ADVERTISEMENT

Can the zags finally get it done?

Auburn fans have been pretty scarce around here lately.

I'm shocked.

@AuHoosier420

Some can't handle failure.
It hurts to lose. After last years Kentucky team I actually got used to it and this year it is easier to take.

Yesterdays top ten simply failed, with the exception of Duke. But in the defense of the SEC teams and Kansas they did lose to ranked teams.

I enjoyed this thread guys. @IUfanBorden I hope you get to feeling better soon. As an aside for Borden and @lurkeraspect84 don't be calling at 12:30 am. I am going to be in bed for at the least an hour! Geeze you dude are night owls, especially Borden being on Eastern time.

I hope you get feeling better @iuborden

It hurts to lose. After last years Kentucky team I actually got used to it and this year it is easier to take.

Yesterdays top ten simply failed, with the exception of Duke. But in the defense of the SEC teams and Kansas they did lose to ranked teams.

I enjoyed this thread guys. @IUfanBorden I hope you get to feeling better soon. As an aside for Borden and @lurkeraspect84 don't be calling at 12:30 am. I am going to be in bed for at the least an hour! Geeze you dude are night owls, especially Borden being on Eastern time.

I hope you get feeling better @iuborden
Would you rather me call you an asshole?

Colorado really the only head scratcher.....Funny thing is, Lurk and I talked last night about how good we thought Arizona was....

@lurkeraspect84 ----We jinxed the **** out those dudes...I think we might be onto something here.

Sooooo.........

yeah, we talked a good 10 minutes about how great they were. Crazy.
Can you guys talk tomorrow about how good Wisconsin is please?

Haven’t watched them much at all this year. But seemingly would be a year they could do it. Last year Baylor and Zags were so far above anyone else. This year it’s more spread out.

seems like anyone of about 10 teams could win it this year.

with that said, they have a lot of experience from last years runner up team. That will matter in March.
I don't think Gonzaga has played near the rigorous schedule played by most ranked teams. They have played 12 quad 4 games. Bama has not played any quad 4 games and I bet most ranked teams don't play that many Q 4 teams.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I don't think Gonzaga has played near the rigorous schedule played by most ranked teams. They have played 12 quad 4 games. Bama has not played any quad 4 games and I bet most ranked teams don't play that many Q 4 teams.
They've played 13. Here are the NET rankings and records by quads.

I said this in October. Looks about right. Didn't think the Gonzaga guards were dominant enough to steamroll past every team in league play. Saint Mary's and San Francisco will both be at-large bids. Crazy to think SMC and USF are both top 25 in KenPom.

KenPom's initial projections are now available. Look where he has the WCC teams.

1. Gonzaga
34. San Francisco
38. BYU
42. Saint Mary's
69. Loyola Marymount

Potentially 4 WCC schools in the tournament? Unlikely, but that would be pretty remarkable. I'd be willing to bet they get 3 schools in the dance, though.

I'll just say this, Gonzaga will lose at least one game next year in league play.

Zags are still the team to beat imo. Saturday was a big wakeup call for them and I think Few will have their attention now.

I don't expect them to be challenged again until the Sweet 16.

• Wow
The Zags will be fine. Winning on the road in Moraga does not come easily, especially against SMC's slow tempo and rugged defense. Saint Mary's is ranked #17 in KenPom - and they're 5-0 at home against top 75 teams. A good percentage of ranked teams would have lost to the Gaels on Saturday.

Well duh. They're gonna be the #1 overall seed. They shouldn't be challenged until at least the Sweet 16. It's not like we're talking about Kansas or something. 😁
No, we're talking about a team that doesn't play the harder games week after week. It's easier to play the marquee games when you just played a team ranked 256.....duh

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT