ADVERTISEMENT

Cant wait to hear how good the Big 10 is over and over every year

This is a really bad look for the B1G. Same number of Sweet 16 teams as ACC despite getting 3 more teams in.
This is a really bad look for the ACC. Same number of Sweet 16 teams as the Ivy League, the NEC, and CUSA despite getting 4 more teams in.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
This is a really bad look for the ACC. Same number of Sweet 16 teams as the Ivy League, the NEC, and CUSA despite getting 4 more teams in.

That makes it even worse for the B1G considering you got 7 more teams in than those conferences. I think you might legit be stupid if that was your counterargument

• Haha
Reactions: TKBray and 829305
That makes it even worse for the B1G considering you got 7 more teams in than those conferences. I think you might legit be stupid if that was your counterargument
I wasn’t countering your point, just noting the hypocrisy of it.

I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised that you chose to be rude in response, given the general level of banter on this forum. I had expected better for some reason.

Reactions: winin11
I wasn’t countering your point, just noting the hypocrisy of it.

I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised that you chose to be rude in response, given the general level of banter on this forum. I had expected better for some reason.

I’m well aware that the ACC was terrible this year. Never once disputed that. Doesn’t mean that the B1G didn’t disappoint in the tourney AGAIN

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I’m well aware that the ACC was terrible this year. Never once disputed that. Doesn’t mean that the B1G didn’t disappoint in the tourney AGAIN
Purdue disappointed, everyone else did about what was expected of them

Reactions: jhmossy
Purdue disappointed, everyone else did about what was expected of them

You could say the same about ACC. UVA was really only disappointment in terms of failing to live up to seeding. The difference is that ACC was labeled trash all year. The B1G wasn’t.

Reactions: 829305 and bMORE607
You could say the same about ACC. UVA was really only disappointment in terms of failing to live up to seeding. The difference is that ACC was labeled trash all year. The B1G wasn’t.
ACC is labeled trash because of 2 things.

North Carolina completely falling flat despite being preseason #1, and the bottom of the conference being significantly worse than most years.

I wouldn’t look too far into what the talking heads are regurgitating, they aren’t clever enough to come up with better reasoning and arguments on their own.

Reactions: 829305 and jhmossy
ACC is labeled trash because of 2 things.

North Carolina completely falling flat despite being preseason #1, and the bottom of the conference being significantly worse than most years.

I wouldn’t look too far into what the talking heads are regurgitating, they aren’t clever enough to come up with better reasoning and arguments on their own.
Unc shoulda been in. They just wanted to make history.

• Haha
Reactions: 1016CC0503
It was obvious the entire season showed widespread parity none of the results are overly surprising. The 16 over 1 numerical thing does grab ya but really Purdue had no athletes it was only a matter of how soon not if they were going to lose. AZ loss most surprising on paper, everything else no shock.

It was obvious the entire season showed widespread parity none of the results are overly surprising. The 16 over 1 numerical thing does grab ya but really Purdue had no athletes it was only a matter of how soon not if they were going to lose. AZ loss most surprising on paper, everything else no shock.
Yep. The reality for Purdue was they had a really good 2 week stretch back in November (wins over Marquette, WVU, Duke and Gonzaga) and won a bunch of close games against a mediocre B1G.

We were arguably one of the worst one seeds in some time with one dominant player and a bunch of decent talent around him but no one that could create for themselves. We were very easy to defend when the threes weren't falling (and they frequently weren't).

Yep. The reality for Purdue was they had a really good 2 week stretch back in November (wins over Marquette, WVU, Duke and Gonzaga) and won a bunch of close games against a mediocre B1G.

We were arguably one of the worst one seeds in some time with one dominant player and a bunch of decent talent around him but no one that could create for themselves. We were very easy to defend when the threes weren't falling (and they frequently weren't).
Speaks volumes to how good of a game/prep coach Painter is to get a team with this many holes so many wins. Last year was the missed opportunity. This year just solid overachievement.

Speaks volumes to how good of a game/prep coach Painter is to get a team with this many holes so many wins. Last year was the missed opportunity. This year just solid overachievement.
He’s a finalist for NCOY and 1/3 of our homeboard wants him fired. Pretty crazy.

The ACC really should get more consideration over the Big Ten in terms of tournament bids and seeding. Tournament results should matter.

Reactions: evergreentiger
ADVERTISEMENT