Can We Keep This Civil? Let's talk some IU hoops here.

Discussion in 'College Basketball Board' started by Ipartiedwithhopgood, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Ameoba Offense

Ameoba Offense Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

My feelings on Crean mirror yours. I gotta admit, however, that I have my heart set on the chance that Stevens will be the next coach. For that to be a possibility, I think this team needs to limp into the tournament and then fall short of whatever expectations are set next year. Then, Ainge has to fail to land any FA's this summer which would ensure another 30 win season in Boston.

Crean's buyout drops to 4 mil and Stevens would have suffered 150+ losses in three years with no hope in sight. At that point, I think the timing would be right for both parties.

It's a pipedream, I know.

2. manu1433

manu1433 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Stevens signed up for a rebuilding job....they have like 1000 draft picks

3. Ameoba Offense

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I realize that. One of those Nets picks has already been used (on Young, I think) and the next two aren't until '16 & '18. Even if they draft well, it will take another few years for them to mature and gel. Just look at the learning curves for Washington and New Orleans , who are both competitive now but far from elite yet. That's a long time to wait - not sure how much patience he has. They need a big time FA soon to speed up the process and provide hope.

I get that a lot has to happen on both sides to make it work for IU but a lot has to happen for Boston too (maybe) to convince him it's worth the wait.

Like I said, I know it's a pipedream but it's my pipedream and I'm sticking to it until either IU or Boston starts winning..

4. sdsufan10

sdsufan10 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Stevens isn't going to IU unless he is fired. Indiana fans need to focus on other realistic targets like Sean Miller, John Calipari, and Bill Self.

5. dcamden

dcamden Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Fans are the best, especially ones from programs that think they are a little better than they actually are. You have got to read the article I linked, it sums up fans' ridiculousness when searching for a coach.

Izzo rumors growing legs

6. Ameoba Offense

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Good to see Purdue fans are out and proud lately.

7. dcamden

dcamden Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Its good to be here.