ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

Honestly, not something I’ve had to do. Does backing up a trailer connected to a lawn mower/tractor count? Lol

I backed a $100k Jag out of a garage once. That was fun. Rest your foot on the gas and you’re going 30.

I’m good with Uhauls
Its a manly skill. To me it seems impossible in life to not know how to pull and back a trailer.

Its a manly skill. To me it seems impossible in life to not know how to pull and back a trailer.

I could do it, just never had to. Learned how to shoot a rifle reasonable accurately in like 2 minutes. Drove my friend’s manual Civic a few blocks without murdering the clutch.

Backing up a truck with a trailer doesn’t seem like it would be difficult. Is there more to it than not jackknifing the shit?

I could do it, just never had to. Learned how to shoot a rifle reasonable accurately in like 2 minutes. Drove my friend’s manual Civic a few blocks without murdering the clutch.

Backing up a truck with a trailer doesn’t seem like it would be difficult. Is there more to it than not jackknifing the shit?
So you can't back up a boat or drive a stick? You really are worthless! The problem most people make backing up a trailer is overcorrecting. Small movements are key.

Reactions: toonces11
Same. AAA was clutch when my wife got a flat coming home from work on the highway. Same highway where Jim Boeheim killed that guy.
TS my wife had a flat coming out of work, forgot we had AAA and ended up having a legless guy changing the tire. She gave him 20 bucks and I was a little ticked she didn't call AAA.

Even a legless guy can change a tire.

Reactions: brooky03
You can get a great set of snow tires for about $500. Throw them on a front wheel drive car and there’s really no need for 4wd and certainly not ****ing chains lol. And I grew up in an area that set once set the national record for yearly snowfall.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You can get a great set of snow tires for about $500. Throw them on a front wheel drive car and there’s really no need for 4wd and certainly not ****ing chains lol. And I grew up in an area that set once set the national record for yearly snowfall.
I have an idea how to put them on, but never did it.

Lol. Goobers don't know how to use mirrors.

If you back up using just mirrors in a vehicle with a rear window, you are a nerd lol.

Edit: I take that back. But I don’t see the purpose of restricting your field of view when you can just turn and look (like the DMV teaches, in NY at least).

Last edited:

True dat. I’ve done fine with all season tires on FWD vehicles. As long as they’re not bald and you pay attention, you’re good to go.

What's yalls thoughts on assisted suicide? If someone is going to die eventually and they don't want to drag it out. Does it go against Hippocratic oath?

What's yalls thoughts on assisted suicide? If someone is going to die eventually and they don't want to drag it out. Does it go against Hippocratic oath?

This was an awesome thing to debate in our “ethics in health care” philosophy class. It was my favorite class of my schooling. The entire thing was forming arguments on topics like that using different philosophies (Emmanuel Kant, Stuart Mill, etc.)

ADVERTISEMENT