ADVERTISEMENT

*** Cards @ Cats Game Thread ***

Definitely not UL’s best game, but it was comforting to see UK win by a huge margin when Knox was the worst player on the floor in blue.

UKs guard play was awesome, especially SGA.

I find it funny that UL fans complained about officiating...... I guess chucking up 4 billion threes , the refs should just call fouls anyways?

That being said.... I noticed a few and 1 calls that were weak.. Usually calls they wait to see if the shot is made or not to determine whether they blow the whistle.

The double tech was just b.s.... thats a play on.

The reversed goal tending........ wasnt a goal tend anyways. The ball was at the apex but definitely not on the way down..... so IMO UL got a break getting the ball back.

But you know what..... I'm in a generous mood... lets say UK got some home cooking... want 15 pts back for it? Oh wait it would still of been a blow out.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
I'll be straight. I thought we got a good home whistle but it doesn't make the win any less enjoyable for me.

UL has a few really ugly seasons coming up I suspect. It'll be another 4 years before they beat UK in basketball again.

I'll be straight. I thought we got a good home whistle but it doesn't make the win any less enjoyable for me.

UL has a few really ugly seasons coming up I suspect. It'll be another 4 years before they beat UK in basketball again.

the whistle was very fair
when a team jacks up 25 threes, how many foul calls are they going to get?
not to mention all the reaching fouls UL committed
i put that on their coach, at some point he has to scream "STOP REACHING AND GET INTO POSITION"

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
the whistle was very fair
when a team jacks up 25 threes, how many foul calls are they going to get?
not to mention all the reaching fouls UL committed
i put that on their coach, at some point he has to scream "STOP REACHING AND GET INTO POSITION"

Idk. As I was watching I thought we got away with a lot of contact when Louisville did drive the ball or try to go inside. Maybe that's just me.

Louisville has been used to getting away with some stuff for years now because of the amount of respect Pitino had from officials. So some of it is probably not having that luxury anymore. But I did feel we got a good whistle. We typically get like 2 or 3 a year in Rupp where I can honest I say to myself "yeah, we got some home cooking for a change". This is probably the first one this year I've thought that about.

We got one last year against Georgia and we desperately needed it that game.

I don't think it would have mattered this game. Louisville just played bad all around. And Kentucky was motivated coming off a loss to a team they are better than.

Idk. As I was watching I thought we got away with a lot of contact when Louisville did drive the ball or try to go inside. Maybe that's just me.

Louisville has been used to getting away with some stuff for years now because of the amount of respect Pitino had from officials. So some of it is probably not having that luxury anymore. But I did feel we got a good whistle. We typically get like 2 or 3 a year in Rupp where I can honest I say to myself "yeah, we got some home cooking for a change". This is probably the first one this year I've thought that about.

We got one last year against Georgia and we desperately needed it that game.

I don't think it would have mattered this game. Louisville just played bad all around. And Kentucky was motivated coming off a loss to a team they are better than.

agree 100% on the bolded part
had they not fouled on our drives i think we would still have scored on most of them
UL looked like the more inexperienced team

I’ve never seen a UL team play soft defend elike this. Usually that match up zone is intense and over aggressive. I guess Pitino put the fear of God in them which made them go all out for him

Idk what you want me to say. Obviously if we could get a coach right now, then yes fired now. But that’s impossible. He does need to go and Ik that isnt happening now, but at least Im taking it out on who should be blamed for this mess.

I’ve never seen a UL team play soft defend elike this. Usually that match up zone is intense and over aggressive. I guess Pitino put the fear of God in them which made them go all out for him

He yelled at them on every horrible shot. He yelled at them for getting blown by. He yelled at them for every single mistake. That is what it takes to be a coach. That is what I havent seen from Padgett. Sure he's broken clipboards and stuff, but the offense is way too unorganized. Just because it's an open shot, doesn't mean it's a good shot. And that's not being taught.

Didn’t I read somewhere though that UVA is a top 3 team in the ACC?

It doesnt matter if UVA is Top 3 or in last place. We arent beating UVA with Padgett. He'll play Pitino style and that doesnt work. Im anxious to see if our new coach can beat them

UL has still never beat UK three games in a row.

Calipari has added Padgett to the list of "worst lost ever" joining Alford, and Self.

Most points scored for either team since UK beat UL 103-89 back in 1991.
Also UK is 2-0 against the ACC this year. UK has the all time wins record due to playing in the SEC.

26055765_10215542621667215_296742202404091500_n.jpg

He yelled at them on every horrible shot. He yelled at them for getting blown by. He yelled at them for every single mistake. That is what it takes to be a coach. That is what I havent seen from Padgett. Sure he's broken clipboards and stuff, but the offense is way too unorganized. Just because it's an open shot, doesn't mean it's a good shot. And that's not being taught.
He taught them to never take responsibility. He taught them to deny guilt at all costs. He taught them that if you were important, rules don't apply to you. He taught them that the bigger you are, the harder you fall. (which is a good lesson, unless you're uncheat)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT