ADVERTISEMENT

Can't foul away from the ball?

brooky03

Jan 10, 2012
Since when are you not allowed to foul away from the ball in college? Did I miss something?

Cuse was trying a hack-a-shaq strategy against the big guy on FSU. He was fouled with neither excessive nor unnecessary contact. A flagrant 1 was assessed.

I'm just confused.

Since when are you not allowed to foul away from the ball in college? Did I miss something?

Cuse was trying a hack-a-shaq strategy against the big guy on FSU. He was fouled with neither excessive nor unnecessary contact. A flagrant 1 was assessed.

I'm just confused.
I am pretty sure I have seen fouls away from the ball this year so not sure what is going on

For those who didn't see it, our 6 ft. tall backup PG more or less intentionally bumped into a 7'3"+ monster of a man. The FSU player moved back about a quarter of an inch after contact. Our player didn't extended his arms or do anything that could be deemed excessive.

Cuse got the stop after the FT so it didn't impact the outcome of the game but it's still irksome.

Brissitt is the only consistent scorer Syracuse has. Battle is only a streak shooter and inconsistent most of the time. Howard can’t handle the ball and turns it over to much. Moyer and our 7ft center couldn’t shoot 50% from the floor if they were the only ones playing. You can’t score you can’t win. Oh, and of course no bench play because they get no playing time.

Brissitt is the only consistent scorer Syracuse has. Battle is only a streak shooter and inconsistent most of the time. Howard can’t handle the ball and turns it over to much. Moyer and our 7ft center couldn’t shoot 50% from the floor if they were the only ones playing. You can’t score you can’t win. Oh, and of course no bench play because they get no playing time.

Brissett shoots 30% from the field.

I'm just confused.
Correct call.

Fouling a player who's clearly away from the ball, and not directly involved in the play, for the sole purpose of stopping the clock. It's a flagrant 1 foul.

Rather it was excessive and or unnecessary is irrelevant.

Also if not a legitimate play on the ball OR the player,. regardless of the severity(contact),its a Flagrant 1.

Correct call, Brooky.

Correct call.

Fouling a player who's clearly away from the ball, and not directly involved in the play, for the sole purpose of stopping the clock. It's a flagrant 1 foul.

Rather it was excessive and or unnecessary is irrelevant.

Also if not a legitimate play on the ball OR the player,. regardless of the severity(contact),its a Flagrant 1.

Correct call, Brooky.

I wasn't aware. Thank you, Borden.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
ADVERTISEMENT