ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

Last edited:
Chicago wouldn't make the playoffs in their region.

We'd get a #2 seed, but no doubt we'd gang rape and slaughter BMore.

*Realized that data is a couple years old, but point remains.

I think St. Louis and Baltimore have been topping the list lately. Of course Memphis and Chicago/Gary are always up there too. Kind of surprised KC is on there though.

AF8-D1-B07-427-F-4-AEA-8-FCD-44-F1-A67-BE942.jpg

Man, I love my wife---but if she doesn't stop snoring.....Swear,gonna fukin stab her...
I've got the same issue over here. I sleep in the guest room more often than our room and it gets worse when we take the RV our for a getaway.
Just went to the outer banks a couple weeks ago, had 4 others in the RV with us. Tried earplugs… .nope. I slept out in the truck twice. Ugh

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Only a matter of time before Louisville cracks the top ten in the south or midwest. Wherever they put it.
We were just there for a baseball tournament and I was at first amazed with how clean the city seemed. Stayed at The Brown Hotel, which was too fancy for my taste, but very nice none-the-less. However, we rented those scooters and found ourselves in quite a few shady places all of the sudden. Pretty sure we saw two dead homeless guys. Ambulance showed up for one. My boys got to grow up quick, ha. Saying that, I really did love the downtown, but man, if you get off the beaten path, check yourself.

We were just there for a baseball tournament and I was at first amazed with how clean the city seemed. Stayed at The Brown Hotel, which was too fancy for my taste, but very nice none-the-less. However, we rented those scooters and found ourselves in quite a few shady places all of the sudden. Pretty sure we saw two dead homeless guys. Ambulance showed up for one. My boys got to grow up quick, ha. Saying that, I really did love the downtown, but man, if you get off the beaten path, check yourself.
I used to be very proud to call Louisville home. In the last two years, the crime and murder rates have just been exponential compared to what they used to be. Maybe that gets fixed, but I think the odds of it getting worse are better. Glad you had fun though, man! There are definitely some fun things to do for families.

Being a UNC guy, I'm sure you've been to Charlotte before. If not, it is 10 times nicer downtown than Louisville is, at least in my opinion.

Reactions: 829305
I used to be very proud to call Louisville home. In the last two years, the crime and murder rates have just been exponential compared to what they used to be. Maybe that gets fixed, but I think the odds of it getting worse are better. Glad you had fun though, man! There are definitely some fun things to do for families.

Being a UNC guy, I'm sure you've been to Charlotte before. If not, it is 10 times nicer downtown than Louisville is, at least in my opinion.
Last time I was in Charlotte it was very nice. Been awhile though, maybe ten years or so. But it was like you could see the way it was heading and it was the right direction. Only lived in NC for 3 years (‘04-‘07) fwiw, Illinois for the rest.

You know, for the dipshits that had kids without being financially resposible enough to take care of them

I don’t think that’s it. Even for people not in poverty, daycare is often prohibitively expensive. I don’t know what Warren’s universal child care would look like, but there is probably a point to be made that subsidizing child care could boost the economy by freeing up stay-at-home moms or dads to go to work.

I don’t think that’s it. Even for people not in poverty, daycare is often prohibitively expensive. I don’t know what Warren’s universal child care would look like, but there is probably a point to be made that subsidizing child care could boost the economy by freeing up stay-at-home moms or dads to go to work.
Daycare is part of raising a child. If you don't have a way to take care of your child, for gods sake dont have one.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Daycare is part of raising a child. If you don't have a way to take care of your child, for gods sake dont have one.

We’re not talking about just, or even mostly, people who have kids they can’t take care of.

We’re not talking about just, or even mostly, people who have kids they can’t take care of.
Who are we talking about then? Seems like that would be the biggest demographic that would use and abuse this system.

Who are we talking about then? Seems like that would be the biggest demographic that would use and abuse this system.

I assume a subsidized childcare program would be more of an economic stimulus strategy than anything. Just like with welfare, abuse would occur but wouldn’t be commonplace.

Anything for the left to give handouts. Give me a break. Another way to brush off personal accountability

We pay government to provide services. I don’t know what personal accountability has to do with this.

We pay government to provide services. I don’t know what personal accountability has to do with this.
We are overtaxed to provide services like this where a very large portion is abused. There is nothing wrong at all with telling people to be responsible and plan before having kids...much less multiple kids. Thats the real service....for the kids sake.

I guess you’re saying this would make poor people pop out more babies cuz they don’t have to pay for somebody to watch them?
Right now I pay taxes that goes to the public schools in my area, and I don’t have any kids. I have a huge problem with this, and I’m not the only one. Like most things “universal”, this would be extremely abused and would cost people money that have nothing to do with it. It’s the reason why, with the possible exception of health care, I think universal anything in this country would be a mistake.

We are overtaxed to provide services like this where a very large portion is abused. There is nothing wrong at all with telling people to be responsible and plan before having kids...much less multiple kids. Thats the real service....for the kids sake.

Why not have people be responsible and plan before having kids and also provide a service that helps the economy?

[inserts ‘why not both?’ meme]

Right now I pay taxes that goes to the public schools in my area, and I don’t have any kids. I have a huge problem with this, and I’m not the only one. Like most things “universal”, this would be extremely abused and would cost people money that have nothing to do with it. It’s the reason why, with the possible exception of health care, I think universal anything in this country would be a mistake.

You can’t say you only want your tax money to go towards things that benefit you directly.

If we want to address wasteful spending and abusers of the system running rampant, look at defense contractors and military spending in general.

…..or money spent on a big fence

You can’t say you only want your tax money to go towards things that benefit you directly.

If we want to address wasteful spending and abusers of the system running rampant, look at defense contractors and military spending in general.

…..or money spent on a big fence
You can address the wasteful spending you listed but that doesn’t take away from my point. If you disagree it would be a bad idea, that’s fine. I think it would be a big mistake.

Why not have people be responsible and plan before having kids and also provide a service that helps the economy?

[inserts ‘why not both?’ meme]
Probably b/c we don't have the balls to cut out the abusers of systems. I'm all for helping out the economy in various ways but i'm not going to lie, there are a large contingent of us that are sick and tired of enabling the lazy & stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT