNC) is played in February, not January. And it’s always in primetime with the biggest viewership

Takes a shot at UNC: We aren’t an online school. Our players don’t take online classes

Pure
1f525.png
from the
1f410.png

1:28 PM - Feb 7, 2020
I think instead of January he meant weekday afternoon's in December.

A) their football teams would never make it that far and b) they'd never play that early in basketball.
The joke being that it's too big of a rivalry to be scheduled on a weekday afternoon in December like UK-UL seems to have occur fairly often (3 times in 10 years).

The joke being that it's too big of a rivalry to be scheduled on a weekday afternoon in December like UK-UL seems to have occur fairly often (3 times in 10 years).
I got the joke,just twisted it. Point remains the same though.

Also, here's the dates of UK/UL. It usually the same. Well before CFP.

Untitled.png

Say what you want but playing your hated rival around Christmas is pure hell. You’re either gonna have a great Christmas or a horrible Christmas. Duke/UNc is great and I’ll give them the edge on top rivalry simply because ESPN hyped it so much but they play 2 possibly 3 times every year so there’s always that chance to get revenge. UK and UL lose, its wait another full year to try and get redemption unless we meet in the NCAA’s and that don’t happen often!

Say what you want but playing your hated rival around Christmas is pure hell. You’re either gonna have a great Christmas or a horrible Christmas. Duke/UNc is great and I’ll give them the edge on top rivalry simply because ESPN hyped it so much but they play 2 possibly 3 times every year so there’s always that chance to get revenge. UK and UL lose, its wait another full year to try and get redemption unless we meet in the NCAA’s and that don’t happen often!
You have gave me so much to think about. I never tied Christmas to UK/UL.

You really hang on to this game, don't you?

NVM. shit.

For Christ sakes how do you make a damn pic load on here????:mad:
Find the pic you want, right click on it to copy the url. Copy it. Paste it into your post. If you’re doing it on an iPad you need to select the portrait icon first, then paste the copied url there.

The fact that UK and UL play once a year isn’t *better*; it’s just different. Personally I like the way Duke/UNC works better... you have the first game, and then the second game is the “Do you dominate your opponent this year, or can they fight to make it even” game, and THEN you get the barn burner of meeting near the end of ACC tournament, where SO much is often on the line... the chance at a ACC title, the chance at a one seed, the chance to go one up on the other team (or even sweep them)... having several games lets each year become a series of games that creates an overall story; it isn’t just “we meet once and that’s it, and it rarely has any real implications.”

That whole thing about K taking shots is BS. Looks more like whoever that is on twitter trying to stir up trouble than anything serious.

Last edited:
The fact that UK and UL play once a year isn’t *better*; it’s just different. Personally I like the way Duke/UNC works better... you have the first game, and then the second game is the “Do you dominate your opponent this year, or can they fight to make it even” game, and THEN you get the barn burner of meeting near the end of ACC tournament, where SO much is often on the line... the chance at a ACC title, the chance at a one seed, the chance to go one up on the other team (or even sweep them)... having several games lets each year become a series of games that creates an overall story; it isn’t just “we meet once and that’s it, and it rarely has any real implications.”

That whole thing about K taking shots is BS. Looks more like whoever that is on twitter trying to stir up trouble than anything serious.
Everything you say is biased. Long winded or consicise, it's still biased.

The easiest way to settle this is, did Coach K bring up UL/UK?

I've been really lazy over this story. Can I find a clip of K bringing up UL/UK recently?

Last edited:
Everything you say is biased. Long winded or consicise, it's still biased.

The easiest way to settle this is, did Coach K bring up UL/UK?
No.
People are just assuming that’s the rivalry he was talking about.
Don’t they play the UL-UK game in December & not January?

fine I'll find my own clip since no one here can link it.
UNC fans are saying he's not talking about UK/UL.

Yeah, I'm not saying he wasn't. Just saying there isn't much context there. I'm all about context.

NVM. This doesn't matter. we know where UK/UL stands on the most heated rival. UNC fans are taking up for K here ITT. Winking

Too lazy to look it, just reads between the lines.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT